Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Futurama had a lot of that heartbreaking s**t in it. Pathos i think it’s called. Personally i think its also funnier (and frankly better) than the Simpsons but appreciate that’s an unpopular opinion.
I think peak Simpson's was funnier than futurama, but agree the emotion was stronger in Futurama.
also as much as it got dicked around it was maybe a blessing that Futurama had to end so it didn't become as stagnant as The Simpsons has been for the last 15 or so years

Going through a bit of a s**t time tbh, but just wanted to say I love you guys here, talking dees footy really helps.
That sucks Jarmup. Really hope things improve for you soon

Going through a bit of a s**t time tbh, but just wanted to say I love you guys here, talking dees footy really helps.
Remember that when things are bad it's almost never permanent, it just feels that way. And often it wont be long before you can look back with perspective and see what was gained from the bad experience.

But for now just keep trying to ride it out. All the best mate.

Best wishes Jamurp , hope things improve for you. And I agree, its good to have a board like this where you can like shoot the breeze and take your mind off things.

Best wishes Jamurp , hope things improve for you. And I agree, its good to have a board like this where you can like shoot the breeze and take your mind off things.
Melbourne could cease to exist and I'd still post here. The footy is just an excuse

Not for everyone but trying getting to a gym, do some boxing, go for a run. Really helped me. It's tough to think of life's problems when your in the middle of a workout

+1 for boxing it’s an amazing workout and so good for your brain (provided you’re just hitting bags and not people 😅).
I've never been as gassed as I was after doing a 15 min clinching session practicing under/over hooks with another 95kg bloke wrestling for position. Honestly thought I'd throw me heart up.

**** feels amazing but once you start getting the technique down and making connection with the bag.

Feels incredible till a 70kg bloke dances around the ring boxing ya face off 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks everyone :) really appreciate the kind words.

Post break-up has me in a weird place ha, love you all here.
I was in the same boat in November. Started drinking pretty heavily so got my arse into boxing.
Find an outlet mate whatever it is and go full speed at it.

I was in the same boat in November. Started drinking pretty heavily so got my arse into boxing.
Find an outlet mate whatever it is and go full speed at it.
Yeah I am certainly in that phase now, thankfully I've always been active, hiking, swimming, gym, exercise cures all.

Reaching out to people again helps, first time being single for 6 years, it's an adjustment.

Yeah I am certainly in that phase now, thankfully I've always been active, hiking, swimming, gym, exercise cures all.

Reaching out to people again helps, first time being single for 6 years, it's an adjustment.
Yeah without being dramatic the gym probably saved me. One thing I could do was hit the piss hard to cope.

No easy way to fix the post break up feelings, just feels like shit. But keep ya self busy and one day you'll realize you haven't thought about if for a few hours. Then a few days.

Or as they would say in the old days. Suck it up and get on with it 👍

Last edited:
Yeah without being dramatic the gym probably saved me. One thing I could do was hit the piss hard to cope.

No easy way to fix the post break up feelings, just feels like s**t. But keep ya self busy and one day you'll realize you haven't though about if for a few hours. Then a few days.

Or as they would say in the old days. Suck it up and get on with it 👍
Yeah drinking is a very easy way to fix the pain, but it just comes back so much worse, it's a bad cycle. All about finding healthy outets to cope. I went through a bad drinking phase in 2014 and joined a gym and just stopped, it really is the best to exercise.

I will find a way to move on, has just hit me harder than I thought, I will find a way.

Yeah drinking is a very easy way to fix the pain, but it just comes back so much worse, it's a bad cycle. All about finding healthy outets to cope. I went through a bad drinking phase in 2014 and joined a gym and just stopped, it really is the best to exercise.

I will find a way to move on, has just hit me harder than I thought, I will find a way.
Yeah told my mate who was struggling with the bottle join the gym, bloody hard to be a gym goer and party animal at the same time you have to choose one. One makes you feel shit for an hour then good after, the other makes you feel good for couple hours then like shit for a while.

Yeah told my mate who was struggling with the bottle join the gym, bloody hard to be a gym goer and party animal at the same time you have to choose one. One makes you feel s**t for an hour then good after, the other makes you feel good for couple hours then like s**t for a while.
It's also hard to workout regularly when you're always cooked from drinking, like you really enjoy the energy exercising gives you, and you feel like you want to take care of yourself so you can continue to do it.

I think I just need to get better about talking about my feelings to people, very insular when I'm going through it, but working on that.

It's also hard to workout regularly when you're always cooked from drinking, like you really enjoy the energy exercising gives you, and you feel like you want to take care of yourself so you can continue to do it.

I think I just need to get better about talking about my feelings to people, very insular when I'm going through it, but working on that.
Lol that was the reason my last relationship ended so maybe get advice from someone else on that one haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back