Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5 salads

1. Som Tam (green papaya salad)
2. Salada Nicoise
3. Insalata Caprice
4. Waldorf Salad
5. Tabbouleh
The_Simpsons__22You_dont_win_friends_with_salad22.jpg

I learned it early (comparatively- I was a late starter). I grew up in Canberra which back then was approximately 15 years behind food trends. I thought a cappuccino was a pretty nifty idea in about 1990
Did you tie an onion to your belt?

Been pondering this for hours but I can't even name a salad outside of Tabbouleh and Caesar and I've never eaten the last one.

I make this one thing with brown rice avocado kinwah (however it's spelled, starts with q), tiny little bits of carrot red onion and some other stuff but I didn't call it anything. That's #1 IMO.

Edit: there's something green in there too, coriander (just a touch).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That one sounds real! 🤔
It does too. I think we should team up and get a cookbook going of BBB vegan delights. I’m starting with the lettuce-wrap grated carrot, grapefruit and sultana “burrito”

It does too. I think we should team up and get a cookbook going of BBB vegan delights. I’m starting with the lettuce-wrap grated carrot, grapefruit and sultana “burrito”
Broccoli and beetroot spinach and kale salad with crushed almonds but it's overcooked by a couple of years.

Broccoli and beetroot spinach and kale salad with crushed almonds but it's overcooked by a couple of years.
I don’t think there is anything wrong with vegan food - possibly because I never eat it so genuinely have no idea, but it freaks me a bit when it sells itself as a recognisable dish while you can tell it is nothing like.

Vegan Aussie burger:

Thin layers of dehydrated seeweed enclosing nut-encrusted beetroot slice with puréed celeriac, shaved raw aubergine and secret spiced Swede mash!

Nom nom nom

I don’t think there is anything wrong with vegan food - possibly because I never eat it so genuinely have no idea, but it freaks me a bit when it sells itself as a recognisable dish while you can tell it is nothing like.

Vegan Aussie burger:

Thin layers of dehydrated seeweed enclosing nut-encrusted beetroot slice with puréed celeriac, shaved raw aubergine and secret spiced Swede mash!

Nom nom nom
Lol you just gave me a great memory of Spud frawley reading out the menu at a fine dining restaurant

"Pine nut arugula with fresh cut Gel-apenos
Nom nom nom"

Too funny

2.30 into the video lol 😂 Proper Gander

This is hilarious. I’m probably a massive bogan but I’m relieved that the restaurant trend has swung back to A La carte type food. It’s weird sitting for two hours eating a teaspoon of pear, truffle shavings and kangaroo jus at a time, followed by 11 other similar courses which take the waiter longer to describe than it takes me to eat it. Also sharing a porterhouse steak is insane.

I’m with spud on this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back