Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Sharing a steak is a disgrace and i agree, listening to spud butcher the menu is piss funny although I was in my mid 20s when I learned pickles weren't there own thing and were cucumbers
This is hilarious. I’m probably a massive bogan but I’m relieved that the restaurant trend has swung back to A La carte type food. It’s weird sitting for two hours eating a teaspoon of pear, truffle shavings and kangaroo jus at a time, followed by 11 other similar courses which take the waiter longer to describe than it takes me to eat it. Also sharing a porterhouse steak is insane.

I’m with spud on this one.

What would elevate the French horn to the podium, Proper?
Easy.

Repertoire.

There are a very limited number of horn concertos, and even fewer by good composers. Sonatas likewise.

I put French horn in at 3 because of the role it plays in orchestral works with its almost breathtakingly beautiful sound. Listen to the opening of Tchaik 5 second movement and tell me I’m wrong. Or the horn solo at the end of Stravinsky Firebird. That one in particular.

The other limitation of French horn compared to other instruments is its lack of versatility. Gorgeous full, rich, round sound but can’t be changed up much for texture like you would have with stringed instruments or even percussion instruments like piano.

Top five types of steak to share with a friend.

Go. :arrowdown:
How much do I like this friend?

I’d be prepared to share camel, cauliflower, swordfish, tofu and vegan nut-patty only shaped like a steak

Last edited:
How much do I like this friend?

I’d be prepared so share camel, cauliflower, swordfish, tofu and vegan nut-patty only shaped like a steak
Wooden steak if Vampires are around and maybe split a multi bet with some friends because gambling ads are the best

Cowbell
Triangle
Glockenspiel
Tambourine
Recorder
I genuinely like a cowbell.

Is the recorder wooden, like in Brandenburg 4 or more your plastic variety?

Last edited:
Back to the French horn thing, I don’t think there is a lovelier thing in the world than this opening to the finale of Stravinsky’s firebird. I don’t recall not crying when I ever heard it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

homer simpson saxophone GIF
Top five instruments to listen to.

Go. :arrowdown:
Season 3 Nerd GIF by The Simpsons

Last edited:
Oh?

1. Theremin
2. Jew's Harp
3. Rhythm stick
4. Vuvuzela
5. Slide whistle
1 Cimbalom
2. Ocarina
3. Chapman stick
4. Yaybahar
5. Copper serpent

Solid argument that 1 and 2 could be swapped around depending on the persons individual preference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back