• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know North are spooked about what happened with JHF but Wardlaw and Phillipou would be excellent to complement Simpkin and LDU.
Not sure I'm wasting a top 3 pick on a half Forward in Sheezel as talented as he is.

Also my work Christmas party is on Tuesday night so I'll miss all the melts... Pretty gutted about that but at least I get to watch us do nothing on Monday night and then us later explain we tried all these options but there were no takers
Tomorrow could get interesting for us and Tuesday is probably just us matching a MM bid and maybe take a late pick. If anyone melts because of that it'll be just out of habit :grin:

Did gold coast refuse our future first? It's interesting to see whether trading pick 5, essentially Pou for Rankine will be worth it over their careers. Really think we didn't need to offer pick 5 for Rankine.

I know North are spooked about what happened with JHF but Wardlaw and Phillipou would be excellent to complement Simpkin and LDU.
Not sure I'm wasting a top 3 pick on a half Forward in Sheezel as talented as he is.
it should be wardlaw and tsatas

Latest Fox News inside Intel on the Crows Draft Strategy ......now how do I summarize their intel ?

Everyone just rehashing each others news ....knowing supporters will click on every article, just in case

shultz-knows-nothing.gif

ADELAIDE CROWS

Picks
: 46, 56, 59

Latest intel: The Crows don’t have much after trading out Pick 5 for Izak Rankine, but there are suggestions they’re prepared to put their future second-round selection (tied to North Melbourne’s 2023 finishing position) on the table to try and trade in a top-20 pick this year. They’re also prepared and well placed to recruit gun key defender Max Michalanney under the father-son rule. He’s likely to receive a bid within the first round-and-a-half and the Crows will then match it in order to bring the backman into the club.

Best-case scenarios: A bid on Michalanney doesn’t come in the top 20 — ideally in the middle stages of the second round — giving the Crows the best chance of using their future second to trade back into the earlier stages of the draft and pick up a gun South Australian prospect such as defender Jakob Ryan or Harry Barnett before matching a Michalanney bid. Then they take SA ball magnet Billy Dowling with one of their later picks to cap off a successful off-season.

Latest Fox News inside Intel on the Crows Draft Strategy ......now how do I summarize their intel ?

Everyone just rehashing each others news ....knowing supporters will click on every article, just in case

View attachment 1562408

ADELAIDE CROWS

Picks
: 46, 56, 59

Latest intel: The Crows don’t have much after trading out Pick 5 for Izak Rankine, but there are suggestions they’re prepared to put their future second-round selection (tied to North Melbourne’s 2023 finishing position) on the table to try and trade in a top-20 pick this year. They’re also prepared and well placed to recruit gun key defender Max Michalanney under the father-son rule. He’s likely to receive a bid within the first round-and-a-half and the Crows will then match it in order to bring the backman into the club.

Best-case scenarios: A bid on Michalanney doesn’t come in the top 20 — ideally in the middle stages of the second round — giving the Crows the best chance of using their future second to trade back into the earlier stages of the draft and pick up a gun South Australian prospect such as defender Jakob Ryan or Harry Barnett before matching a Michalanney bid. Then they take SA ball magnet Billy Dowling with one of their later picks to cap off a successful off-season.
Since when is MM a key defender? They obviously haven't watched him lol.

He might end up a Stratton type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% no. No obligation whatsoever to match if you don’t want to

Yep

"He’s obviously a quality young player, we’ve nominated him as part of the process and as always we will stay true to our talent order and see how the draft unfolds,” Ogilvie said.

Cumming probably more generally dangerous on the rebound. I don’t see MM eventually as a top 10 metres gained player
Lets see what Michalanney matures into .....Crows will add some attacking flair and meterage gain to his game ....Cumming has 5 years head start on Max

I think the opposite

They’ve drafted midfielders for years and have plenty of mids

They need a special forward half player

Are our idiots going to trade in to pick up Matthias Phillipou or are we too dumb and wait another year to draft an elite midfielder?

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app
"Quality" sub 180cm, 70kg inside mid coming our way no doubt at Pick 56 or whatever we have...mark it down. No way would we take a "risk" and trade up for a tall, local mid we desperately need...

Back