List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a “jet” but I don’t view Phillipou as slow. Would start out as a wing/HHF in all likelihood. Late December birthday (27, from memory) Adding another leftie to the mix would be a plus too. Looks like a long term inside mid, but add an inch or two could become a mobile key forward type as well.

I am really eyeing off a hybrid type mid, who can start his career in a more outside role before transitioning inside down the track. I have personally discounted the primarily inside types in my assessments. Harry’s seven years removes the attraction of a Jefferson at the pointy end. Find a young depth forward later in the draft please son-of-Curly. (Foster)

Whats the go with the boy Lemmy? I saw him on a phantom in the top 30 the other day but Arrow mentioned on talent he is a lot better but has slipped for other reasons.

do you have any thoughts on him? 199cm from WA

Not a “jet” but I don’t view Phillipou as slow. Would start out as a wing/HHF in all likelihood. Late December birthday (27, from memory) Adding another leftie to the mix would be a plus too. Looks like a long term inside mid, but add an inch or two could become a mobile key forward type as well.

I am really eyeing off a hybrid type mid, who can start his career in a more outside role before transitioning inside down the track. I have personally discounted the primarily inside types in my assessments. Harry’s seven years removes the attraction of a Jefferson at the pointy end. Find a young depth forward later in the draft please son-of-Curly. (Foster)
Yes I wouldn't say he's 'slow' more just that he's not particular quick off the mark at the moment. Similar to many of our mids.

Whats the go with the boy Lemmy? I saw him on a phantom in the top 30 the other day but Arrow mentioned on talent he is a lot better but has slipped for other reasons.

From SA. He and Tom Scully were the big hype early in the season. Lemmey started the interstate underage games very slowly. Foster and Keeler were much better performed. Think Lemmey was left out before coming back and playing a game in defence. It is hard to know from a distance why kids fade out, injury, personal issues, false hype, playing “dead” to stay at home even? So many possibilities, Lemmey has indeed shown enough to be a viable option as a “depth” or project type of option. All about the psychological profile with that.

I just like Foster (and Keeler) who have the added advantage of being combative enough to be valuable second ruck options. Somewhat surprisingly Foster was first choice ruck in the absence of All Australian Barnett in the early rounds despite being listed at 196cm and made an excellent fist of it. Keeler has been spoken of as a Paddy Ryder type and I am inclined to agree, just has a couple of go slows on the motivation stakes by some. Foster just seems the honest, combative type with a lateish birthday who could well grow as a player and physically. I see a Harry structural foil at the lower level to aid the development of our youngsters who can develop in to a viable option at the top level behind staples like Harry, Charlie and TDK. I do not want a “journeyman” fill in, develop our own.

From SA. He and Tom Scully were the big hype early in the season. Lemmey started the interstate underage games very slowly. Foster and Keeler were much better performed. Think Lemmey was left out before coming back and playing a game in defence. It is hard to know from a distance why kids fade out, injury, personal issues, false hype, playing “dead” to stay at home even? So many possibilities, Lemmey has indeed shown enough to be a viable option as a “depth” or project type of option. All about the psychological profile with that.

I just like Foster (and Keeler) who have the added advantage of being combative enough to be valuable second ruck options. Somewhat surprisingly Foster was first choice ruck in the absence of All Australian Barnett in the early rounds despite being listed at 196cm and made an excellent fist of it. Keeler has been spoken of as a Paddy Ryder type and I am inclined to agree, just has a couple of go slows on the motivation stakes by some. Foster just seems the honest, combative type with a lateish birthday who could well grow as a player and physically. I see a Harry structural foil at the lower level to aid the development of our youngsters who can develop in to a viable option at the top level behind staples like Harry, Charlie and TDK. I do not want a “journeyman” fill in, develop our own.

All I see in regards to developing our own key forward in the 2s is, as soon as they become good, they will leave. No player wants to be stuck in the 2s or waiting for an injury, only to be replaced when the injured player returns.

So if you’re talking of a guy like Keeler who supposedly can play forward, who could play as a ruckman or a player that could play like a Gunston, I just don’t see value in developing key forwards.

Theres always low cost break glass options that pop up, that could be used in the event of an injury.

Ive convinced myself that Phillipou is our man and will be like a Gunston, Stringer type and I’d like to target a ruck/forward provided they are a genuine forward option, a key back who could play forward would also be fine, an Aaron Naughton please.

All I see in regards to developing our own key forward in the 2s is, as soon as they become good, they will leave. No player wants to be stuck in the 2s or waiting for an injury, only to be replaced when the injured player returns.

So if you’re talking of a guy like Keeler who supposedly can play forward, who could play as a ruckman or a player that could play like a Gunston, I just don’t see value in developing key forwards.

Theres always low cost break glass options that pop up, that could be used in the event of an injury.

Ive convinced myself that Phillipou is our man and will be like a Gunston, Stringer type and I’d like to target a ruck/forward provided they are a genuine forward option, a key back who could play forward would also be fine, an Aaron Naughton please.
Can't see Phillipou lasting to 11. FWIW Chris Doerre has him at 2 in his latest rankings. If North don't take him Saints probably do.

Can't see Phillipou lasting to 11. FWIW Chris Doerre has him at 2 in his latest rankings. If North don't take him Saints probably do.
Saints will be after Mackenzie and North would be crazy not to take Wardlaw or Cadman. Philippou would be a chance to reach us given no SA team with picks early now but we'll wait and see.

Saints will be after Mackenzie and North would be crazy not to take Wardlaw or Cadman. Philippou would be a chance to reach us given no SA team with picks early now but we'll wait and see.
I meant North's pick in return for JHF (assuming 8) but yes you're right about Mackenzie I think.

Perfect chance for us to make our move for pick 8 from North after the Horne Francis trade. 8 and 56 for 10 and 35-40 for Jones compo. Gets us up those couple of picks where we have a chance of securing Humphrey/Philippou and gives North a great draft hand of 1,10, 35-40.

Doubt they have any interest in the midfielders in that range given they'll likely take Wardlaw or Tsatas now and feel theyd be more inclined to push back a couple of picks to look at a Jefferson/Busslinger.
Agree after Horne trade , Jefferson or Busslinger are possibility for Roos at p 8 after snaring Wardlaw a gun mid earlier , giving us a better shot at snapping up Phillippou.

If we took Keeler it would be with an eye on him tandeming with TDK as Ruck/Forwards, when his ready...

Realistically if we were super keen on Phillipou, we needed Gold Coast pick 7 and luck...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just not getting the love for Phillipou. Meat and 3 veg for me, but I did go with Vanilla on Walsh. Happy to be outlandishly wrong once more.

There’ll be a slider, always is.

I’m still on the Hayes train, but reckon there will be a ‘just had to’ player there when Austin is up. Not sure who, but I reckon on a good one. We’re on a roll just now.

Just not getting the love for Phillipou. Meat and 3 veg for me, but I did go with Vanilla on Walsh. Happy to be outlandishly wrong once more.

There’ll be a slider, always is.

I’m still on the Hayes train, but reckon there will be a ‘just had to’ player there when Austin is up. Not sure who, but I reckon on a good one. We’re on a roll just now.
More upside than Walsh as he's damaging in the forward half but I'm not as big on him either. Just looks a bit slow, then again so did Cripps when we drafted him.

Not sure North are going to use the pick they get for homesick JHF to draft another SA kid.

Reckon they might implement a VIC-only recruitment policy for their high value picks.

If North want to draft locals for the long-term, they should recruit kids from Tasmania...

:p :p :p

Not that I pay too much attention to bottom-age predictions, but last year Lemmey was touted as possible #1 pick IIRC...

I just want good players over 190cm who can run.

I just want good players who can run, make good decisions and have nice skills.

Don't care how tall they are.

See, I'm not picky :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back