List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it's necessarily a great draft for the crafty small types. Charlie Clarke and Darcy Jones are the two I like the most, but I suspect they're both gone inside the top 30. Jacob Konstanty would be around that same range too. I like Blake Drury out of Oakleigh and suspect he goes in the 40-60 range. Otherwise Archie Lovelock is one I also like, probably a 50-rookie type. And Baynen Lowe from Norwood as a 19 year old rookie.

Lots of mid options throughout the second, third and fourth rounds. Kobe Ryan, Billy Dowling and Jake Walker from SA would be worth a look. And Taj Campbell-Farrell from Dandenong is another that I quite like.

KPD wise, James Van Es is an option. I personally prefer the two WA prospects - Jed Adams and Hugh Davies. Maybe look at Shaun Bennier as a rookie too.
I hope Chris25 won't mind if I quote his answer to my question about who to hope slides to our picks. I asked about KPD, Small forwards and mids as our three areas I'd like to fill up on.

I hope Chris25 won't mind if I quote his answer to my question about who to hope slides to our picks. I asked about KPD, Small forwards and mids as our three areas I'd like to fill up on.
Davis sounds pretty good 18 years old 196 85kg
This from the West Australian paper.
A pair of Claremont draft prospects stood tall at either end of the ground as last year’s colts grand finalists opened their 2022 account with a thrilling 15-point win over Subiaco at Revo Fitness Stadium.

Beanpole 200cm forward-ruck Luke Brown booted a game-high 3.2 and took seven marks to be the Tigers’ main focal point in attack, while key defender Hugh Davies continued his bright start to the season in the 11.10 (76) to 9.7 (61) result.

Davies finished with 20 possessions and six marks and showed great composure late with a couple of important defensive efforts when the Lions were coming.

Much happier taking 33 to the draft there's going to be alot more depth and development players this year and the talls even at the top end looking like taking some time. Van Es and Keeler are the two and if the opportunity arises to land both then we jump for joy.

On CPH2207 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lemmey has the physical attributes to be a power forward.

Hayes has done everything he can to get to us on that 2k run and really wants to end up here.

Darcy Jones / D’Aloia probably safe bets to play AFL level but where would they fit?

Harry Barnett could slide just thinking the time and expense it takes to develop a ruck and who can be bothered?

Henry Hustwaite it wouldn’t shock me to see him slide just on the thought people still aren’t sure where he belongs?

If Hayes can't run out a 2km time trial my feeling is he could fall far. His brother had a similar athletic flaws and he fell all the way to the 50's, and Sam was a more dominant player.

Lemmey has the physical attributes to be a power forward.

Hayes has done everything he can to get to us on that 2k run and really wants to end up here.

Darcy Jones / D’Aloia probably safe bets to play AFL level but where would they fit?

Harry Barnett could slide just thinking the time and expense it takes to develop a ruck and who can be bothered?

Henry Hustwaite it wouldn’t shock me to see him slide just on the thought people still aren’t sure where he belongs?
Lemmey would be a good choice to get an early start on a Dixon replacement.

Our picks are 33 and 60. Bris & Ess have 8 picks total before our pick 60. The absolute best case with FS/Academy bidding we can expect is for 33 to become 35, and 60 to become 55:
  • Davey Jr bid comes early enough to chew up 22 & 54.
  • Ashcroft & Fletcher bids chew up all 6 of Bris's picks between 34 & 56.

There are probably other kids that will mess this all up, but that's the gist for the highly rated kids.

I'm all in on James Van Es.
All In Poker GIF by PokerStars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well at least it gives us some interest don’t want to wait till pick 50 something to hear we have taken Andrew Opal from Coober Pedy Cannons.

I remember when Jack Hombsch was interviewed by cRowie and he asked Jack if he found many opals at Roxby Downs.

98cm running vertical jump by Van Es is 7th best on record. See all top 10's before this combine HERE. Will Verrall jumped 90cm which is a good sign for a potential rookie ruckman spot.

Van Es doesn't make Rookie Central's top 40. Here is their profile of him

Running vertical jump
1. James Van Es (GWV Rebels) – 98cm
=2. Josh Weddle (Oakleigh Chargers) – 90
=2. Will Verrall (South Adelaide) – 90
4. Jack O'Sullivan (Oakleigh Chargers) – 89

Vertical jump
1.Darcy Jones (Swan Districts) – 75cm
2. James Van Es (GWV Rebels) – 75

20m sprint
1. Edward Allan (Claremont) – 2.814 seconds
2. Toby McMullin (Sandringham Dragons) -2.880
3. Coby Burgiel (Gippsland Power) – 2.883
4. James Van Es (Greater Western Victoria Rebels) – 2.910
Sounds pretty impressive so why does he slide to possibly our pic?
You would think he be goneski by then.

October Power Rankings.

Lemmey scrapes in at 39.

Out of the local lads Ryan sounds like he’s done well.
BOG against Vic metro playing in defence.
I know not what we might be looking for but still sounds better than a lot of other names kicking around.

Our picks are 33 and 60. Bris & Ess have 8 picks total before our pick 60. The absolute best case with FS/Academy bidding we can expect is for 33 to become 35, and 60 to become 55:
  • Davey Jr bid comes early enough to chew up 22 & 54.
  • Ashcroft & Fletcher bids chew up all 6 of Bris's picks between 34 & 56.

There are probably other kids that will mess this all up, but that's the gist for the highly rated kids.
I suspect Brisbane will try and get more picks given they only have 2200ish points. They'll need around 3300 points to not take a deficit. If they do manage to get more picks then I suspect there maybe more than 6 picks for them to use up before our pick 60

Essendon will use 2 before 60 and Crows will need 2-3 picks for Max. So our pick 60 may become 50 and there's a good chance reading some draft expert boards that Van Es is available at 50. I'd be more confident of that if he didn't have as good a combine as he did.

Recruiters will have a better idea but if he's a chance at 50 then I'd take Barnett if he slides to us. I'm not totally convinced about our current ruck prospects. Lycett is nearing his end and Hayes is a good ruckman but doesn't have that presence around the ground as has been well documented. Barnett could be our answer in that position.

Sounds pretty impressive so why does he slide to possibly our pic?
You would think he be goneski by then.
He's got a lot of strengths that align with what we're missing in defence but perhaps what he hasn't done is use his speed and athleticism to impact contests. That's perhaps the upside he has when he's under a proper development system but I'm keen on him because his strengths match what we're missing and hence why I'd take the risk of picking him at 33 if he won't be available in the 50s for us. But if we're confident he'll be available in the 50s then I'd take someone else maybe Barnett or Charlie Clarke

Essendon will use 2 before 60 and Crows will need 2-3 picks for Max. So our pick 60 may become 50 and there's a good chance reading some draft expert boards that Van Es is available at 50.
Hypothetically, if this was the case, then I would love Darcy Jones at 33, Van Es at 50, and then maybe pick up Harry Boyd (potential KPD) or Ethan Phillips with a rookie pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back