Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Welcome to another exciting round of AFL Fantasy ......at this point of the season there's a mixture of thoughts going thru our heads about our team

Some teams are going thru the 6 stages of AFL Fantasy Grief .... Denial, Pain & Guilt, Anger at the Game, Blame Others, Loneliness, and Acceptance of your lot

hi-res-22b15d74a4a7e88bb7e6c2f5e33e89a1_crop_north.jpg

If this is you and your team .....may I take time to pass on sage words of advice ......I consider myself an expert in handling Fantasy Sports Failure

Denial
My Team is just going thru a slump ....I can trade aggressively and correct the train ....Top 100 here I come, League Finals are a given
I've done this before, my player trade selections are wondrous, unique, and game changing ......oooohhhh, haven't we all thought that

Pain & Guilt

Anger Betrayal.gif
Some Coach's skip step 1 of the process & go straight to anger .....optimism is not an emotion, rather we finger point at our wondrous and innovative PS selections .....players that promised a lot, were going to launch our teams on an early, spectacular launch to the top of the rankings .... but turn out to be failed sputniks

Matt Crouch, Dangerfield, Grundy, and Whitfield .....and of course the ever reliable Preuss

Anger
Anger sets in.... at the players you thought were good but actually totally suck ... and anger at yourself for ever thinking they were good in the first place
And what about these Fantasy Analyst Experts ?

Angry Get Stuffed.gif

Whilst we're in this great phase ....what about the anger at fellow Coach's who made ridiculous and laughable PS player selections ....only for them to take the competition by storm

Blame Others
My favourite stage .....of course we are great Fantasy Coach's ....it's the Club, the Coach's fault ....playing injured players, players playing roles not conducive to good scoring.

And what about my favourite .....player (X) is injured, "might not make this week, but next week, he'll be good" .....4 weeks later & still no sign of him

Players suddenly signing new Contracts, then disappearing .....it's their fault, and I'm sticking to this line !!!

Acceptance
I Probably have hit this stage, in this round .....not sure how I feel about that
Abandoning sides, or the game is never the answer ......radical trades is .....If I'm going down, and it's inevitable ...no League Finals, poor ranking .....then I'm going to have some real fun in these last weeks

Angry Bomb.gif

This Round
There are Coach's that are in a far different position to me .....optimistic, highly ranked ....leading or top 8 in their Leagues
Good luck & may the Fantasy Gods smile upon you

Will Piggy Oliver play ....tough one, MELB play Sunday ....so expect a late out, just what we love
Parish is out (great ) :devil: .....ROB to play less Ruck minutes, likewise Keays .....as Soligo looks for developmental time in the midfield

We're on the verge of experimentation by the lowly clubs ......role experimentation, Rookie experimentation .....and god forbid player warehousing for season ending operations (Bont)

As I type these late season challenges facing the leading teams ....a sense of optimism starts to emanate across my being ....can I be smarter than the ave bear, and make a late rankings surge .. to avoid complete and utter embarrassment ?

Or am I being foolish again ? .....maybe this game has caused me a type of craziness ?

tumblr_owpykhcv8H1wtpr4co1_640.jpg
AltruisticLeadingHornshark-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

So Sweet in for Naughton...

Where is English playing? :think::huh:

Sweet should have been in anyway, as English v Marshall and Ryder has never worked in our favour previously.

We will have Bruce and JUH as key targets, with possibly a resting ruck - but more likely Bont and Dunks rotating through F50….

Sweet should have been in anyway, as English v Marshall and Ryder has never worked in our favour previously.

We will have Bruce and JUH as key targets, with possibly a resting ruck - but more likely Bont and Dunks rotating through F50….
Will English be main ruck with support from Sweet or will he be a KPF chopping out Sweet? Can't do anything about it but that would be pretty s**t.

New recruit Steele VC tonight. His form is building nicely. He only had an 80 last year vs the Dogs but Dogs mids aren't in good form so I think he has a chance for a good score

The one week I don't VC Macrae (or Dunkley) he probably goes big. But can't trust him especially with Smith back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will English be main ruck with support from Sweet or will he be a KPF chopping out Sweet? Can't do anything about it but that would be pretty s**t.

English main ruck would be my view

Good group of players for me tonight

Sinclair VC, Macrae, Marshall, Dunkley, Bont, Libba and Khamis on the bench who I can loop if he has a blinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back