List Mgmt. AFLW List Management, Trades, Draft, Expansion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne are getting busy at the trade table, having traded out four players today (Krstel Petrevski and Isabella Simmons to West Coast, Jackie Parry and Shelley Scott to Geelong) while bringing two back in (Jordan Ivey from Geelong and Charlotte Wilson from Carlton), along with a bunch of draft picks.

All quiet on the Crows front. Presumably we'll need to trade for Niamh Kelly sometime soon?

Meanwhile Port have picked up a Ballard of their own but no relation to ours as far as I can tell. She is related to Charlie Ballard from Gold Coast though. They also took some ruck from the VFLW. They've had quite a few interstate signings so far! It will be interesting to see how many of them stick around.
I’m happy Alex Ballard got picked up, every time I’ve seen her play I’ve thought she had what it took to be an AFLW player, good mark and very composed with the football much like her brother.

Last edited:
I don't know enough about the strength of our list, but I was sure Port would go for anyone we've got who has been developing, pushing for selection, anyone who had been in and out of the side, basically remove our top 2 or 3 players, we knew Erin, heard Anne Hatchard and were worried about a couple of others and then strip us of our depth.

Either they have a different strategy, maybe a better one or they couldn't do it.

Eitherway sounds like they'll need those first 5 picks and the rest.
I would imagine they’d try to lure the majority of our premiership players. My gut feel is that the majority of our girls are preferring to stay committed to with the drive for more premierships. I think playing for premiership cups is more invaluable than the dollars, particularly when most of the girls all have other part-time jobs.

Another day gone and still no sign of trades in or out of the Crows. Only two days left so presumably there will be some news soon!
Yeah so just Gore to leave before the end of the period, tell you what you could have blown me over with a feather if you told me at the end of the season that Hannah Munyard wasn’t going to be one of the first to move to Port but she’ll be back again with the Crows.

Friendship+successful club proving to be a pretty unbreakable bond against the initial Port intake especially for someone with such strong Port links in her family.

If we can escape from the trade period with only one loss it'll be a minor miracle.

I guess maybe some players are waiting to see if they make the cut on the final list. Not sure how many selections we'll take this year but presumably as few as possible given that Port will have first dibs at all the SA talent, so most players still there are likely to get another contract offer. And the Crows do have a pretty good record of playing nearly every player on their active list each season.

Port just traded their picks 34 and 81 to Gold Coast for four(!) of their players. Kate Surman, Jacqui Yorston, Britt Perry and Cheyenne Hammond. The latter two are SA girls and had already been delisted after requesting to go back home. They would have gone as expansion signings but GC had already lost their quota.

From our perspective, it does mean Port has one less pick before we get to enter the draft. IE we now get the 5th pick in the SA pool rather than the 6th, and so on.

Last edited:
Port just traded their picks 34 and 81 to Gold Coast for four(!) of their players. Kate Surman, Jacqui Yorston, Britt Perry and Cheyenne Hammond. The latter two are SA girls and had already been delisted after requesting to go back home. They would have gone as expansion signings but GC had already lost their quota.

From our perspective, it does mean Port has one less pick before we get to enter the draft. IE we now get the 5th pick in the SA pool rather than the 6th, and so on.
Gold Coast losing more players to Port than the Crows.

Hoping Duursma follows through and puts herself in the SA Pool so she can play with her brother. That could be a Crows bonus.

So there is still no news on any trade in or out of the Crows. Tomorrow is the deadline, right? I'm not sure if it's a 5PM deadline or earlier. Presumably we have to at least trade Gore out and Kelly in, though perhaps we will just be trading whatever pick we get for Gore directly to WC for Kelly so it will be a bit of a wash.

There were talks of other potential trades but they seem to have gone cold.

Edit: Just saw on another thread, the deadline is 2:30PM tomorrow Adelaide time.

Port have assembled the best list of all the expansion teams in my opinion.
Did Port have to give Gold Coast picks for all those signings they made today?

I'm surprised no one has wanted to join us but then again we've only lost about 4 players so how many list spots do we realistically have?

I'm surprised no one has wanted to join us but then again we've only lost about 4 players so how many list spots do we realistically have?
Essendon have done very well

Port and Essendon have definitely got the two best lists from the expansion sides. Sydney seem to have focused mostly on their academy players and local talent, but considering how poor GWS have been so far I don't hold high hopes there. Hawthorn seem to be going for a ground-up approach which hasn't exactly worked for previous expansion clubs.

Port gave picks 34 and 81 for the four players they got. Two of them were already delisted so could have walked as delisted free agents, so not much trade value for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there is still no news on any trade in or out of the Crows. Tomorrow is the deadline, right? I'm not sure if it's a 5PM deadline or earlier. Presumably we have to at least trade Gore out and Kelly in, though perhaps we will just be trading whatever pick we get for Gore directly to WC for Kelly so it will be a bit of a wash.

There were talks of other potential trades but they seem to have gone cold.

Edit: Just saw on another thread, the deadline is 2:30PM tomorrow Adelaide time.
Thinking Pick 40 is moved from Freo to WCE to facilitate the trades of Gore and Niamh Kelly. We will also have to delist 1 player to make the cut of 27 with a requirement to Draft 3 players.

Kaitlyn Ashmore moves to Hawthorn as has been long mooted, that's a body blow for North Melbourne. Carlton's leading goalscorer in Courtney Jones has also gone to Gold Coast.

Unfortunately our biggest competition in Melbourne and Brisbane are still mostly intact. We'll need to step up another gear this season if we want to get over them again.

Last edited:
Hi all, sorry for the intrusion.

Really annoyed we've lost Niamh. She's great to watch and takes the game on. You'll have fun with her on your side.

Not too fussed about Ward, though she's solid enough.

What can you tell me about Sedunary? Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back