List Mgmt. AFLW List Management, Trades, Draft, Expansion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Game 1 Scoreboard​

SA 2.2 7.3 11.6 15.10 (100)
WA 1.2 2.3 2.3 2.4 (16)
BEST – SA: Shineah Goody, Hannah Ewings, Lana Schwerdt, Ella Little, Georgia McKee, Sachi Syme
GOALS – SA: Georgia McKee, Hannah Ewings 3, Sachi Syme 2, Lana Schwerdt, Tahlia Walker, Dakota Williams, Piper Window, Lucy Boyd, Shineah Goody, Ella Little
At Thebarton Oval

Does anyone know when the Crows Girls best and fairest is?

If we lose anyone to Port Adelaide, I would be thinking any announcement would be after that night.

I would suggest the girls are waiting for that before telling the club their intentions to leave.

Game 1 Scoreboard​

SA 2.2 7.3 11.6 15.10 (100)
WA 1.2 2.3 2.3 2.4 (16)
BEST – SA: Shineah Goody, Hannah Ewings, Lana Schwerdt, Ella Little, Georgia McKee, Sachi Syme
GOALS – SA: Georgia McKee, Hannah Ewings 3, Sachi Syme 2, Lana Schwerdt, Tahlia Walker, Dakota Williams, Piper Window, Lucy Boyd, Shineah Goody, Ella Little
At Thebarton Oval
Already given up hope of getting Ewings but who I had as my sleeper pick from last year Sachi Syme is getting too prominent to not escape Port’s attention, best skills with ball in hand at junior level for SA since Eloise Jones.

Does anyone know when the Crows Girls best and fairest is?

If we lose anyone to Port Adelaide, I would be thinking any announcement would be after that night.

I would suggest the girls are waiting for that before telling the club their intentions to leave.

I think Thursday and I think you're right.

Caitlyn Gould is being chased by Sydney and Port apparently
Saints eyeing move for star Blue, expansion clubs chasing flag hero

Would be annoying to lose Gould given the development put into her, still think she has ability to play as a key forward and was underused up forward this season. Ruck will be interesting hopefully McKinnon stays, Metcalfe an interesting one as was around the group off-field for a fair chunk of the season, hard to think the club won’t show loyalty and give her another go, also have Matilda Sholtz from Glenelg playing really good SANFLW footy as a 16 year old waiting in the wings for 2023 (depending of draft restrictions).

Crows after Irish convert Niamh Kelly from the Eagles; quick and courageous, sloppy skills though… all the Irish players they seem to want to put on the list all have glaring deficiencies.

We will be very vunerable. The expansion clubs will be offering crazy money to get some player and we wont be able to match.

As much as losing Gould would hurt, it's a position we can cover, and we seem to be able to find rucks every other year. If we are going to lose eight players, we may as well start losing non-essential players early.

As for Niamh Kelly, at least she gets plenty of touches and tackles. Could be worse options, particularly if we're going to lose a bunch of experienced players.

We will be very vunerable. The expansion clubs will be offering crazy money to get some player and we wont be able to match.
Depends who the players are. Sure there are some players someone like EJ who we can’t really pay but would be worth paying. But if your just chucking money at players that don’t really command it it will be a disaster of a list build.

They obviously can’t pay everyone big money either and I think there will be a few that will stay anyway dispite maybe earning a bit more money.

Guess Phillips is a given to lose either to Port or USA but would be huge lost to lose Hatchard with her marking and ball getting skills to break free to create rather than bang it on her boot like Marinoff.
Jones is also a must to keep along with Gould or McKinnon in ruck along with Allan and Randall in defence and Woodland and Ponter as forwards.
I would be throwing the world at Hatchard and what could at Jones ,Randall,Woodland and Allan and see who else could retain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erin’s selling her holiday house at Port Lincoln. Make of that what you will.

Haha yep, I saw her place listed on Domain a while ago which made me think the USA is on the cards.

But who knows, maybe Port have offered her so much money that she's buying an even better one.

Weird that all the other expansion are starting to announce signings and Port haven't.

You'd think they'd want a good news story at the moment down there.

Press conference tomorrow apparently.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just went on their AFLW board to see if any news from their end.

No new posts since Friday, right at the start of their recruitment period.

Remind me why they’re bothering with a team again?

Once they lose the first few games they’ll be lucky to get more than 2,000 to each game.

What chance a father daughter selected in Lana Schwerdt. Just for name of player Tahlia Walker hope is a good forward at Sturt.

The SA cohort for drafting seems thin as Under 18 Team has Born 2004 - Schwerdt, Walker, Syme, Williams, Boag, Ellis, Goodwin, Kustermann, Scrutchings, Waters, Borg, Ewings, McCarthy and 2003 Overagers in Little and Meuller.

What chance a father daughter selected in Lana Schwerdt. Just for name of player Tahlia Walker hope is a good forward at Sturt.

Not sure if she's eligible this year or next year, but yes, we can take her as a father daughter selection if we want. The f/d rules only require the father to have played one game for the club.

Mind you, assuming she nominates SA as her draft zone, it will only get us ahead of Port so not a huge benefit unless she's the best player in the state.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back