List Mgmt. AFLW List Management, Trades, Draft, Expansion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anzac weekend guernsey
One of 4 clubs who should be banned from hosting any ANZAC round game, as well as never being allowed into a standalone game (Along with Collingwood, Carlton and Richmond) on the round.

It's bs that any of those clubs are allowed to 'honour the anzacs' when those clubs continued playing through the war and 3 of which I know for a fact stole from fundraising campaigns for the war effort.

What chance a father daughter selected in Lana Schwerdt. Just for name of player Tahlia Walker hope is a good forward at Sturt.

Not sure if she's eligible this year or next year, but yes, we can take her as a father daughter selection if we want. The f/d rules only require the father to have played one game for the club.

Mind you, assuming she nominates SA as her draft zone, it will only get us ahead of Port so not a huge benefit unless she's the best player in the state.
Schwerdt was eligible to be drafted last year so is not attached to the Crows, has improved a lot as a player as her disposal much like her father before her was not flash but has worked hard on her game over the last 12 months and it has become more serviceable.

The SA cohort for drafting seems thin as Under 18 Team has Born 2004 - Schwerdt, Walker, Syme, Williams, Boag, Ellis, Goodwin, Kustermann, Scrutchings, Waters, Borg, Ewings, McCarthy and 2003 Overagers in Little and Meuller.
Other than Ewings and Syme the best talent definitely is the low bottom-agers, so the 2024 class of Goody, McKee, Brooksby and in 2025 with Rasheed - who already looks like one of the most amazing talents the state’s produced, the 2023 class by comparison looks rather bare in that team.

Port with their free hit you’d imagine will take Ewings, Syme, Kustermann and Goodwin as certainties.

If you watch the video, you will know why I put it under this thread:

Quality speech and great to see Chelsea at the end. Poor girl has spent so much time injured this season, just managed to get right to have a ripping finals series and then straight out with Covid! What a champion.

For those who don't have time to watch the whole thing, skip to around 6:50 and watch a few minutes. Clarke gives a cute analogy followed by some pretty powerful words.

Quality speech and great to see Chelsea at the end. Poor girl has spent so much time injured this season, just managed to get right to have a ripping finals series and then straight out with Covid! What a champion.

For those who don't have time to watch the whole thing, skip to around 6:50 and watch a few minutes. Clarke gives a cute analogy followed by some pretty powerful words.
Go Frogs!

The whole team were basically in isolation for the whole season (only work and family) to ensure limited interference of covid. It was a big sacrifice and it paid off :)

Chelsea's speech poem was :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Great captain.

Last edited:
Listening to The Age Football Podcast has at the end a throw away line from Caroline Wilson, that Anne Hatchard knocked back $250K to go to Sydney but would go to Port for $200K

I am taking the numbers with a grain of salt but

Reshaping the Midfield in Season 7

Erin Phillips leaves for USA or to play with Port Adelaide Football Club Limited formerly known as Seasiders, Magentas, Portonians.
With Caroline Wilson's rumour on Hatchard.

Replace Phillips at 173cm with Ash Woodland at 176cm. When she returned from Melbourne to North Adelaide Krissie Steen had her training and playing in the midfield and Hatchard was down at the end of season.

Replace Hatchard at 175cm with Zoe Prowse at 177cm. At the SANFW she has played Ruck and other positions including midfield. That would be a challenge.

Hoping this is not required.

Last edited:
Anne Hatchard going NOWHERE. Commits to the Crows

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stay and continue to win, continue to make history and a name for yourself while continuing your existing part time job

Or leave and lose most weeks for years, and still need part time employment

Like with other expansion sides this becomes a real issue. The athletes aren't full time. As a part time job, wouldn't you want to at least enjoy it?

Listening to The Age Football Podcast has at the end a throw away line from Caroline Wilson, that Anne Hatchard knocked back $250K to go to Sydney but would go to Port for $200K

I am taking the numbers with a grain of salt but

Reshaping the Midfield in Season 7

Erin Phillips leaves for USA or to play with Port Adelaide Football Club Limited formerly known as Seasiders, Magentas, Portonians.
With Caroline Wilson's rumour on Hatchard.

Replace Phillips at 173cm with Ash Woodland at 176cm. When she returned from Melbourne to North Adelaide Krissie Steen had her training and playing in the midfield and Hatchard was down at the end of season.

Replace Hatchard at 175cm with Zoe Prowse at 177cm. At the SANFW she has played Ruck and other positions including midfield. That would be a challenge.

Hoping this is not required.

What an absolute nothing statement. Like, yeah sure, Hatchard "would go" to Port for $200K. She'd probably go for a million dollars as well. There is no indication Port would pay that much for anyone. Caro just talking out her ass there.

Anne Hatchard going NOWHERE. Commits to the Crows

Hell yes :thumbsu: Our most important signing as far as I'm concerned. I was a bit worried about her before but after hearing her B&F speech yesterday I was confident she was going to stay.

Just need Allan, Woodland and at least one of Gould and McKinnon to commit to the club now and we have successfully retained our spine.

This is great news. To the Port AFLW board!

I didn't think it was 100% done to Port because she did hint at "keeping everyone together" post grand final, but obviously once the dollars start getting thrown around anything can happen.

I'm now far more confident we'll have the best players on the best money, Ports top tier to be below ours, essentially from our second tier.

If you're second second tier here and the choice is for that same money elsewhere and you're getting a game, might as well stay.

And we'd have close to the best system to develop the replacements we'll need.

Maybe it's over confidence but I don't see how some player raid is going to see us plummit to the bottom of the ladder, pulled back a little, others catch up, but also possibly fall back because of expansion.

Obviously depends on the payment tiers and how much freedom there is to spend the cap, but maybe our $$$ are locked up in the midfield meaning Port target some forwards and defenders? How would we go covering those areas?

Obviously depends on the payment tiers and how much freedom there is to spend the cap, but maybe our $$$ are locked up in the midfield meaning Port target some forwards and defenders? How would we go covering those areas?
The same way we would cover the other areas. A strong team culture, and offering what appears, on paper at least, to be a far greater chance of winning a premiership.

It's worth noting that contracts in AFLW are one or two years at most. Players are not locked into a club for years and years. Someone like Woodland who might be able to earn more money at Port could opt to stay at the Crows for another year, aim for a second flag, and then have the option of switching to Port later for more money then.

Given that we appear to be keeping our best players, it is simply a reality that any other given player on the Crows list could likely earn more money going to Port. Our top tiers are filled up with our best players, so very good players end up in tier 3 or tier 4 positions with us where they could be tier 1 or tier 2 at Port (or other expansion clubs).

A strong established culture and the potential for team success are the main drawcards for staying here.

That's not to take away from the allure of being on the ground floor for a new club. There is something exciting about being at a new club, Port for example, from day one. Coming in and setting the standards from the very beginning. Particularly for a player who might be concerned about whether they will get a starting spot on the Crows list, that would be appealing. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see someone like Maddi Newman decide, hey, why not go to Port and probably get a tier 2 contract and a leadership position, rather than staying at the Crows on what is likely a tier 4 contract just to get left out of the grand final team.

What an absolute nothing statement. Like, yeah sure, Hatchard "would go" to Port for $200K. She'd probably go for a million dollars as well. There is no indication Port would pay that much for anyone. Caro just talking out her ass there.

Hell yes :thumbsu: Our most important signing as far as I'm concerned. I was a bit worried about her before but after hearing her B&F speech yesterday I was confident she was going to stay.

Just need Allan, Woodland and at least one of Gould and McKinnon to commit to the club now and we have successfully retained our spine.

Sarah Allan is now our most important signing.

Sarah Allan is now our most important signing.

Agreed. Honestly, even before Hatchard signed, I was was going back and forth on whether Hatchard or Allan was our most important signing the last couple of weeks. Hatchard is probably the best player in the competition, so I guess it has to be her... but the Crows' gameplan is utterly reliant on our defensive lineup and Allan is the general back there.

Will be gutted if we lose Gould. Really like what she offers.
Hannah Munyard is a rusted on Port girl - she might be tempted. But then again, Noffy was too, wasn't she?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back