Preview 2022 draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

True dat. Although it was the last mob to blame. New dudes trying to right the wrongs of the past.
Old or new, they are officers of the CFC and are required to fulfil undertakings and contracts entered into by the CFC.

At work you can’t refuse to pay a bill because it was approved by the previous supervisor. What a f’n shambles.

Not likely to attract the next Lynch or Ablett. Leadership, like being honest and faithfull, is an ‘all the time’ behaviour - not just when it is convenient.

Last edited:
Old or new, they are officers of the CFC and are required to fulfil undertakings and contracts entered into by the CFC.

At work you can’t refuse to pay a bill because it was approved by the previous supervisor. What a f’n shambles.

Not likely to attract the next Lynch or Ablett. Leadership, like being honest and faithfull, is an ‘all the time behavior’, not just when it is convenient.
What does any of this have to do with tomorrow's draft?

Trading Grundy implies McCrae doesn’t rate Ruckman- I doubt therefore our first priority will be Barnett.
Maybe he doesn't seem him as a ruckman.

What’s the knock on Ryan? Is it solely his position because everyone wants a KPP?

Looks vanilla. Skinny and average pace. Doesn’t look like a first-round prospect by highlights… but if he gets picked we can all put our faith in the recruiters knowing more about him than the rest of us.

Not likely to attract the next Lynch or Ablett. Leadership, like being honest and faithfull, is an ‘all the time’ behaviour - not just when it is convenient.
Just the way it is in business bro.
Last blokes got the flick for all this incompetency. At least we are getting things positive.

Last crew with Ed were pretty good except for the last 5 or more years.
They lost the plot..

You miss the point entirely- some clubs like Geel have the programs to add bulk to most players. I doubt they would avoid Scully because of his frame, if they really wanted him.
All clubs have nutritionists and programs to help players bulk. It’s whether the player is willing to do the work required to build that muscle that determines how successful that is.

That is the common view, but I’m backing he doesn’t rate Ruckmen, otherwise he would have pushed to find a way to keep Grundy.

More that Wright doesn’t want a large proportion of our salary cap dedicated to ruckmen. Salary cap is an important resource, perhaps moreso than ever, and ruck makes up only a small percentage of our list. Replacement cost also factors in.

He played in a poor Tasmanian league in U18 but did dominate in the sanfl v men
Good contested mark and shot for goal but yeah doesn’t have the athleticism as others

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No he didn’t. He had 1 good game, otherwise he was competitive, but not outstanding at that level.

What’s the knock on Ryan? Is it solely his position because everyone wants a KPP?
189cm, HBF, bit rough round the edges, not a blue chip player… when we’re crying out for developing gun mids and KPP’s. At a guess….

Derek is a sucker for flashes of brilliance, and I dare say that goal he kicked from HFF, near the boundary, was enough to tip Hine over the line. Be nice to have a player with a bigger body of work behind him, and specific AFL fit, as he feels a bit too reminiscent of a slower Stepho, Adam Oxley type that Hine loves… but never fit a genuine AFL position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

189cm, HBF, bit rough round the edges, not a blue chip player… when we’re crying out for developing gun mids and KPP’s. At a guess….

Derek is a sucker for flashes of brilliance, and I dare say that goal he kicked from HFF, near the boundary, was enough to tip Hine over the line. Be nice to have a player with a bigger body of work behind him, and specific AFL fit, as he feels a bit too reminiscent of a slower Stepho, Adam Oxley type that Hine loves… but never fit a genuine AFL position.

We not Drafted Ryan Yet

I said if McCrae rated Ruckman and wanted to keep Grundy then he could have forgone the 2 players.
OK but that is not the same thing.
McRae rates two players of need above Grundy. It doesn't mean he does not rate ruckmen. 2 for 1 is his way of thinking. Plus Grundy has been average for a bit and his contract.

Thank Ed and friends

It’ll be Ryan if he is available. That’s all the word lately

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bet it’s not. Media phantoms are never accurate outside the top 10. The fact that several outlets are parroting each other just makes me more sure that we’ll get someone else tbh.

His strike rate is very good. Provided there are no trades, he more or less correctly predicts the draft. Cal is the gold standard. He gets real intel and knows the players, clubs and list managers very well. It's a rare day for him not to anticipate a selection. Francis Evans (selected by Geelong, now playing for Port) was one he did not forsee being taken at all but it's an extremely isolated example.
Lol, he literally gets the majority of selections outside the top 10 wrong most years.
Are you Cal’s mum or something?

Might of been mentioned already, bit of Bailey Smith about Jakob Ryan, not just the hair, his run and carry style is the type of player we lack. I like the looks of him.

Might of been mentioned already, bit of Bailey Smith about Jakob Ryan, not just the hair, his run and carry style is the type of player we lack. I like the looks of him.
Runs the lines?

No, not even a little bit, others have noticed he's vanilla, one paced, doesn't intercept and his kicking is average and that's nothing like Bailey Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back