Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
For those who had the coach's assistant this year, the 2022 fan picker is now open with all positions and prices made known.
In my opinion, this year seems to be much easier in putting your squad together as the magic number which started at 9350 last year is now only around 8530. As a result I've not been required to start so many rooks on field as I did last year.
For those who have the picker available and wish to discuss team makeup or early strategic thoughts, lets discuss it here.
Those who don't have it, and want some information, please ask.

Don't have access to the early team picker, probably for the best...
Same. I agree
It surprises me that two guys who are as fanatical with RDT as both of you are don't have the coach's assistant.
There is certainly information that it provides during the season which is quite useful.
As to the team picker, I can't wait for it to become available. Even though I realise that I will change the squad numerous times before round 1, I wouldn't be able to wait till February.

It surprises me that two guys who are as fanatical with RDT as both of you are don't have the coach's assistant.
There is certainly information that it provides during the season which is quite useful.
As to the team picker, I can't wait for it to become available. Even though I realise that I will change the squad numerous times before round 1, I wouldn't be able to wait till February.
Only thing I would find useful would be BEs and I can get that for free by just asking.
I think it’s way too early to be picking teams now and I need the break to prepare for another cursed year.

I try to not think about fantasy until at least the new year. I know that once i start thinking about it, it occupies way too much of my mental energy so the longer i wait, the better. Of course, i play other fantasy games so all year round i have something on the go but i dont invest nearly as much time and effort in those games as compared to AFL.

I try to not think about fantasy until at least the new year. I know that once i start thinking about it, it occupies way too much of my mental energy so the longer i wait, the better. Of course, i play other fantasy games so all year round i have something on the go but i dont invest nearly as much time and effort in those games as compared to AFL.
Understand where you're coming from. In my case, I'm now retired, hence I have lot's of free time and getting the team picker in early helps to fill the void as I don't play any other fantasy games.
You will find when you do start putting your team together in 6 weeks or so that there are so, so many premium options in the forward line. Most of which are value as well. Taranto, Dunkley. Treloar, Duncan, Anderson, Gresham and Coniglio.
My starting squad atm has Coniglio as F6 therefore having no starting forward rooks.

Don’t usually pay for the assistant, however will most likely pay this year. Not so much for access to the Fan picker, but the information it provides during the year.

Anyways what’s everyone’s early strategies, I’m aiming to avoid the midpricers this year, I’ve had mixed success last year, started Ziebell but had Heeney and De-Goey, took too long to sort it out. Only ones that strikes my interest at this stage is Sicily and Cogs.

I’m partial to the underpriced premium, I started Walsh, Tarranto and Kelly last year, and I see that as reasonable success. However I only really view Neale in the same category as those players, will try to find this value in the Fwds and Defs with the DPP avail

Random thoughts:
Steele/Touk : Going to be difficult to start both, Will most likely pay up for Steele, pair him up with the slightly cheaper Macrae/Titch.

Hall: Potentially underpriced due to his start last year, worried about added attention and think North will improve. Will likely save some cash and go Lloyd and Crisp. Whitfield appears cheap, but always seems to miss games.

Rucks: Something has to give somewhere, will happily take Gawn and save some cash with Witts if required.

Forwards : Some decent options here, I really like Dunkley, Treloar if they get a decent run, Cogs appears good value. Taranto an easy set and forget forward option.

Like any year, depends on the Rookies and where there named, but decent value options in the Fwds and Defs, might make it a bit easier.

Don’t usually pay for the assistant, however will most likely pay this year. Not so much for access to the Fan picker, but the information it provides during the year.

Anyways what’s everyone’s early strategies, I’m aiming to avoid the midpricers this year, I’ve had mixed success last year, started Ziebell but had Heeney and De-Goey, took too long to sort it out. Only ones that strikes my interest at this stage is Sicily and Cogs.

I’m partial to the underpriced premium, I started Walsh, Tarranto and Kelly last year, and I see that as reasonable success. However I only really view Neale in the same category as those players, will try to find this value in the Fwds and Defs with the DPP avail

Random thoughts:
Steele/Touk : Going to be difficult to start both, Will most likely pay up for Steele, pair him up with the slightly cheaper Macrae/Titch.

Hall: Potentially underpriced due to his start last year, worried about added attention and think North will improve. Will likely save some cash and go Lloyd and Crisp. Whitfield appears cheap, but always seems to miss games.

Rucks: Something has to give somewhere, will happily take Gawn and save some cash with Witts if required.

Forwards : Some decent options here, I really like Dunkley, Treloar if they get a decent run, Cogs appears good value. Taranto an easy set and forget forward option.

Like any year, depends on the Rookies and where there named, but decent value options in the Fwds and Defs, might make it a bit easier.
I think there are quite a few underpriced premiums - particularly in the forward line. All of Neale, Duncan, Treloar and Dunkley are underpriced and the latter three all have fwd/mid status which is handy as well.
In regards to mid priced players, I think that there are a few who are certainly worth consideration. I am basing mid priced as anyone between $300K - $500K. Mostly, all of whom had injury affected seasons in 2021 hence they are discounted. They include: Sicily, Day, Rowell, Caldwell, Gresham and Coniglio.
Surprisingly, Sicily has only been given a 20% discount in DT whereas a player who missed an entire season, as he did, normally receive a 30% discount. Even so, for a player who was actually ready to play at the end of the 2021 season, so he has no issues with his past injury he still represents good value. His teammate Day, also gets a 20% discount after only playing 5 games last year. Of the 5 games he did play he scored 103, 74 & 88 and his average was lowered due to an injury affected score.
By all reports even when Rowell returned, he was still not 100% fit and scored accordingly. He represents great value as being priced at only 55.3. He is surely better than that and even though he may not score as well as he did in the first few games of his career, he would make a very handy M9 at worst.
Caldwell only played two games last year. The first was a 104 followed by a 49 in only 60 minutes of gametime prior to the injury. Assuming he played that game out, he was headed for a score of 90 or so. That would have given him an average of near 100 over the 2 games yet he is priced at only approx 55.
Gresham was very similar to Caldwell. Played 3 games scoring 95, 107 and a 17 when injured in the first quarter. The 17 is great as it lowered his average to 73 yet he gets a further 20% discount on top of that. Hence we are only paying the price for a 58.5 average. Based on his 3 games last year, he could well be a top 6 forward.
Coniglio doesn't need any feedback. Scores of 85 and 92 to start the season followed by an injury affected game where he scored 26 in 41 minutes would have had his average at a measly 67.66 but we were further assisted by GWS making him the medical sub in round 23 where he came on and scored 28. His 2021 average finished at 59 and we then get a further 20% discount again. And this is for a player who averaged 110.4 in 2018 and 103.7 in 2019. Agreed his days of averaging 100+ are probably now over as he is spending more time forward but it would not be out of the question to hope for 90+ from him most weeks. That's a lock if ever there was one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have certainly gone all out in the midfield, eh? Both of Miller and Steele is a big call.
I have concerns with Whitfield as he has only played the majority of the season in 2 of the past 7 years. Even though he appears to be well priced, I think he misses far too many games when paying that big a price.
I have my doubts about Rachele from a DT perspective. As a small forward I think he will score better in SC rathe than DT as he is not a huge possession winner but uses his possessions well.
How much will Gawn be affected by the rising influence of Jackson. The GF showed that Melbourne don't need Gawn to play as the dominating ruck any more and he may spend far more time playing forward alternating with Jackson.
Milera picks himself if he can get through the pre season unscathed as does Coniglio. I love the Gresham pick and Sicili is also a no brainer.
I'm still not sure there is a spot in the Swans defence for Gould yet. I see his only opportunity will come if there are numerous injuries there.

I think there are quite a few underpriced premiums - particularly in the forward line. All of Neale, Duncan, Treloar and Dunkley are underpriced and the latter three all have fwd/mid status which is handy as well.
In regards to mid priced players, I think that there are a few who are certainly worth consideration. I am basing mid priced as anyone between $300K - $500K. Mostly, all of whom had injury affected seasons in 2021 hence they are discounted. They include: Sicily, Day, Rowell, Caldwell, Gresham and Coniglio.
Surprisingly, Sicily has only been given a 20% discount in DT whereas a player who missed an entire season, as he did, normally receive a 30% discount. Even so, for a player who was actually ready to play at the end of the 2021 season, so he has no issues with his past injury he still represents good value. His teammate Day, also gets a 20% discount after only playing 5 games last year. Of the 5 games he did play he scored 103, 74 & 88 and his average was lowered due to an injury affected score.
By all reports even when Rowell returned, he was still not 100% fit and scored accordingly. He represents great value as being priced at only 55.3. He is surely better than that and even though he may not score as well as he did in the first few games of his career, he would make a very handy M9 at worst.
Caldwell only played two games last year. The first was a 104 followed by a 49 in only 60 minutes of gametime prior to the injury. Assuming he played that game out, he was headed for a score of 90 or so. That would have given him an average of near 100 over the 2 games yet he is priced at only approx 55.
Gresham was very similar to Caldwell. Played 3 games scoring 95, 107 and a 17 when injured in the first quarter. The 17 is great as it lowered his average to 73 yet he gets a further 20% discount on top of that. Hence we are only paying the price for a 58.5 average. Based on his 3 games last year, he could well be a top 6 forward.
Coniglio doesn't need any feedback. Scores of 85 and 92 to start the season followed by an injury affected game where he scored 26 in 41 minutes would have had his average at a measly 67.66 but we were further assisted by GWS making him the medical sub in round 23 where he came on and scored 28. His 2021 average finished at 59 and we then get a further 20% discount again. And this is for a player who averaged 110.4 in 2018 and 103.7 in 2019. Agreed his days of averaging 100+ are probably now over as he is spending more time forward but it would not be out of the question to hope for 90+ from him most weeks. That's a lock if ever there was one.

I like Duncan, probably more so than Dunkley/Treloar, well underpriced after that concussion and injury game. When he’s up and going, he’s a legitimate captain option, contender for the #1 forward if he plays a full year. I view him as a little injury prone, but generally speaking not that bad.

I think it’s just my experience with Mid-prices thats turned my away. The advantage is easy to see, if it pays off, I’ve just been burnt a few times. My personal opinion is, if your selecting a midpriced, you need to be content with that player being one of your last upgrade. With the way I burn through trades, I need to be prepared to potentially see the year out with them, that’s the reason why I’m interested in Sicily and Cogs only at this stage.

Day, I haven’t given any thoughts too at all. 3rd year player needing to average 80points+ to make the selection worth while, Sicily coming back. There enough concern there for me to skip over him.

Rowell to me is a trap, even if he averages that 90, he’s going to be 15points behind most other midfielder. I don’t think he developed that real fantasy game yet either, those games he dominated, he just scrapped over the 100. He will be someone who gets attention, and GC will be very conservative with him. I think he’s will be too valuable to have as M9, preferably that player has DPP link too.

Caldwell that sample size is small. From those first few game, Parish really came on, once given the chance, McGrath will continued to be developed, Zerrett will keep his role, Shiel is a walk up midfield starter, throw in a rotation from Stringer, Cox, Archie and Langford, I don’t see him getting a decent role to score well regularly.

Gresham would be the best of the rest, I only have Sicily and Cogs ahead of him because they’ve had them premium scoring years previously.
He’s obviously older than Day/Caldwell, shouldn’t have those up and down scores as much. He offers something different to the saint midfield so could potentially get a decent fantasy role. Again I’d like a high 80 point average, which I think he is more than capable of, the DPP link would be handy. However I don’t see him as a must have either.

The biggest thing is the rookie depth, if there’s little rookie depth in the forward line, Gresham/Caldwell/Cogs could make a lot more sense as they’ll generate the cash but as it stands I’m happy to go Guns and Rooks.

With the added quality in the forward and backline, we’re going to see some seriously good completed teams

I like Duncan, probably more so than Dunkley/Treloar, well underpriced after that concussion and injury game. When he’s up and going, he’s a legitimate captain option, contender for the #1 forward if he plays a full year. I view him as a little injury prone, but generally speaking not that bad.

I think it’s just my experience with Mid-prices thats turned my away. The advantage is easy to see, if it pays off, I’ve just been burnt a few times. My personal opinion is, if your selecting a midpriced, you need to be content with that player being one of your last upgrade. With the way I burn through trades, I need to be prepared to potentially see the year out with them, that’s the reason why I’m interested in Sicily and Cogs only at this stage.

Day, I haven’t given any thoughts too at all. 3rd year player needing to average 80points+ to make the selection worth while, Sicily coming back. There enough concern there for me to skip over him.

Rowell to me is a trap, even if he averages that 90, he’s going to be 15points behind most other midfielder. I don’t think he developed that real fantasy game yet either, those games he dominated, he just scrapped over the 100. He will be someone who gets attention, and GC will be very conservative with him. I think he’s will be too valuable to have as M9, preferably that player has DPP link too.

Caldwell that sample size is small. From those first few game, Parish really came on, once given the chance, McGrath will continued to be developed, Zerrett will keep his role, Shiel is a walk up midfield starter, throw in a rotation from Stringer, Cox, Archie and Langford, I don’t see him getting a decent role to score well regularly.

Gresham would be the best of the rest, I only have Sicily and Cogs ahead of him because they’ve had them premium scoring years previously.
He’s obviously older than Day/Caldwell, shouldn’t have those up and down scores as much. He offers something different to the saint midfield so could potentially get a decent fantasy role. Again I’d like a high 80 point average, which I think he is more than capable of, the DPP link would be handy. However I don’t see him as a must have either.

The biggest thing is the rookie depth, if there’s little rookie depth in the forward line, Gresham/Caldwell/Cogs could make a lot more sense as they’ll generate the cash but as it stands I’m happy to go Guns and Rooks.

With the added quality in the forward and backline, we’re going to see some seriously good completed teams
Hey Leuy,
Agree that Duncan has the potential to be the number one forward this year provided he can get a full year in. Apart from last year he had been pretty durable so I'm hoping that last year was just the exception to the rule. Dunkley was given midfield time prior to his injury and was averaging 115.5 in those 6 games. Got very little mid time upon his return and scored accordingly. Similarly Treloar was averaging 97 prior to his injury which would clearly place him in the top 6 forwards given 22 games. Even his starting average of 87 still places him in the top 6. Even if he were to suffer another injury, it won't be difficult to find a replacement.
I don't see Sicily's return as having any impact on Day as they play completely different roles. I see little reason why Day won't average 75-80 yet we are only paying at 55.
I do agree with Rowell. I'm not sold on him as yet and I would actually prefer to pay the extra $130K or so and upgrade to Crouch assuming he gets through a complete pre season.
Agreed that Caldwell's history is very small being only 2 games however in those two games all of Merrett, Parish, Langford, McGrath and Shiel also played. It shows me that Essendon rate Caldwell highly and I expect him to be a major part of their midfield next year.
I think that both Gresham and Coniglio are the two biggest steals this year.
As much as starting with a full guns and rooks squad at the start of the year always seems the logical way to go, the issue with that is finding enough rooks who will actually get consistent games. Apart from the 8 on the bench, you probably need another 8 or so on the field. 16 rookies all getting named for round 1 and all 16 playing at least 3-4 games to make their selection worthwhile is a big ask. So many quite often get dropped after a couple of games and become deadwood. At least with most of the mid priced players we are talking about here, job security is not an issue. Whereas they won't increase at the same pace as a rook who continues to get games, they are used as the stepping stone to the upgraded premium.
Agreed, too many mid pricers will stagnate cash growth and I have fallen into that trap once. I do feel that anywhere between 3-5 are not only ok but necessary. Just got to pick the right ones.

Don't know why I should be making comment on the coach who finished in the top 100 last year, but I'll give you my two bob's worth anyway.
Only selections that concern me are:
Whitfield as he just seems to miss numerous games year after year.
Rowell. The wonder kid of 2020 (first 3 games anyway) didn't show much at all last year that he is going to reproduce that again. For his sake, I hope he can but at the same price I feel Caldwell will outscore him.
Horne Francis will be a great player but even in his past couple of years, he doesn't seem to be the ball magnet type midfielder that Daicos is. I don't see him averaging much more than 70 odd and that's nowhere near enough when paying that price.
DeGoey. Prior to his little escapade in the states, he would have been one of my first selected but not now. He will miss a large part of the pre season and training alone is a very poor preparation. If found guilty in New York, he may not serve any gaol time but the AFL would look very dimly at him and a 4-5 week suspension would be quite likely. When looking at his figures from last year, he received an inordinate amount of marks which boosted his scores. I don't think that that is sustainable and it's not clear what the new coach has in plan for him.
I had Butters in my squad initially, but I'm now having second thoughts.

With the discussion happening about mid-pricers, what is the everyone interpretation of a pass mark.
Is it +25ppg on their price ? Or +200K ? Do they need to average 90+?

For me, I need to view them as scoring within 10 points of the players in the top positions. I view Duncan, Taranto, Dunkley and Treloar in their own group, it then drops off to a group of likely high 80 averages. I believe Cogs will fall close to this group and therefore I’m comfortable selecting him.
I view Hall, Crisp, Lloyd, Stewart as the top 4 and a drop off again to a likely high 80 average, Sicily will hopefully average 80+. I’ve excluded Whitfield (injuries) Witherden (JS) Ziebell (age and durability)

With the discussion happening about mid-pricers, what is the everyone interpretation of a pass mark.

For me, I need to view them as scoring within 10 points of the players in the top positions. I view Duncan, Taranto, Dunkley and Treloar in their own group, it then drops off to a group of likely high 80 averages. I believe Cogs will fall close to this group and therefore I’m comfortable selecting him.
I view Hall, Crisp, Lloyd, Stewart as the top 4 and a drop off again to a likely high 80 average, Sicily will hopefully average 80+. I’ve excluded Whitfield (injuries) Witherden (JS) Ziebell (age and durability)
I do agree that there is every reason to hope that all of the players you mentioned could all still be in our squads at the end of year barring injury as they will be in the top 10 of their respective positions.
Whereas you are looking at mid pricers predominantly as keepers only (within 10 points of the top group in their positions), I also look at them as stepping stones.
I'm hoping that someone like Caldwell could go from his starting price of $456K (priced at 53) to $720K (average 85). In doing so, it makes it so much easier to then upgrade to a uber elite as it can be done in two trades rather than 3.
A player who can increase his starting point price by 25+ is great value and a worthwhile inclusion. I do think it needs to be at least that though.
The mid pricers I currently have are Sicily, Day, Caldwell, Gresham and Coniglio.
Sicily and Coiglio have the potential to be within 10 points of the top group as you have mentioned. I place Gresham in the same category.
I feel Caldwell can go 85+ and Day 80+ thereby making them great stepping stones as I feel they will increase their starting price by a minimum of 25.

I think it is very difficult to work out what a pass mark is given there are so many factors at play, one of the hardest to quantify being opportunity cost. Each decision made effects every other decision. That said, i think its obviously worthwhile to simplify all of our decisions as much as possible for the sake of discussion, understanding and comprehension. I like to think that this game is not simply 'x' vs 'y' vs 'z', its much more. That is the caveat to what im about to say.

So while i dont like to think strictly in terms of pass/fail, there are certain benefits to doing so for any given player/strategy. What i first think about when considering a mid-pricer is not points, rather what role i expect them to play and their ceiling within that role. Also, i think about how many years they've spent in the system and whether they are more or less likely to 'break out'. After that is when i look at past scoring history and make projections. In this case i trust my footy knowledge more than purely what the numbers say.

Then i try to think about what they will need to do to either increase value by 150k or to become a keeper and i look at what % they would need to increase their scoring by to end up in 1 of those categories. When i say 'become a keeper' what i mean is will they end up averaging within the top 10 players in that position (top 15 players for mids) and/or finish within 10% of the highest averaging player in that position. If i see them doing that, then i consider selecting them. After that, i look at the other options around the same price and compare.

Now I know that may sound like a bit of a contradiction to 'not looking at the numbers as my first step' as it seems like a rigid mathematical approach but its not completely. These days i am more likely to go with gut than the numbers. If i foresee a mid-pricer having a role change i generally will be more likely to select them than one who i dont think will - even if that player went through a purple patch. Of course, injury affected scores/seasons are taken into account and when injury significantly impacts a players average and price point i do look at past averages and think about likelihood they will get back to their best.

So that is my process. Its nothing different really, i just think about the qualities a player has first before the numbers. While i do use rules (increase value by 150k+ and/or become a keeper) to simplify the equations and come out of it with a pass/fail mark, i dont think i base my decisions as much on numbers as i do footy knowledge. It is interesting to note that i dont really do much analysis when it comes to premiums and rookies, thus i think that strategy is much easier to follow but not necessarily better.

Also there is a debate to be had about whether the numbers or footy knowledge matters more. I know i did very well at NRL SC one season even though i dont know nearly as much about NRL as i do about AFL. Thus, i relied more on stats and following what others were doing/playing the %s.

Hope that gives a clearer picture of my methods/madness

As clear as mud, nerd. :p
TL;DR - Use footy knowledge first for mid-pricers as often improvement relies on factors such as age(natural development)/role change/change in clubs/increased TOG etc

Guns n rookies is always 'easier' as the premiums are premiums for a reason and dont need to improve their average or change role or anything. They are priced accordingly. Rookies pretty much just need to get on the park to make cash so role isnt that important its just job security. I think a hybrid team is likely the best option but i am strongly considering going for absolute broke and picking 2 or 3 premiums and the rest mid-pricers. Very unlikely it comes off but if it does i think it will be unique enough to get close to winning this thing. I've decided that im going for full mid-priced madness in either SC or DT. Most likely it will be SC but if it is RDT expect my team to be very 'strange'.

TL;DR - Use footy knowledge first for mid-pricers as often improvement relies on factors such as age(natural development)/role change/change in clubs/increased TOG etc

Guns n rookies is always 'easier' as the premiums are premiums for a reason and dont need to improve their average or change role or anything. They are priced accordingly. Rookies pretty much just need to get on the park to make cash so role isnt that important its just job security. I think a hybrid team is likely the best option but i am strongly considering going for absolute broke and picking 2 or 3 premiums and the rest mid-pricers. Very unlikely it comes off but if it does i think it will be unique enough to get close to winning this thing. I've decided that im going for full mid-priced madness in either SC or DT. Most likely it will be SC but if it is RDT expect my team to be very 'strange'.
I fell for that trap once and although many mid pricers represent great value, it must be taken into account that they are not going to increase in value at the same % rate as a rookie. The year that I started with about 8-9 mid pricers, I simply couldn't generate enough cash to finish my team.
I think Leuy is correct in saying a mid pricer is ok if you expect him to be a keeper and finish within a 10 point average of the top group in their category. I also feel that if they are going to increase their average by 25 points or more they are worthwhile.
Otherwise, I'll be looking for a legitimate rookie who is going to get early games.

I fell for that trap once and although many mid pricers represent great value, it must be taken into account that they are not going to increase in value at the same % rate as a rookie. The year that I started with about 8-9 mid pricers, I simply couldn't generate enough cash to finish my team.
I think Leuy is correct in saying a mid pricer is ok if you expect him to be a keeper and finish within a 10 point average of the top group in their category. I also feel that if they are going to increase their average by 25 points or more they are worthwhile.
Otherwise, I'll be looking for a legitimate rookie who is going to get early games.
I think its definitely more difficult to go with more than say 4 or 5 mid-pricers but if you can get all of your team improving on average by 10-15+ points and then you still pick the right rookies, then you'll do really well. I fully accept its very hard to do, but there are always enough players out there that increase their average substantially and more than that, there are many out there that do so without being popular at all. Its difficult to unearth them for sure but it is a way you can get ahead of the curve.

I think you have to really back yourself with MPM and instead of thinking pass/fail or keeper/non-keeper i think you need to show some patience. Yes, odds are you will pick a few duds but if you view your team as a whole, the mid-pricers that do succeed will end up saving you trades. Its a different philosophy to GnR for sure, instead of locking in points and value increases, you are going for consistant improvement.

Chances are you wont get the chance to finish with a 'perfect' team like you could with a well executed guns n rookies strategy but hopefully what you get is more consistant scoring from round 1. Less high scores but also less dud scores. Anyway, with all that said, i dont think ill be doing full MPM in DT. Ill use my hybrid strategy where i generally end up with 5 or so mid-pricers.

My plan SC team is very different. I honestly think some people on here would say ive gone insane given my structure. Looking at individual players, i think ive only picked 2 or 3 uniques and the rest are fairly popular. I've never succeeded at SC by following the pack (granted i do always pick a few uniques or go with a unique structure) so im happy to finish outside the top 25% while trying something completely different.

The best year I had was with Guns and Rooks, a fair while ago now, finished top 10. I started with all the Uber premiums Ablett, Swan, Boyd, Pendles and loaded up with the GWS Rookies. I chased that strategy for a while, then went to find that little extra by looking for the underpriced premiums, picking up players like Taranto, Walsh and Jelly last year, as an example.

The problem with this strategy is I get locked into needing to trade a certain player in, Steele, Touk, Macrae type and end up paying a premium for them, cash, multiple trades, sideways trade other players etc. To not lose ground in the later stages of the season.

Ive haven’t settle on a strategy this year yet, I really want to lock in players like Steele, Macrae and Titch. This will allow me to pick up some value pick ups when they arise. Same reasoning behind wanting to start Taranto, Duncan, Dunkley, Lloyd, Crisp. This will allow me to
pick up players like Ridley, after his concession game last year and not sacrifice the end team too much.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back