Fixture 2022 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we're all bitterly disappointed about that Port Adelaide loss but strangely enough, we can still enter the top 8 next week due to the quirk of the draw. Bulldogs are 8th and are one win ahead of us; they play the Lions on Thursday night which you'd think that will result in a Brisbane win. St Kilda are 10th and one win ahead of us; they play Carlton on Friday night which you'd think would be a Blues win. Richmond are 9th and one win ahead of us but don't play West Coast until Sunday. Port Adelaide are 12th and equal with us on wins but don't play until Sunday.

So, bizarrely, we can still enter the top 8 on Saturday night with a win over Collingwood and a big enough percentage swing. Even stranger is the fact that we could enter the top 8 on Sunday if West Coast beat Richmond by enough. It's a strange season but all we can really do is make sure we beat Collingwood next week and roll onto Richmond the following week where we'll very likely play them for a spot in the top 8, assuming we beat Collingwood. Time for everyone to turn up to Metricon in their red and gold for these next two home matches and show those Vics that we aren't pushovers anymore!

Let's F#&$ing Go!

Brisbane just did us a big favour by beating the Dogs by 41 points and dropping their percentage by more than 5%. Now the Bulldogs have a win loss record of 8-7 after 15 rounds and have a percentage of 115.7%. This actually drops them out of the top 8 and now Richmond are in 8th with a win-loss record of 8-6 and a percentage of 116.2%. Assuming Carlton beat St Kilda tomorrow night, which I think is a reasonable assumption, then we will have a shot at equaling 8th/entering the top 8 on Saturday night.

Not that I think this will happen but if we beat the Pies by say 70 points (130-60 let's say) on Saturday night then we'll move secure our 8th win for the season with a percentage of 115.9%. Then we all become West Coast fans on Sunday because even a 6-point win over Richmond would see us enter the top 8.

If we're in a position going into round 23 where a win over North on the Saturday arvo gets us into the top 8 and we have to wait on other results to see if we make it then it's going to be a brutal weekend for us!
Think the Dogs have already sown up 8th spot myself so we won’t have to stress. Still, if we’re in the fight for a spot in the 8 come Round 23, that’s a huge tick for our season given where we’ve come from and the injuries we’ve had this year.

Think the Dogs have already sown up 8th spot myself so we won’t have to stress. Still, if we’re in the fight for a spot in the 8 come Round 23, that’s a huge tick for our season given where we’ve come from and the injuries we’ve had this year.
I feel like even just sitting outside the top 8 would be with 10+ wins would be a successful year, given where you came from last year (16th) Already on 8 wins by round 20 than the entire of 2021

I feel like even just sitting outside the top 8 would be with 10+ wins would be a successful year, given where you came from last year (16th) Already on 8 wins by round 20 than the entire of 2021
I will assess the team at the end of season but I have a mixed feeling about this season results considering in 2021 we got 7 wins mostly without ruck and could have won even more games with a bit of luck.

Witts was mostly fantastic this year. He really surprised me after ACL, only lowered his colours twice (against Preuss and Draper) while carrying enormous load.

Competition is unbelievably close. Only North and Eagles dropped off but now even them could be a danger with players back.

No doubt, we do play way more consistent footy this year and I mostly enjoyed our style. Basically only 2 games we were not up to it (GWS, Essendon) and a quarter here and there. Our worst loss is by 52 points against Lions so far (we played actually pretty well in that game). Interestingly, Lions worst loss is by 64 points.

We could end up only with 10 wins which would be a borderline pass for me.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a strong finish to the season from a few players + at least another 2 wins to feel reasonably good about the season.

If
Elijah can show he belongs at league level
Luko makes a fist of playing forward half of the ground
Ainsworth and Rankine can finish with a strong few weeks
Chol gets to 45+ goals

You got to be pretty confident that will build into next year.

My wishes for the rest of season.

No more long-term injuries.

Stay competitive.

Play as Ellis suggests “We just have to play our brand of footy, take it on and have fun.”

I would give kick-in role to Farrar. He is fast, has a good kick, makes good decisions. Link him up with Markov/Ellis/Atkins on rebound. Markov in and out does not help his confidence.

Play Ellis/Atkins on the wing.

More games into Graham, Sharp, Hollands, Davies, Rosas.

Ace had a great second half in VFL. Could we de-list him and re-rookie?

Rankine getting into form after covid.

Casboult's knee looks swollen. Hopefully, he can go again next year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back