Week 2:
Collingwood v Fremantle
Brisbane v Melbourne

Week 3:
Geelong v Brisbane
Sydney v Fremantle

Week 4:
Geelong v Sydney

Geez. If we could meet Freo in a prelim, what a dream.
Bbbbbbuuuut I don’t want to be St Kilda. I don’t. You can’t make me. No one wants this …!!!!

Clarkson had one of the best lists at the Hawks when they peaked but the first two years they were poor. The Hawks stuck by him and got rewarded. Same with Dimma at Richmond.
With the board at Essendon and puppet master Dodoro entrenched I can't see Clarkson working in that environment.
If I was Clarkson seriously I would go to GWS away from the Melbourne fishbowl. He's onto a hiding for nothing at North and Don's would be like sticking your head in a bears mouth knowing that sooner or later the bear will decapitate you.

Robbie Gray retiring.

Random one.

Out and about in Newcastle this arvo, went by a park and saw some kids under 10 kicking a footy with their parents.

Not being a local, not sure if common but if it isn't, few green shoots coming up.
I bloody love this post!!

I mean, you don't know what was said, you don't know what happened before he got to the bench

But if one of our players did that to Horse, I'd lose my ******* mind

Came in here to post that very same thing.

Disrespect to a coach after you've played so poorly all season? Far out.

It wasn't Rutten out there jogging around, not manning up, not putting in basic effort, not caring... Hind a massive culprit of Port getting easy walk in goals & uncontested marks... And thinks he has a right to ignore the head coach like that?! No thanks. Don't care how good you are. If there was a player at our club that showed that kind of entitlement & disrespect I'd be filthy.

Get out of there Rutten!! Get out as quick as you can!

Clarkson had one of the best lists at the Hawks when they peaked but the first two years they were poor. The Hawks stuck by him and got rewarded. Same with Dimma at Richmond.
With the board at Essendon and puppet master Dodoro entrenched I can't see Clarkson working in that environment.
If I was Clarkson seriously I would go to GWS away from the Melbourne fishbowl. He's onto a hiding for nothing at North and Don's would be like sticking your head in a bears mouth knowing that sooner or later the bear will decapitate you.
I forgot Dodo was at Essendon. Would honestly be hilarious to watch Clarko and Dodo attempt to work together

I bloody love this post!!
I spoke to my brother not two days ago and he always has a go at AFL and me for being a Swans supporter. Growing up in Newcastle AFL was derided vociferously. Everyone joked about AFL, always knocking on, kick and giggle, can't tackle, etc. AFL is certainly is making inroads into probably the strongest rugby league heartlands in Australia if not THE strongest rugby league nursery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so weird people I see on Twitter saying that Clarkson isn't worth all the clubs who are chasing after him.

I would ask: If Clarkson's not worth the fuss, then who is?

Clarkson might not be any good at North, Essendon, wherever the hell else he might end up. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he was a bust. But he's achieved past success in the form of four flags. What does any other random assistant coach rising through the ranks have to offer that is comparable to that?

I get people don't like him, but it's absolutely foolish for some to pretend like he's not the best available candidate for these clubs.
The thing is, a coach is only ever as good as the personnel he has available, and clarko had the good fortune of coaching some real champions. Mitchell, Hodge, buddy etc. So it's part fortune, but he absolutely made the most of what he had available.

He was able to win in 2008 against all odds with a young team and some of the older crew, then did a mini rebuild, managed to overcome the defeat in 2012 to spur his team to 3 straight. Can't ask for more than that.

I also heard Hodge talking about how Clarko used the emotion from that 2012 loss to spur Hawthorn on in 2014 and that worked like a charm, Hawthorn were angry!

He's about the surest best you can make in bringing in a coach.

Last edited:
Shane Edwards retiring at end of season.
All starting to roll in now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back