List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think North will get a priority pick and I think it will be 11 or 19. Similar to what GC got:

"Gold Coast will also receive a mid-first-round pick in the 2020 draft, which is currently pick number 11, and a first pick of the second round (currently pick 19) in the 2021 draft."

Might give us a chance to get two trades done for JHF and Rankine. Something like:

1)

AFC: 5 + Future 1st
NTH: JHF + 11

2)

AFC: 11
GC: Rankine

It should have been done when Pyke and Burton were sacked. Tbh it shouldn't have even needed to be done by the club. Roo must have some cheek to have not stood down himself when his mate that he employed singlehandedly nearly destroyed the club. What type of person doesn't volunteer to leave? In saying that a strong board should have requested that he distance himself from the club. The only thing I can think of is that they are scared of him and scared his kids won't play for the club if they decide to play football and are good enough.

Rubbish - would have nothing to do with his kids playing or not playing for us. Regardless of what you think of him Roo bleeds for the club. I don’t disagree though we need to find out how the buck doesn’t stop with him on this camp debacle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think North will get a priority pick and I think it will be 11 or 19. Similar to what GC got:

"Gold Coast will also receive a mid-first-round pick in the 2020 draft, which is currently pick number 11, and a first pick of the second round (currently pick 19) in the 2021 draft."

Might give us a chance to get two trades done for JHF and Rankine. Something like:

1)

AFC: 5 + Future 1st
NTH: JHF + 11

2)

AFC: 11
GC: Rankine
Ticks the AFL manipulation box so sounds plausible.

I wouldn't begin to rate Rankine as a worthy top 10 pick at all.

Rankine deal will sit somewhere around Cerra last year and Cameron previously. Cerra was a recent top 5 pick - and Carlton used 6 for him. 4 will be on the table without doubt - and given the abundance of 20-40 pick GC have we will likely get one of those back

Laird could potentially get us closer to JHF capital as well. I’d then just put Keays back into the guts and probably keep Crouch as a backup mid that we could plug in if needed. I don’t think we’re in a position to knock back good offers for 25+ year olds if it gets us future guns.

We aren’t trading Laird. Literally our best player

then spitballing a deal that might cut the mustard

Adelaide
In: Rankine, Brisbane 2022 1st
Out: Pick 4 and 2022 2nd

GC:
In pick 4
Out: Rankine & 2 x 3rd round picks (picks 44, 52) - 44 & 52 + our 2nd rounder is equivalent to pick 11
(GC would still be left with picks 4, 8, 26, 31 & 34)

Brisbane:
In crows 2nd + 2 x 3rd round picks
Out: Brisbane 2022 1st
With their later picks they have enough points to match a bid at pick 1 with the discount

We would want to get on our bike and trade a couple of players out for the points for Michalanney

But we could walk away with Rankine, maybe Keeler and Michalanney...where do we sign

That’s actually pretty good - maybe add a future 3 Rd from us to GC 34 this year

I know this info is floating around some place here, but how many players are actually not contracted for next year?

Billy Frampton
Elliot Himmelberg
Mitch Hinge
James Rowe
Brett Turner
James Borlase
Tariek Newchurch
Ben Davis

Billy Frampton
Elliot Himmelberg
Mitch Hinge
James Rowe
Brett Turner
James Borlase
Tariek Newchurch
Ben Davis
Frampton Recontact 1year
Berg Trade
Hinge Recontract
Rowe Delist
Turner Delist
Borlase Delist
Newchurch Recontact
Ben Davis Delist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footywire website has all teams contracts usually pretty accurate.

That list is accurate apart from Nankervis, who is contracted to 2023 as he got a 2 year contract from being drafted in the pre-season draft

The free agent status stuff is complete garbage, not accurate at all

Borlase wont get delisted. Why do you think he will. He is one of the clubs better players in the Sanfl.
He could very well be delisted, given the (overly belated) emergence of Worrell. There's pretty much no chance of him ever being selected at AFL level (barring a horrendous injury run), so why bother keeping him on the list?

The counter arguments is that he's a Cat B rookie, so retaining him costs us nothing in terms of the list mathematics. I'm not sure that's a strong enough argument if they don't ever have any intention of playing him.

In any case, it's not the worst suggestion in LL's post. Re-signing Frampton is champagne comedy.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

They frequently get the FA status wrong, but mostly accurate for contract expiry years.

Hadn’t paid too much attention to that but yes there’s a lot wrong.

Out of interest where does Hately fit? Does his exit from GWS count as a delisting which would make him an UFA after every contract?

Hadn’t paid too much attention to that but yes there’s a lot wrong.

Out of interest where does Hately fit? Does his exit from GWS count as a delisting which would make him an UFA after every contract?

I don't think he was technically delisted as we didn't get him as a delisted free agent. I think he was an uncontracted player that changed clubs via the pre-season draft, so no free agent status

He could very well be delisted, given the (overly belated) emergence of Worrell. There's pretty much no chance of him ever being selected at AFL level (barring a horrendous injury run), so why bother keeping him on the list?

The counter arguments is that he's a Cat B rookie, so retaining him costs us nothing in terms of the list mathematics. I'm not sure that's a strong enough argument if they don't ever have any intention of playing him.

In any case, it's not the worst suggestion in LL's post. Re-signing Frampton is champagne comedy.

I’m not sure re-signing Frampton on a one year is a horrendous call, especially if we re-rookie him.

As you mentioned neither him nor Borlase are long term players, but we should keep one of them as injury cover for next year (depending on who we draft of course). If all we need is a short term injury solution it makes sense to keep Frampton as he is a better player right now.

Unfortunately, LL is right. We have no developed and ready to play 200cm defenders that we can use in an emergency. However, if we trade in some tall defenders that could change. But it would be silly to kill our defensive depth.

As for Borlase, Again, we have no defensive depth and several players have including Murray really have not cemented their spot in the best 22. So having him on the list for another year with a view for development is really a non issue.

I’m not sure re-signing Frampton on a one year is a horrendous call, especially if we re-rookie him.

As you mentioned neither him nor Borlase are long term players, but we should keep one of them as injury cover for next year (depending on who we draft of course). If all we need is a short term injury solution it makes sense to keep Frampton as he is a better player right now.
Frampton is well and truly gone. He's proven definitively that he can't play either end of the ground at AFL level. Berg should be re-signed, though I could see us delisting him and redrafting him in the RD. There is no case for Frampton being on an AFL list in 2023.

This is what I think the club will do, not what I would do

Frampton DELIST, worn out his welcome
Berg 1year contract, just in case it clicks
Hinge 1year rolling contract to fill a spot until others of standard develop
Rowe 1year contract because Nicks likes him, I don't
Turner DELIST, still can't believe our MSD decisions. If he gets a contract why didn't we take 18 month Carmichael?
Borlase DELIST, just hasn't shown he'll be up to senior standard
Newchurch DELIST, suspect there's something unfixable in his game they don't like, soft?
Ben Davis DELIST, still shaking my head he's survived six seasons, must have photos

We have to get serious, we're wasting seasons, be inventive, draft picks are over rated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back