List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's another player who just turned 21. 187cm, 81kg. Tough as nails, despite a bit of a gangly body type like Nankervis and Poulter. Could play inside/outside mid as comfortably as a role in the back lines. Already won 2 SANFL premierships. Gone and chased his other dream of working on a Cattle Station in remote WA in 2022 after not getting drafted.

I sometimes wonder how the recruiters decide who and why they pick up certain players over others.
Fine line between a lot of decisions I'd say, size, speed, athleticism, attitude and on occasions they just over complicated it and ignore natural footballers.

Guys luke Mitchell and Priddis who got overlooked and went onto win Brownlows.
Lake was overlooked and won a Norm Smith.

Laird, Papley, Cameron are just a few who scraped in through rookie draft.

Age had already caught up with Sloaney pre-knee.

He needs to retire and if he won't go willingly the choice should be taken out of his hands. VB mk 2. Biggest no-brainer decision we could/should make, but won't.
Jesus Christ, he only has one year left.

The last thing that good clubs do is push injured champions out the door.

Nurse him through his rehab and a dozen games next year and give him a home retirement match. It's hardly going to cripple our rebuild showing Sloane a bit of respect.

He’s hardly going to tell a crows supporter, Adelaide’s a shithole and I can’t get home quick enough
So why is he always at the front in every club event, speaking to fans at post-game events and decked head to toe in Crows merch?

If Rachele is involved I'm passing without even giving it any thought....untouchable.

I get it.

I love the kid.

I just think we need JHF more, especially if we gain Rankine.

But hey, maybe having both means they both spend time as mids and we find our superstar midfielder.

I hope so, because our workman-like gang ain’t doing it for me!!!

There's another player who just turned 21. 187cm, 81kg. Tough as nails, despite a bit of a gangly body type like Nankervis and Poulter. Could play inside/outside mid as comfortably as a role in the back lines. Already won 2 SANFL premierships. Gone and chased his other dream of working on a Cattle Station in remote WA in 2022 after not getting drafted.

I sometimes wonder how the recruiters decide who and why they pick up certain players over others.
OK and his name is?

Nurse him through his rehab and a dozen games next year and give him a home retirement match. It's hardly going to cripple our rebuild showing Sloane a bit of respect.
Yeah, lets waste a dozen games on a cooked, underperforming bloke that wont be there for our next finals push..

Genius thinking!

The whole reason we are in the current position we find ourselves, with a team full of kids that havent reached 50 games yet, is due to this exact arsebackward thinking that sees us reward senior players time and time again long after its clear they are completely cooked…

its the exact reason a rebuild can become crippled.

“A dozen games and a home retirement match”.. my *ing god that is the dumbest s**t I’ve read on here in a whole..

What's the latest on North's priority pick request? Mid first round?

It's been suggested that a pick like that is intended to be traded for players. Let's go with that in this hypothetical.

That pick sounds pretty suitable in a Rankine trade.

Say our offer is Sholl, McAsey and Crouch, what do the other clubs offers look like? Remember the intention of the priority pick is for it to be traded in this scenario, so no, they can't just take it to the draft.

It's been suggested that a pick like that is intended to be traded for players. Let's go with that in this hypothetical.

Say our offer is Sholl, McAsey and Crouch, what do the other clubs offers look like? Remember the intention of the priority pick is for it to be traded in this scenario, so no, they can't just take it to the draft.
Brad Hill has been mooted, I believe

Those three players combined are probably only worth a second round pick.

There's probably a few clubs that could trump that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those three players combined are probably only worth a second round pick.

There's probably a few clubs that could trump that.

I really think we're going to try and do the Dawson trade where we keep our first rounder.

If North get this mid first pick and it has to be traded for players, I doubt they get full value for it.

I spoke with Rash after the North game he loves it here, his family regularly come to visit him and they love it here too, he is excited about the Crows future.
:hearteyes:

ps. Im a bit cautious (likely PTSD) after the many years of ex-AFC players (Lever, McGovern, etc) saying they love it here.

However, for the first time in a long time, I'm optimistic about the club's future. Will be pushing for 9-10 next year and finals in 2024. Bookmark people!

Thought Poulter was very good in those few games for Collingwood last year and not sure what his weaknesses are to not get a game with them as stats in VFL very good as well .
Surely on surface worth a token late pick as unsigned to get.
Reckon he still needs time to develop physically. Saw him up close when the Pies were in town and he's still a stick man.

:hearteyes:

ps. Im a bit cautious (likely PTSD) after the many years of ex-AFC players (Lever, McGovern, etc) saying they love it here.

However, for the first time in a long time, I'm optimistic about the club's future. Will be pushing for 9-10 next year and finals in 2024. Bookmark people!
Rachelle did sign a 2-year contract extension about 5 minutes after he was drafted (slight hyperbole - but only slight), before he'd even played a game. I'd say the evidence suggests he's pretty happy at the club.

I spoke with Rash after the North game he loves it here, his family regularly come to visit him and they love it here too, he is excited about the Crows future.

On the way out the ground last week I overheard a group of two families talking about dinner and asking whether the 'Rachele's and Soligo's' were coming, and another person answered that they were.

My guess is that both players families are pretty well integrated into the club. I'm assuming our club has a pretty strong Italian connection? (aside from Ricciuto family)

And that's exactly what we will do.
Are we a good club in that respect?

Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell all performing far better than pre-injury Sloane. Hawks a good club?

So a charity season it is? Won't give Crouch, (who I argue still offers waaay more than Sloane onfield) a fairwell game, but quite happy to squeeze Rory in for an entire season because why exactly? Culture?

Agreed, It probably won't "cripple" our rebuild, but it is just another unnecessary stalling,negative move toward overall team development no matter which way you look at it.

Im only interested in what benefit it serves in building a premiership side when weighted against the alternative. Besides sentimental value, where's the benefit? Who does it benefit?

And that's exactly what we will do.
Are we a good club in that respect?

Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell all performing far better than pre-injury Sloane. Hawks a good club?

So a charity season it is? Won't give Crouch, (who I argue still offers waaay more than Sloane onfield) a fairwell game, but quite happy to squeeze Rory in for an entire season because why exactly? Culture?

Agreed, It probably won't "cripple" our rebuild, but it is just another unnecessary stalling,negative move toward overall team development no matter which way you look at it.

Im only interested in what benefit it serves in building a premiership side when weighted against the alternative. Besides sentimental value, where's the benefit? Who does it benefit?
Every decision should be based on getting 1 step closer to a premiership.
I agree playing Sloane doesn't do that so what's the point?
More than half the list is 22 y.o. or younger and currently only 2 have played 50 games.
By the end of next year we are likely to have only 5 players who have played 100 games on the list.

Because of this exact same stupid policy for no logical reason we gave games to guys like Douglas, Kelly, Frampton, now Rowe, we will with Rory next year and its just dumb.

Do you think they'll go the delist, re rookie route or can you only do that if the player is on the senior list?

not sure about the rules on that
He'll get picked up in whatever draft we send him to. Maybe before us???

Fascinating off season coming up for us.
There's been a lot of talk from us about getting in a mature player to assist our midfield. Tex has said our midfield isn't getting it done and we need someone with experience and proven ability to get better.

Rankine isn't that player.
If JHF isn't coming this season, and that seems likely, I wouldn't be surprised if Hopper or Dunkley have been in our sights.
Could be a case of splitting pick 5 for two firsts and offloading one to GC for Rankine and the other to Dogs/GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back