List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My belief has been building rapidly. The game plan has changed and our defense has been awesome.

The Cats game we had every reason to lose. Poor start. Whistle going Cats way. Looked jittery. Our outs.

Then after 15 mins it was literally played on our terms. We simply failed to score heavier against them.

That’s the only piece of the puzzle where there’s slight disconnect.

Our mids and defense are flag worthy. Our forwards aren’t but we don’t need them to be top 4. They just need to play to their strengths and continue to develop and we win a flag.
I agree mostly but I still have doubts about our ability to score heavily against the top sides. Especially under finals pressure.
If we can put 90 points on Melbourne in particular, I will fully believe.

I agree mostly but I still have doubts about our ability to score heavily against the top sides. Especially under finals pressure.
The St Kilda game (against Melb) got me thinking that we can compete with Melbourne. St Kilda are slow and move the ball like treacle. Against a well organised defence like Melbourne's they never looked like kicking a winning score. We will need to have the confidence to take them on (easier said than done against their centre square setup).

What would really improve the forward line is a one of those forwards between 180 and 190cm that’s good above their head but also above average athletically.

We only really have Frederick, Sturt and Banfield on our list that meet that description. It’d be ideal to have two of this sort of player in the team most weeks.

Whilst we’re likely to lose Colyer and Walters in the medium term, I’m not sure I’d be racing to recruit more sub-180cm forwards unless they’re really really good - like first round quality good.

What would really improve the forward line is a one of those forwards between 180 and 190cm that’s good above their head but also above average athletically.

We only really have Frederick, Sturt and Banfield on our list that meet that description. It’d be ideal to have two of this sort of player in the team most weeks.

Whilst we’re likely to lose Colyer and Walters in the medium term, I’m not sure I’d be racing to recruit more sub-180cm forwards unless they’re really really good - like first round quality good.
Agree, unless you can get a Rachelle or a Pickett better off with athletic marking targets. Guys like Switta and Schultz are actually quite rare.

Stay healthy we’re a shot at the flag this year. I have no qualms in making that statement.

Our brand is currently phenomenal.

Our best is good enough.

Obviously Melbourne and Brisbane and a finals Geelong will be hard to beat but at that pointy end of the season you only need a smidge of luck.

We’re in this up to our eyeballs and have the excitement of more development to come and a sustained window of 3+ years.

That said, grab what’s in front of us this year.
I agree what i have seen this year our brand and profile is similar to Melbourne.

Melbourne probably have one or two more quality players in the middle. But our system stands up.

The only cavaet is finals experience. Not many players have it. But i jumped on believing we could win the comp after Essendon match and nothing has made feel any different since.

I cant wait for round 11 hopefully we dont get decimated by Covid and can pick our B22.

It was interesting listening to Dermott Breteton and Luke Hodge talk about us on sen. We will get 2 cracks at the demons before finals. But they both said it wouldn't be the worse thing to challenge Melbourne enough to be close but don't necessarily have to win.

Hodge said in 2008 Hawks lost to cats in the H&A but were close enough. Clarkson told them straight after the game if we get them in the GF we can get them they weren't far away.

Went onto the greatest GF ambush in the last 20 years.

Cameron Z from North fit that bill?
You know, that's a really good call. Good size, good defensively and exactly the kind of player we could make look a lot better in our team compared to a bottom 4 team. Wouldnt cost the world in trade capital either. I'm interested

Why do we need to score 90?

We’re holding teams goalless for long periods. We kept Geelong to 1 point in a term. 1 point!

The question I ask myself is different.

It’s can I see us keeping Melbourne to 60 points? Can I see us keeping Brisbane to 60 points? The answer is 100% yes.

But yes, being able to score a tad more freely or make the most of our entries will be important. That said, our percentage does suggest the difference between our attack and defense is the best in the league.

The St Kilda game (against Melb) got me thinking that we can compete with Melbourne. St Kilda are slow and move the ball like treacle. Against a well organised defence like Melbourne's they never looked like kicking a winning score. We will need to have the confidence to take them on (easier said than done against their centre square setup).
St kilda aren't a contender.

I reckon we will give Melbourne a better run in 3 weeks then the saints as our system is and defensive profile says we should go stronger then the saints.

They got us at a good time. We are different team from round 2 onwards.

I would almost say how they beat us in Round 2 is completely irrelevant now. We have more belief, trust and confidence in our structures which is growing by the week.

You know, that's a really good call. Good size, good defensively and exactly the kind of player we could make look a lot better in our team compared to a bottom 4 team. Wouldnt cost the world in trade capital either. I'm interested
Cameron Zurharr is 100% the type of player we need.
Or Fyfe plays that sort of role properly. None of this 60% mid 40% forward thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St kilda aren't a contender.

I reckon we will give Melbourne a better run in 3 weeks then the saints as our system is and defensive profile says we should go stronger then the saints.

They got us at a good time. We are different team from round 2 onwards.

I would almost say how they beat us in Round 2 is completely irrelevant now. We have more belief, trust and confidence in our structures which is growing by the week.
We went into the game with no Darcy, Serong from memory. Plus loaded our backs with Pearce, Hamling and Logue. The balance was shocking and they rectified it immediately and we’ve benefitted since.
Plus it was really just a 3rd quarter hammering.

We went into the game with no Darcy, Serong from memory. Plus loaded our backs with Pearce, Hamling and Logue. The balance was shocking and they rectified it immediately and we’ve benefitted since.
Plus it was really just a 3rd quarter hammering.
Was more do serong playing injured, darcy coming off injured, no taberner, and hamling/pearce/logue with no cox. Meek in the fwd line too. Balance was completely off and JL realised it. Even went as far to say that if meek was health last week he still wouldn't have been picked over treacy/amiss

Taylor, I hope that's just your "feeling in the force" but I would be guttered if Sturt wasn't on our list next year - as I've said before probably the most exciting player on our list.
We've waited a long time for him to come good and I agree, I don't want to lose him now

My belief has been building rapidly. The game plan has changed and our defense has been awesome.

The Cats game we had every reason to lose. Poor start. Whistle going Cats way. Looked jittery. Our outs.

Then after 15 mins it was literally played on our terms. We simply failed to score heavier against them.

Our mids and defense are flag worthy. Our forwards aren’t but we don’t need them to be top 4. They just need to play to their strengths and continue to develop and we win a flag.
I am 100% with you - we CAN win the flag this year. Will we?! I dunno, there's a lot to play out and just making finals was always my hope or personal objective - but we're right in the hunt, there's no doubt in my mind, we've announced ourselves as a surprise contender and even if we don't we'll give it a good shake meaning we go forward with some serious belief. In many ways we can't lose, as dumb as that sounds...we're so ridiculously young & talented I don't even know where to start, so the fact we're this cohesive THIS early is mental...with enforced outs due to Covid, no Fyfe; Darcy and a few others missing big chunks here & there, yet we keep collecting the 4 points and we look so organised, hard and dominant in the contests, especially when we get going, sometimes we take a bit.....but you see how supreme the likes of Chapman and Young etc look already, it's quite frightening to think where this group could go.

But let's do a J-Lo and take it week in....week out haha

Anyone else book flights after reading this or just me??

We've waited a long time for him to come good and I agree, I don't want to lose him now
Year 1 - 0 games (understandable)
Year 2 - 3 games
Year 3 - 1 game
Year 4 - no games so far

Taylor - do you know how many games he didn't get selected when actually fit vs injured?

Historical lack of opportunities seems to be due to his injuries or coming back from injuries vs being fit and available and not being selected.

If the latter, I'd understand if he wanted to leave (much like Clark leaving Geelong). If the former you'd hope he shows some loyalty with the club sticking with him through injuries (plus the chance to be part of something special with what we're building)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back