List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonygeeks:

ironic GIF
Love this meme. Spot on.

4 years at the Suns who paid for us to take Brodie. Amazing.

For those that haven’t been playing attention to Gold Coast (I don’t blame them), Chol and Levi Casboult are playing every game. Ouch.

Meanwhile they draft mids year after year and in some cases have given away very good players for nothing.

I really like Lobb, but he is not worth a first round pick.

we’d need a top 5 pack for jackson

You're conflating two different issues there.

His value in dollars is high, his value in trade will be high and the two are generally related but unlike buying a car where the price is set for all bidders in this case you are able to make a deal with the car, it will only park itself in your garage and then you come to a deal with the current owner of the car for whatever you can.

Lachie Weller wasn't worth pick #2 in trade, but he was contracted and Gold Coast had pick #2. If they had pick #4 he would have been traded for pick #4. If they pick #10 he would have been traded for pick #10.

We won't have a top five pick to trade for Luke Jackson.

There are two hurdles for Freo when it comes to Jackson and that's Melbourne's salary cap and West Coast's salary cap. That's it. If Melbourne can't afford his worth he will have to be traded, if West Coast can't afford it he can't be traded there.

Whatever we have will be what we have to trade for him.
Sorry Taylor. No chance. That's not how trading works in the slightest anyway. Teams regularly have to make other trades to get a trade done and despite what most think the trading of uncontracted players who want to come home who have star potential nearly always ends up in a fair trade. Eg. Tim Kelly or Jake Lever. Jackson's as promising a tall as Ive seen in a long time, It will take way more than what the Cerra trade was to get it done. No way he goes into the preseason as he'd be more likely to do a Papley and sign a short term contract with the team he knows.

Sorry Taylor. No chance. That's not how trading works in the slightest anyway. Teams regularly have to make other trades to get a trade done and despite what most think the trading of uncontracted players who want to come home who have star potential nearly always ends up in a fair trade. Eg. Tim Kelly or Jake Lever. Jackson's as promising a tall as Ive seen in a long time, It will take way more than what the Cerra trade was to get it done. No way he goes into the preseason as he'd be more likely to do a Papley and sign a short term contract with the team he knows.
I’ll ask you more on here because it’s easier then the draft board and you defs always are happy to hand over a lot for peeps, do you think two low teens first and Lobb is enough currency for Jackson?

For those that haven’t been playing attention to Gold Coast (I don’t blame them), Chol and Levi Casboult are playing every game. Ouch.

Meanwhile they draft mids year after year and in some cases have given away very good players for nothing.
I confess I watch some of their game on the weekend. Casboult was alright. But as a list management strategy whoohooo, bad, bad, bad.

If we don't have Darcy and Lobb I'm not certain we have a finals campaign. They would certainly obliterate a Meek/Chol combo.

If Darcy and Lobb beat Chol and Meek at SuperCoach or whatever this week I’ll unblock you and like all your posts for a year

If they don’t you have to block me and stop ******* quoting me

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

If Darcy and Lobb beat Chol and Meek at SuperCoach or whatever this week I’ll unblock you and like all your posts for a year

If they don’t you have to block me and stop ******* quoting me

Typical disingenuous post. Nothing wrong with the past 6 games to make an instant comparison.

And you are replying to a post I don't quote you or reference you in.

unless.... you are Chol.

Some pretty funny valuations of player trade values going on here as usual.
I have a proposed formula to get the actual real trade value of a player that Fremantle may be involved in (works for both a player leaving and coming to freo).

Step 1 is to get the opinion of Taylor. That is usually a ridiculously extreme optimistic value from Fremantles perspective. A good recent example was Jesse hogan supposedly being worth pick 3 the year we traded him to GWS.

Then to balance that we get the other extreme from Freomaniac. A good recent example was him regretfully informing this board last season that we’d do very well to get pick 18 for Adam Cerra in his view.

Land about half way between their respective valuations and that’s probably the ballpark of what the player being discussed is worth.
I reckon it would be a very reliable formula!

Also - I solemnly promise to gift a premium platinum big footy membership for 12 months to every person who has posted on this thread so far, if either Luke Jackson or Tim English find their way to west coast for free via the pre season draft in the 2022 trade period. There is a better chance of Andrew Gaff being the best man at Andy Brayshaws wedding than either of those scenarios happening.

Standing Bet to Be Honoured
Some pretty funny valuations of player trade values going on here as usual.
I have a proposed formula to get the actual real trade value of a player that Fremantle may be involved in (works for both a player leaving and coming to freo).

Step 1 is to get the opinion of Taylor. That is usually a ridiculously extreme optimistic value from Fremantles perspective. A good recent example was Jesse hogan supposedly being worth pick 3 the year we traded him to GWS.

Then to balance that we get the other extreme from Freomaniac. A good recent example was him regretfully informing this board last season that we’d do very well to get pick 18 for Adam Cerra in his view.

Land about half way between their respective valuations and that’s probably the ballpark of what the player being discussed is worth.
I reckon it would be a very reliable formula!

Also - I solemnly promise to gift a premium platinum big footy membership for 12 months to every person who has posted on this thread so far, if either Luke Jackson or Tim English find their way to west coast for free via the pre season draft in the 2022 trade period. There is a better chance of Andrew Gaff being the best man at Andy Brayshaws wedding than either of those scenarios happening.
Your formula is patentable imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snuffaluphagus I think this warrants a "Standing Bet to Be Honoured" threadmark

Typical disingenuous post. Nothing wrong with the past 6 games to make an instant comparison.

And you are replying to a post I don't quote you or reference you in.

unless.... you are Chol.

You’re a boring campaigner to argue with which is why I blocked you in the first place

I learnt my lesson in the Lyon days , bickering with people over pages and pages for no point just *s up the site for everyone

Block me and we can just get on with our lives aye

You’re a boring campaigner to argue with which is why I blocked you in the first place

I learnt my lesson in the Lyon days , bickering with people over pages and pages for no point just fu**s up the site for everyone

You quote him and then pretty much state arguing on this page is a waste of everyone’s time and ask to be left alone. You’re a fruitloop mate.

I learnt my lesson in the Lyon days , bickering with people over pages and pages for no point just fu**s up the site for everyone

I don't block anyone.

I also don't get it. You bring up Chol, and I recalled that you had liked him previously. It's a football discussion site. I'm discussing football, you are discussing me.

So do people think Neale will attempt to return to WA again this year?
And if so, what would be the price.
I’m not convinced he will stay in brisbane at all, have seen this kinda thing before. Saying all the right things now but unless a contract extension is signed by Neale at brisbane before trade week I wouldn’t bet on it

If Brisbane are going to have to pay a top three pick for Ashcroft then trading Neale for a top three pick from the Eagles will be a huge win for them.

I floated the trade in the Jackson main thread on drafts board but something like:

Pick #2 for Neale, Brisbane's first this season and next

Could work out for both parties, including Freo because it pushes the start date for their rebuild back until end of 2023

If Brisbane are going to have to pay a top three pick for Ashcroft then trading Neale for a top three pick from the Eagles will be a huge win for them.

I floated the trade in the Jackson main thread on drafts board but something like:

Pick #2 for Neale, Brisbane's first this season and next

Could work out for both parties, including Freo because it pushes the start date for their rebuild back until end of 2023
Only thing is they don’t do rebuilds at Lathlain. The eagles are too good for that. Instead they just do “periods of transition” 😂

Only thing is they don’t do rebuilds at Lathlain. The eagles are too good for that. Instead they just do “periods of transition” 😂
Well let's go right off the deep end...

...to follow on from that Neale trade for their pick #2, they could then trade their two Brisbane first round picks to GWS for Coniglio and GWS' pick #4

Sending their pick #20 to the Dogs for English

Trade pick #4 to Freo for our pick #15 and Logue

We trade pick #4 and Lobb to Melbourne for Jackson

Eagles walk out of the off season with Neale and Coniglio to bolster their midfield, English to lead their rucks, Logue to sure up defense and pick #23 at the draft to start.

That side should win eight to ten games a year.

But clearly Logue, Lobb and our first round pick would be a high price for us to pay to leave us exposed in defense.

...to follow on from that Neale trade for their pick #2, they could then trade their two Brisbane first round picks to GWS for Coniglio and GWS' pick #4

Eagles walk out of the off season with Neale and Coniglio to bolster their midfield, English to lead their rucks, Logue to sure up defense and pick #23 at the draft to start.

But clearly Logue, Lobb and our first round pick would be a high price for us to pay to leave us exposed in defense.
My head is spinning.

Logue is steak knives in any deal. Catch ya 👋

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back