Review 2022 Mid Season Draft - Wednesday June 1 @ 6.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Souup sums him up pretty well.

I'm probably going a bit harsh here but these are my honest thoughts as of right now:

Positives
  • Really athletic, great pace for his size and quite agile. Could potentially make for a solid 1v1 defender at AFL level.
  • Clean by hand under pressure
  • Kills the high ball quite well
Negatives
  • I don't know how to say this nicely - his kicking sucks. Notoriously underkicks it and if he's not taking a simple option such as a backwards kick or long down the line, he's a 50-50 shot at flat out turning it over.
  • Poor decision maker by foot. Like... really poor. Something I saw a number of occasions was a short/medium kick to a 1vs1 just outside his defensive 50m. This was the type of kick he tried under basically no pressure.
  • Lacks awareness. Both awareness of defenders close to him and when kicking to a target. Saw him a few times think he was clear of a defender only for them to lay some pressure on him and cause a turnover. When kicking to a target, I feel like at least once a game he tried to go a short/medium kick to a target and had it intercepted by a player that he should have seen near his target.
  • He's not an interceptor. If you remove a game in the wet against Brisbane in Round 9 where he had 7 intercept marks and 11 intercept possessions, he averages 1.8 intercept marks a game and 4.7 intercept possessions over 7 games this season. This is while playing for one of the worst sides in the VFL, where the ball is coming into his area a large number of times per game.
  • Favours marking on the chest over in the hands when intercepting.
If we want the K-mart Sam Frost, then he'll be an amazing pick-up.

Pretty crazy stuff if we use #2 at the MSD on him. Even if he was the best 1-on-1 defender in the country, with how poor he is by foot, he's going to hurt you a lot going the other way.
Wow - thats a decent write up to pass on him.

Eh? Pretty sure there's some sort of rules around academy 19s where they're off-limits for the extra year (as if they were still 18). I haven't re-read that part of the CBA for a while but I'm pretty sure there's a rule.

Also anyone that nominates for the MSD is fair game really. If some other club was going to pick them up, they should've done it 6 months ago, or promise to do it at the end of the year if they don't nominate.

Nope. He’s up for grabs mid season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why would you want to go interstate though for a 6 month contract at rookie wages? If you guarantee 18 months it may be a different story
To try your luck to make your dreams come true?
Also been happening with high end national draftees

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I didnt mention contracts , i mentioned draftees not wanting to move away from victoria.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

hard to take that Codesports thing seriously when they say that Kyle Langford is in Hawthorn's sights as a free agent

Why would you want to go interstate though for a 6 month contract at rookie wages? If you guarantee 18 months it may be a different story
Afl rookie wages are a lot more than most of these 22 year olds are earning

Live stream video is now available on the AFL website, though nothing is happening yet (just a 'starting soon' screen).
Apologies if it has been asked but is not on Fox footy or Kayo??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You weren't wrong. Jeez. At what time will a club draft someone!

pretty sure i heard west coast's pick will be at 7 AEST
Yeah it's usually around 7. Bit of bullshit before hand, 15 minutes of the actual draft and then waiting ages to find out what happened because they don't read it out when it happens and then they rush through it, and then fifteen minutes debriefing and they're gone before your head stops spinning

69245320.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back