MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not about winning but showing as a collective that we do not approve.

Bigger fish to fry.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk
Go outside for a bit. Have a walk and re-think.

How the hell do you think that not supporting your team when they need our support the most is frying bigger fish?

Wait so if AhChee doesn't hit his head on the turf, gets right up from an identical contest it's not a problem? AhChee took his eyes off the ball to look at Cripps before the contest, so knew exactly where he was, and STILL chose to contest without adequately protecting himself by turning his body so he call fall safely of bumped. It's a skill every player learns in training, how to protect yourself when falling from a bump.

So he gets hurt and the other player is rubbed out? How can the AFL protect players heads when they provide motivation and reward for going into contests recklessly without protecting yourself?

Sas that he was concussed, but ffs.

On SM-F711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is definutely frustrating - would it have been 2 weeks if it was the first round of finals for a winking top 4 team? I reckon not... on the other hand, if this happened in round 4 and we were sitting 4-0 on top of the ladder I think we would wear 2 weeks quite happily

However, let's not let Cripps off the hook here either. That was a dumb act: he was late to the contest and jumped knowing he would likely make contact. He knocked the bloke out...

Unfortunately, as Captain, he's let us down at the worst possible moment. Maybe there's a fairytale finals appearance and a chance to redeem himself but geez, if this doesn't highlight the poor leadership rife throughout our club then what does?

Player 1 half commits to a contest which he had an option to pull out of when he took eyes off ball to see Player 2, goes in without protecting himself, does not position adequately to fall safely if bumped (trained from childhood to do so), hits head on deck and sees stars. Very unfortunate, sad he was concussed.

Player 2 who was trying to take possession of ball (object of actual game) cleans up player 1, gets suspended.

What?

On SM-F711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did people really believe he'd get off? Not a chance.

Call it an AFL conspiracy all you want, but once the player is concussed from that action, there was really no coming back from that. Not with how the current rules are implemented, anyway.

This will force us to play Walsh purely on ball, where he belongs.

This is exactly why I posted this yesterday:

He collected Ah Chee, yes.

He didn't leap at Ah Chee.

It was the result of his action that will get Cripps suspended.

It wasn't malicious. Wrong place, wrong time.

This is an outcome-oriented tribunal.

Cripps was screwed because of the outcome and not because it was a dog act (it wasn't).

Spare me the conspiracies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about winning but showing as a collective that we do not approve.

Bigger fish to fry.

The only fish you're frying by not supporting our boys in their biggest back-to-back home and away games in pretty much the past 20 years is the monogram.

The boys need your support for the next two weeks more than ever.

Get behind them. Show OUR team the passion that you have for the club.

This is why I stayed on Sunday when we got ten goals down and could've walked out, as did every Carlton fan around me.

If you don't want the club to quit on you then quitting on them is not the way to do it.

I agree mate. Time to watch basketball or soccer… oh s**t, wil just be same same…
Might watch Rugby from now on - it’s still a contact sport.

Despite the Cactus Hat wearing gremlins running the game at AFL and Tribunal level, this club will always find a way to win back your heart and trust of the game.

Maybe this is the type of backs against the wall stuff this playing group needs to galvanize itself for an against all odds win against the Dees and or Filth.

Miracles do happen in footy, and we are well overdue for one so who knows ?

I ain't throwing in the towel, neither are the coaches or players and neither should you or anyone else here :)

:carlton: #ECI

If you feel so strongly why not go and hold up an "AFL scapegoated Cripps " banner? Might actually go some way to get your point across as opposed to a couple of people sitting at home thinking "well we showed them".
Nah mate, I'll keep supporting the club by flicking them my "hard earned" each year and showing the AFL my displeasure this weekend by staying away this weekend.

I'll be back next week and next year and the next year and the next as I have since the 1990s.

I didn't go to a game for years after Williams was stitched up, made me feel heaps better:)

I haven't bought KFC since they charged me for tomato sauce in the early 2000s, that showed em

Nah mate, I'll keep supporting the club by flicking them my "hard earned" each year and showing the AFL my displeasure this weekend by staying away this weekend.

I'll be back next week and next year and the next year and the next as I have since the 1990s.

I didn't go to a game for years after Williams was stitched up, made me feel heaps better:)

I haven't bought KFC since they charged me for tomato sauce in the early 2000s, that showed em
emoji1787.png

You do realise that Melbourne F.C. get the gate for this week's game?

Despite the Cactus Hat wearing gremlins running the game at AFL and Tribunal level, this club will always find a way to win back your heart and trust of the game.

Maybe this is the type of backs against the wall stuff this playing group needs to galvanize itself for an against all odds win against the Dees and or Filth.

Miracles do happen in footy, and we are well overdue for one so who knows ?

I ain't throwing in the towel neither are the coaches or players and neither should you or anyone else here :)

:carlton: #ECI

You threw in the towel days ago Elmer.

#eco

backing up homer simpson GIF

ecoperformance.gif

Least I can says i haven't been this stage out of losing emotional investment in team at this stage of the season in years.

So that is something
Just play the kids for the rest of the season, even if we somehow Bradbury our way into the finals, we would just get steamrolled anyway

Send the players who need off season surgery to get it already and plan for season 2023 already.

Embrace being #eco and start the pragmatic approach of preparing for season 2023 and beyond.

They need to change the name of the game because it is so far removed from AFL its comical. A rule change here a change of interpretation there and it’s a new ball game. Well done .

Tomato sauce whilst a fine condiment in some situations should NEVER go anywhere near the delicious morsels of juicy, skin covered goodness that is one of the Colonel's finest.

Worse call than not turning up to the game!!😆

Tomato sauce whilst a fine condiment in some situations should NEVER go anywhere near the delicious morsels of juicy, skin covered goodness that is one of the Colonel's finest.

Worse call than not turning up to the game!!😆
SPOILER

Remove this Banner Ad

Back