Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

My compensation was receiving a phone call from the club telling me that I must not have read their instructions correctly. They then sent a follow up email with steps on how to redeem tickets. They don’t believe that I wasn’t able to access Level 2.

fu** heads at the club right now. Seriously.

No doubt I’ll get another call from a marketer wanting me to buy exclusive raffle tickets.
So the club comes out and previously states there are issues with members accessing their paid for seats, and members will be compensated. The response is "you must have read the instructions wrong, so it's your fault"!

FFS and this club wonders why they can't build our membership numbers with this sort of treatment!

This. This is the norm.
You’ll get called a sook but the reality is the club doesn’t have the resources to be able to meet the bare minimums that are needed to service 40,000 members.

We run a tight ship. Even tighter now due to covid.
The reality is members need to get over their frustrations about stuff ups and mistakes and try and accept that this is the status quo.

I guess when some are spending upwards of 600-800 dollars a year the least the club could do was not be incompetent but you’d be a fool to think otherwise.

The crux of the matter is I pay $600 a year to keep the club running and so that my kids and grandkids can support the bloody bastards when I’m gone.
As much as I’d like to believe that the long running issues around membership and ticketing, merchandise and selling games will be perfect, it sadly won’t be.
I guess in my head I wait for the perfect scenario where we are successful, playing 11 home games out of Melbourne, regularly get 30,000 plus crowds to home games and have over 50,000 members - and all will be right in the world.
It’s achievable but right now seems so far away.

The overall experience as a north member for the better part of 2 decades when you think about it has been quite negative.
40k+ Members ha and only 13k+ members attend the game this club has the worst attending membership to games with iv seen.
It’s D Day in a couple of weeks we don’t get a massive membership and supporter turn out on Good Friday it will be the last one we host because TRUST
Me in saying this the Scum-dogs with white ant us and wouldn’t be surprised if they are already working behind our backs with either a Scumwood or drug cheats club to play the game at either Marvel or the MCG in 2022.
We as members and supporters need to turn up to games otherwise the Caroline Wilson types will continue to come after us .

Gees I wasn't aware at how poor the turnout was. That is a worry. Any ideas why the figure was so low?

I think there's a few factors. 1, the pre-purchasing tickets is a pain for the casual supporter. Last minute my son asked to come yesterday but I'd already secured my tickets on Tuesday, so wasn't possible to add him. 2, There would have been very few neutrals at the game as it wasn't possible just to rock up. 3. Very few fans would have travelled from Adelaide - who would risk getting stuck interstate? 4. It's a top vs bottom game, only the most dedicated supporters would go. 5. Finally, NMFC are expected to get flogged this year, we've got a full team of new players and our best few missing from the side... not everyone is as rusted on as we are and excited to see the kids get smashed.

I wasn't surprised at the crowd. It was 4k under the last two years and could be expected IMO.

I think there's a few factors. 1, the pre-purchasing tickets is a pain for the casual supporter. Last minute my son asked to come yesterday but I'd already secured my tickets on Tuesday, so wasn't possible to add him. 2, There would have been very few neutrals at the game as it wasn't possible just to rock up. 3. Very few fans would have travelled from Adelaide - who would risk getting stuck interstate? 4. It's a top vs bottom game, only the most dedicated supporters would go. 5. Finally, NMFC are expected to get flogged this year, we've got a full team of new players and our best few missing from the side... not everyone is as rusted on as we are and excited to see the kids get smashed.

I wasn't surprised at the crowd. It was 4k under the last two years and could be expected IMO.
Sums it up well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also clashed with a s**t load of local sport.
I couldn’t attend for this reason. Something that fans of perennial Friday and Saturday night games would know nothing about.

The crowd hasn’t actually been reported, nor has the crowd for Hawthorn vs Essendon.

Might be that it’s not 100% with the strange ticketing requirements.

That would make a lot of sense. I as well as the people I was at the game with all thought that it felt like much more than 13k, considering the activity on the concourse, noise (in the first qtr), and just by eyeballing how full the stands appeared. Seemed comparable with a crowd much closer to 20k.

There are also still plenty of people who for various reasons aren't yet ready to resume being in crowds and travelling on public transport - and as noted above the ways the tickets were sold you have to be ok spending hours closer than you've been for a year to people you don't live with, and they are shouting. It's still a weird time and I don'tthink it's ok right now to be carrying on trying to guilt people who weren'tthere. I was andthere was a geat vibe on the train and in the stands (and I moved to a an emptyish row to avoid that discomfort).

Yes Public transport is a problem, more so than going to the stadium itself, left 10mins early to get the train back to Geelong, was already full to the standing room so waited for the next one, got a seat but then that ended up being full of people in the isle standing.

Does anyone know how the ground was divided into zones? It was possible to move around to different seats etc so there is still a chance of meeting up with friends you didnt buy tickets with. Just unsure where the divide was.. have to make sure in the same section

Disappointing - the club thinks they were on top of the fugg ups at Ticketmaster. Seriously delusional.

Never thought I’d ever even be thinking about pulling my membership. But it’s barely worth it from a personal enjoyment perspective with the way things are and a slap in the face from our membership growth manager.

All that bullshit over members having to get tickets and 13k show up

Club is so out of touch with its members right now.

Not sure it’s all club’s fault. I was there and couldn’t wait for the gameday to come up, it’s been 18 months without live footy. Not sure why so many chose to watch it on TV. I’m sick of hearing excuses like s**t time slot, tickets process is too complicated etc.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure it’s all club’s fault. I was there and couldn’t wait for the gameday to come up, it’s been 18 months without live footy. Not sure why so many chose to watch it on TV. I’m sick of hearing excuses like sh*t time slot, tickets process is too complicated etc.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm with you, I live in Perth, and every chance I get I go to a game. I sign up every year knowing that I will get to 3-4 games max. All this bullshit about who is on the board, trouble getting tickets is crap. The only excuse I get is family reasons and living interstate. Trouble with tickets is crap, every time I have needed something from the club one call or email sorts it out.

If you love the club and can afford it, swallow your crap and sign up. And organise your week to go, its not like you don't have notice. If we actually start turning up we might get better time slots

Does anyone know how the ground was divided into zones? It was possible to move around to different seats etc so there is still a chance of meeting up with friends you didnt buy tickets with. Just unsure where the divide was.. have to make sure in the same section
Concourse was gated off near I was. Didn't see them letting anyone through.

Not only zones, in my bay there was tape at one end so we had to get in and out from the other end only.

You aren’t supposed to change seats but I have twice now to move away from people I thought were too close for comfort, and security don’t seem to care as long as no-one else wants those seats. Only within my zone, though.

I couldn't make the game, I had work on Sunday and the nature of my role is going to make it pretty hard to attend games this year. Still bought an 11 game membership (and an AFLW membership) because I believe in the club etc., but WOOF. Why is everything such a *in pain in the arse now? Feel like it'd be easier to get a new phone set up every week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back