Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Question for Good Friday.

I go every year with a couple of casuals who aren't members. Am I right in saying that I won't be able to get tickets, so we can all sit together?
You can still book with them, however you'll have to forgoe your spot in the member queue and book tickets when available for the general public (if any tickets are left).

FWIW - Staggering the level of complication booking seats when from where I sat there was no rhyme or reason as to where people were sitting. The stadium was barely a quarter full yet people were allocated seats directly next to us (which I was fine with BTW). Sitting in our regularly allocated reserved seats would have literally had the same social distancing achievement.

******* waste of everyone's time.

FWIW - Staggering the level of complication booking seats when from where I sat there was no rhyme or reason as to where people were sitting. The stadium was barely a quarter full yet people were allocated seats directly next to us (which I was fine with BTW). Sitting in our regularly allocated reserved seats would have literally had the same social distancing achievement.

You can see why people couldn't be bothered with it.

These AFL campaigners carry on as if they are doing the spectators a favor.

You can see why people couldn't be bothered with it.

These AFL campaigners carry on as if they are doing the spectators a favor.

Meh. It's a pain but I'll still go to every home game. FWIW it was great to just be back at the footy and I enjoyed yesterday more than any single game I watched on a screen last year. Nothing beats live footy.

Yeah you could see it on level 2, it looked like they had sold the first 4 rows or so but the back 10 rows of so had no one in them. THe approach they took to the A league was you are sold a row but not a specific seat and you could sit anywhere in the row as long as you kept 2 seats distance to the next person not in your party.

Official attendance

ATTENDANCES
Richmond v Carlton, MCG: 49,218
Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, MCG: 46,051
Melbourne v Fremantle, MCG: 21,365
Adelaide v Geelong, Adelaide Oval: 26,985
Essendon v Hawthorn, Marvel Stadium: 25,128
Brisbane v Sydney, the Gabba: 22,726
North Melbourne v Port Adelaide, Marvel Stadium: 13,050
GWS GIANTS v St Kilda, GIANTS Stadium: 5,014
West Coast v Gold Coast, Optus Stadium: 38,493

I don’t think crowds will return to pre covid levels for a very long time. No walk ups, no more spur of the moment “let’s go to the footy” casuals, the complexity for a lot of people about booking online etc, the inability to go with mates who have different types of memberships or who aren’t members, the happy to just watch it on tv now fan will all have an impact.....Not everyone out there is hardcore or rusted on like most on here.

I don’t think crowds will return to pre covid levels for a very long time. No walk ups, no more spur of the moment “let’s go to the footy” casuals, the complexity for a lot of people about booking online etc, the inability to go with mates who have different types of memberships or who aren’t members, the happy to just watch it on tv now fan will all have an impact.....Not everyone out there is hardcore or rusted on like most on here.

A couple of mates of mine who I stand with every week had their first experience of level 3 on Sunday. Both have declared that’s not for them and won’t be back until they can take their usual spot on the concourse. God knows when that will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowds locked in at 75%.

We simply must get a minimum of 35k to Good Friiday, but the big one for me is Round 4.

We simply must get 20k to our Adelaide home match. The club needs to build this up as much as possible.

For anyone looking for a source. Seems odd though AFL says unlikely, then very next day all good. Surely they would have known.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back