Opinion 2022 Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggested him in the Planning Thread, got poo-poo'd.

He's ripe to go SP imo, just needs to shake a tag better and he'll be pushing 120+

high-five-top-gun.gif

I suggested him in the Planning Thread, got poo-poo'd.

He's ripe to go SP imo, just needs to shake a tag better and he'll be pushing 120+
So which players aren't taggable .....Steele, Touk Touk ...about it

If Touk Touk can out run opponents, Walsh should be able to likewise ....Oliver, Zerrett, and others have been successfully tagged where clubs have shown a will to tag

Brayshaw, another PS to be even fitter ....wih Cerra gone, and Fyfe ??? ....I'm hoping Brayshaw steps up, particularly if there's a Captaincy change

If Touk Touk can out run opponents, Walsh should be able to likewise ....Oliver, Zerrett, and others have been successfully tagged where clubs have shown a will to tag

Brayshaw, another PS to be even fitter ....wih Cerra gone, and Fyfe ??? ....I'm hoping Brayshaw steps up, particularly if there's a Captaincy change
Jack Macrae never seems effected by a tag, doesn't get many though. They usually go to the Bont. Just another reason to pick him.

Does Steele get tagged? That would just even more contested possessions.

With cerra gone would brayshaw get more attention and get tagged more often by the opposition?

With cerra gone would brayshaw get more attention and get tagged more often by the opposition?
Possible .....but if you're going to choose a midfielder in your top 5-6 players, they have to be either the #1 or #2 midfielder for that club

Just think ATS Brayshaw represents great value .....expecting he'll end up being a M7 / M8 in my final side

Possible .....but if you're going to choose a midfielder in your top 5-6 players, they have to be either the #1 or #2 midfielder for that club

Just think ATS Brayshaw represents great value .....expecting he'll end up being a M7 / M8 in my final side
More than likely mate, hopefully he will be a great pick and go to another level this year

What’s the word on Gresh?

We all know Shiel is sh*t, but his best can be serviceable - stepping stone type… pity the campaigner can’t kick.
I’m expecting Gresh to mainly play up fwd next year coming back from Achilles injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver & Laird - both able to go large, and not many points being taken off Laird at CROM, but very close call
Vs
Walsh & Petracca

Big O v Marshall - don't understand the Big O hype (cringe), provided he is fit Marshall is the better more consistent scorer, regardless of Ryder
Short
v Daniel - going for a risk here, but think Short is on an upward trajectory, whilst Daniel getting tagged out still haunts me

The 'hype' over Oscar revolves around his form at the end of last season, from Round 15 onwards when he averaged 115 over 9 games with nothing under 90 and a high of 148.

For 500k that's good buying, if that's him now and you get a 115 average from him for the whole season, which is possible. I mean he might even keep improving.

I've just recently tipped him out of my team for Grundy, because of fears that Fort might take some work from him and lower that average but I might still reverse that, because the 130k difference in price is quite handy and there probably isn't that level of difference between their likely outputs. I.e. Oscar is better value

Witts & Dunkley
V
Big O & Gresh

Of those options, probably Witts and Dunks.

Having said that, I'm a bit worried about the likelihood of Dunks missing games to injury.

11 games each the past two seasons.

It's damned if you do or don't I reckon. I'm tempted to leave him, but then he'll average 135 for the first month and I'll feel the need to burn a trade to get him in. Then he'll get injured. That's what happened last year, I got a single score from the kent.

Didn't you reckon Gresh wasn't going to get the midfield time it has been rumoured he was going to get?

Of those options, probably Witts and Dunks.

Having said that, I'm a bit worried about the likelihood of Dunks missing games to injury.

11 games each the past two seasons.

It's damned if you do or don't I reckon. I'm tempted to leave him, but then he'll average 135 for the first month and I'll feel the need to burn a trade to get him in. Then he'll get injured. That's what happened last year, I got a single score from the kent.

Didn't you reckon Gresh wasn't going to get the midfield time it has been rumoured he was going to get?
I’m assuming ease him into it up fwd with spurts in the middle or I could be completely wrong & he will play full time mid just like pre injury..

berry...hannaberry...caldberry ? same price , im leaning hannaberry if any
Berry .....resilience and injury will play a big part next season .....can't carry too many injury prone players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back