Opinion 2022 Player X vs Y vs Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factoring in price, Curnow > Coleman > Rioli > Gresham

Hey Ingy what are your thoughts on Charlie Dean I've heard a few people say he could be in the starting 22

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Ingy what are your thoughts on Charlie Dean I've heard a few people say he could be in the starting 22
Yeah it wouldn't surprise. Apparently he's been training well.

I dunno about Round 1, but he seems to be in the mix for early games.

Keane has left the building, Kelly's training as a forward, not too many in front of him

Yeah it wouldn't surprise. Apparently he's been training well.

I dunno about Round 1, but he seems to be in the mix for early games.

Keane has left the building, Kelly's training as a forward, not too many in front of him

I have had him parked at D8 for a while now I might end up starting with him if he dosen't play early will be a good loop at $102k

Pre season watch on role
Upside is gresham who’s averaged 80’s before and nay get midfield time
Coleman finished strong but reports of zorko moving back may affect his scoring? Answerth another fighting for that spot
Rioli looks great and would be my pick here as we know he’ll start at half back in the Houli role. We saw how well the gulls did last year and the aim would be to find the impey/hall/ziebell of this year which imo he is most likely
Curnow apparently fit and firing and a better price. But will find it harder in his role to score then the others. It’s the kpp syndrome. Who scores easier, Curnow at chf relying on contested marks and goals vs Rioli taking kick outs and getting cheap marks/along with Coleman who’s similar or gresham pinch hitting in the middle crumbing goals and getting 20+ a game
Yeah I’m not sold on anything with Coleman except price atm. With Rich and Zorko back there, how much cheap pill will there be? Even Harris Andrews rolls off opponents and scores well. will be a wait and see for me I think.

Significant

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeo and Rowell

or

Walsh (or another SP) and Finlay

Top option is off the beaten path, yet i feel i've been stitched by getting fallen premo's and midpricers for the last couple of years and it hasn't worked.

Might just stick with G&R in 2022.
Fairly certain Yeo has had a stop start preseason with a few setbacks, so that doesn't fill me with hope. IMO Rowell is the key to this comparison also. If he looks to be a 105+ player, then the first option for sure.

Fairly certain Yeo has had a stop start preseason with a few setbacks, so that doesn't fill me with hope. IMO Rowell is the key to this comparison also. If he looks to be a 105+ player, then the first option for sure.

Yeo just being managed. There's no setbacks they are just giving him sessions off to make sure he's cherry ripe and not overloaded.

For me Mcrae is the main one. I'm not frothing over him as a rookie like some others are. Will need to reassess this one come pre season.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Yeo and Rowell

or

Top option is off the beaten path, yet i feel i've been stitched by getting fallen premo's and midpricers for the last couple of years and it hasn't worked.

GnR in the mid's. You need as many SP's as you can get come the end of the year and neither Yeo nor Rowell will be that.

Yeo and Rowell

or

Walsh & Finlay

I hope he goes SP this year, but suspect he'll be 90-100.

He is training the house down apparently.

So is everybody this time of year even me. I ate and drank so much they pulled down half the house to get me out to go to work NOW THAT'S TRAINING THE HOUSE DOWN🍻

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
So is everybody this time of year even me. I ate and drank so much they pulled down half the house to get me out to go to work NOW THAT'S TRAINING THE HOUSE DOWN🍻
Living your best life!

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony
Episode 5 Drinking GIF by The Bachelor

Significant

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Going with a 4-5-2-1 structure with Whitfield, Neale, Grundy, Dunkley the lowest $$ term on each line, plus Coniglio and Curnow, but three on field forward rookies doesn't inspire.

Oliver and 3rd on-field forward rookie

vs

Rowell and De Goey

ATM from a structure perspective, I think I need that extra forward, unless rookies pop their heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back