VFL 2022 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think you are confusing this as an SSP option, should a player get through the drafts

Can’t be a DFA if never listed.
I've been seeking clarification on that, so if you're able to point to a ruling somewhere, that'd be helpful. If we can get current MSD nominees, that would be a huge boon for bringing in some talent to develop.

It's possible for any formerly delisted player to be signed as a DFA, with the exception of retired players, under the proviso that players who left their current club cannot go straight back. That's how Skinner went to Port this year after being delisted at the end of 2020.

Donuts...

Wow!!!

As an international fan I get to watch the ressies games on youtube, great to see it. Thanks to carlton blues fans for the uploads👍.
I watched Akuei pretty closely as he gets a fair wrap from commentators. He was basically unsighted vs Pies until the last quarter. He dropped some relatively basic marks. Generally playing behind his man in the forward line so didnt get any front and centre. Had an influential contest in our defensive 50. His major contribution along with some handy body work to clear our crumbers in contested play. Overall disappointing in what Ive seen so far, almost gets a few marks with height and speed....almost. If he could hang on to a few more it would make a difference. Theres some athleticism there, and signs of aggresion at the ball but generally ineffective.
Tyreece Leiu has been pretty handy in the backline over the season, makes a solid pairing alongside Durdin.
Crocker had a great game v pies. Covered lots of ground, handy outlet play. When he was around it was very clean with the footy, kicked an important goal off the run in the 4th quater.
Cahill is a nuggety little forward, some handy goals from him. Not sure on his future, Id like to see him converted into a lock down back pocket if he was to go into the afl.

Im not sure what happens with modern footy. But our flat footed defensive zone drives me nuts. Its the same with the AFL squad. Guarding grass and the ball is moved out far too easily.
The kick out from points for the opposition routinely clears the fifty with ease. I saw three kicks go into mid field in that final.
Zones in the NFL arent static, they sag off to influence the ball movement or close down lanes. At all times the defensive backs are moving when the ball is in play.
I dont understand why we dont just man up or at least be moving in the zone to make it a bit harder to thread it out. Most kickouts tend to get to midfield before someone even makes a contest.

As an international fan I get to watch the ressies games on youtube, great to see it. Thanks to carlton blues fans for the uploads👍.
I watched Akuei pretty closely as he gets a fair wrap from commentators. He was basically unsighted vs Pies until the last quarter. He dropped some relatively basic marks. Generally playing behind his man in the forward line so didnt get any front and centre. Had an influential contest in our defensive 50. His major contribution along with some handy body work to clear our crumbers in contested play. Overall disappointing in what Ive seen so far, almost gets a few marks with height and speed....almost. If he could hang on to a few more it would make a difference. Theres some athleticism there, and signs of aggresion at the ball but generally ineffective.
Tyreece Leiu has been pretty handy in the backline over the season, makes a solid pairing alongside Durdin.
Crocker had a great game v pies. Covered lots of ground, handy outlet play. When he was around it was very clean with the footy, kicked an important goal off the run in the 4th quater.
Cahill is a nuggety little forward, some handy goals from him. Not sure on his future, Id like to see him converted into a lock down back pocket if he was to go into the afl.
Yeah. Akuei teasers with athleticism but so often he almost marks a ball or almost handles well and then fumbles that by last two rounds of watching i do not hold out much hope anymore. Real pity. Some people either have it or not with certain sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back