VFL 2022 Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

meh... it was such a good story and they did call him a couple of times. Probably a toppy.

It would be interesting to know the numbers of people using the streaming service.
I think he did (Sheather contested the ruck) the week before the bye when Amartey went down early the first time, and we didn't have Sincs in the team (like last week). To be fair, we gave a shot to quite a few that week.

Horse's religion is based on a settled back 6 (7 or even 8) and he only changes when he thinks it will improve things. He dropped Fox last year after 3 games in a row where he made significant errors. But exchanged like for like. Those three guys have WAY more credit points and no readymade replacements. Using McInerney and Florent is an attempt to improve and I for one approve, even if it doesn't work out.
I think Fox for Lloyd would be good lol

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Horse's religion is based on a settled back 6 (7 or even 8) and he only changes when he thinks it will improve things. He dropped Fox last year after 3 games in a row where he made significant errors. But exchanged like for like. Those three guys have WAY more credit points and no readymade replacements. Using McInerney and Florent is an attempt to improve and I for one approve, even if it doesn't work out.
I agree. We have a surplus of potentionally very good midfielders but no clear depth amongst our defenders. To me it is the clear the ceiling on guys like COR and Fox has been met. Both are solid fringe players but if they push their way into the best 22, I suspect we will struggle for a top 4 position. However, Florent, who has a much higher ceiling than the other two, could become an elite defender.

I agree. We have a surplus of potentionally very good midfielders but no clear depth amongst our defenders. To me it is the clear the ceiling on guys like COR and Fox has been met. Both are solid fringe players but if they push their way into the best 22, I suspect we will struggle for a top 4 position. However, Florent, who has a much higher ceiling than the other two, could become an elite defender.
Florent may have a higher ceiling (but not necessarily as a defender, it's too soon to say). Outside of an in form Cunningham, our best small/med defensive options are COR and Fox. Fox has been given a couple of good runs at this, against talls and smalls. Initially successful, but was dropped last year, and hasn't had the opportunity to work his way back in this year. COR just doesn't get enough opportunity imo, and would strengthen us at the back, allowing Campbell not to have to be a one-on-one defender. I'd back us in for top 4 more if we played one of them (assuming they were in form), than giving games to Bell, Wicks (until the Covid protocols reset that), or if Ronke, Hayward etc have quiet runs.

You may well be right. Certainly I agree that the guys have reached their ceilings. Best 30 for sure but maybe not that last bit you hope for.

Fox was playing tall week
In week out ( Hawkins lol ) and should never had been dropped for the dud melican

He would be an ideal medium to small defender
We just had a patch last year where Fox had a few quiet games, with some mistakes. Brand wasn't sighted after the Port game and THAT handpass attempt between a Port forwards legs. Melican became the remaining option and had worked back to fitness, just not form. In hindsight, probably should have just kept playing Fox or given Brand another go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GoalsBehinds
3​
Dylan Stephens
4​
Ryan Clarke
15​
Sam Wicks
17​
Will Gould
18​
Callum Sinclair
20​
Sam Reid
28​
Lewis Taylor
31​
Tom Hickey
32​
James Bell
33​
Marc Sheather
34​
Matthew Roberts
35​
Barry O’Connor
36​
Joel Amartey
37​
Corey Warner
38​
Colin O'Riordan
41​
Lachlan Rankin
42​
Robbie Fox
43​
Lewis Melican
46​
Lachlan McAndrew
51​
Will Collis
52​
Nic Shipley
53​
Jake Bartholomaeus
55​
Harry Morrison

GoalsBehinds
3​
Dylan Stephens50
4​
Ryan Clarke02
15​
Sam Wicks01
17​
Will Gould
18​
Callum Sinclair21
20​
Sam Reid04
28​
Lewis Taylor22
31​
Tom Hickey20
32​
James Bell01
33​
Marc Sheather20
34​
Matthew Roberts11
35​
Barry O’Connor
36​
Joel Amartey30
37​
Corey Warner
38​
Colin O'Riordan
41​
Lachlan Rankin
42​
Robbie Fox
43​
Lewis Melican
46​
Lachlan McAndrew11
51​
Will Collis
52​
Nic Shipley
53​
Jake Bartholomaeus
55​
Harry Morrison

Did I do it right?

GoalsBehinds
3​
Dylan Stephens
4​
Ryan Clarke
15​
Sam Wicks
17​
Will Gould
18​
Callum Sinclair
20​
Sam Reid
28​
Lewis Taylor
31​
Tom Hickey
32​
James Bell
33​
Marc Sheather
34​
Matthew Roberts
35​
Barry O’Connor
36​
Joel Amartey
37​
Corey Warner
38​
Colin O'Riordan
41​
Lachlan Rankin
42​
Robbie Fox
43​
Lewis Melican
46​
Lachlan McAndrew
51​
Will Collis
52​
Nic Shipley
53​
Jake Bartholomaeus
55​
Harry Morrison
Ruck Jesus in the twos.

Blasphemy.

Hickey straight into the ruck and Taylor racking up touches is what the stats are telling me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back