Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been around this place a long time. I got sick of keyboard genius. That's why I started asking everyone to put their reputation on the line with prediction threads and the like. How about you put your view out on what our players are worth? What's Sholl worth, what's Berg worth, what's Crouch worth, Frampton?? Obviously you don't rate Berg very highly. We'll see how you go. Catchya around trade week.

EDIT: I'll even let you have 20 pick ranges. How about that?

Contracted Sholl who can’t get a game for a rebuilding side who lack footskills: Pick 30-45

Uncontracted Himmelberg who is depth only for most AFL teams including ours: 40-60

Contracted Crouch who will clearly never play another game for us and both parties can’t wait to see the back of one another: 45-65

Uncontracted Frampton: 50-delisted FA

I think Sholl is a slim chance of a 2nd but it's hard to make a case when he's playing SANFL.

That said we probably wouldn't trade him for less than a 2nd given his contract
? Sholl is playing twos because we know he wants to go, otherwise would've played a dozen this year. No point developing a player for someone else, play em in the reserves and get someone in who wants to be here long term.

I think Sholl is a slim chance of a 2nd but it's hard to make a case when he's playing SANFL.

That said we probably wouldn't trade him for less than a 2nd given his contract
I agree maybe a 2nd but the fact he's in 2s makes it less likely. It really depends if someone is chasing him and keen or if we are more or less happy to free up the list spot so semi encouraging him to look elsewhere.

North had the chance to pick Rachele.. they chose JHF instead.

Now that looks like it has completely backfired on them..

What we have seen from both Rachele and JHF so far in their first year is pretty even if you ask me..

And if you really want to look further you could actually argue that Rachele, due to the covid s**t, missed a good chunk of two years of football, unlike JHF who was able to comtinue on playing in the SANFL, so his form this year would be expected to be a bit more hamstrung than JHF’s..

End of the day though.. North picked JHF.. that’s on them.. its not on Adelaide to have to somehow come to the party and offer up their young promising prospect so that north can right their wrong..

If north want rachele they can give us JHF and a pick for him.. not the *ing other way around!

At this point in time its not beyond the realms of possibility that Rachele may actually end up being a better player than JHF.

I definitely feel that Rachele has far more room for development left in him than JHF has and possibly a higher ceiling..

He certainly has a far better attitude to start with and to be honest I would rate Rachele’s skills a lot higher than JHF.. even last year I thought JHF’s skills were being far too overhyped by the media..

Exactly. JHF has had far from a standout season and has some big red flags over his head given the lack of discipline cited by NM for dropping him twice.

If JHF asks to leave and NM agree they are in a very weak selling position. The only thing that’s gets the value back is a bidding war between Crows and Power. I don’t think either club is giving a top 8 pick plus top 3 young star at their club (Rachele, Thilthorpe, Fog — Butters, Marshall, Rozee). I highly doubt it will be two firsts - the closest to that offer would be the Power with Bergman who was a pick 14

I

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

himm isnt even worth a second rounder.

I tend to agree but statistically he goes pretty close. Averages over a goal a game as a forward but watching him I agree

At this stage we may not even offer him a contract so the point will be moot. If by some crazy move we offer him a two year deal and someone else wants him then you probably can lever out a pick 35-55 depending on the buyer (or later pick going back )

Contracted Sholl who can’t get a game for a rebuilding side who lack footskills: Pick 30-45

Uncontracted Himmelberg who is depth only for most AFL teams including ours: 40-60

Contracted Crouch who will clearly never play another game for us and both parties can’t wait to see the back of one another: 45-65

Uncontracted Frampton: 50-delisted FA
Yep. these are the players who will give us points for michelanny

Exactly. JHF has had far from a standout season and has some big red flags over his head given the lack of discipline cited by NM for dropping him twice.

If JHF asks to leave and NM agree they are in a very weak selling position. The only thing that’s gets the value back is a bidding war between Crows and Power. I don’t think either club is giving a top 8 pick plus top 3 young star at their club (Rachele, Thilthorpe, Fog — Butters, Marshall, Rozee). I highly doubt it will be two firsts - the closest to that offer would be the Power with Bergman who was a pick 14

I

Not sure how North are in a weak selling position if he asks to leave and they say yes.

Either they get what they ask for for him (which will be the world) or he stays and sees out his contract for next season.

They have full control of the situation as they can simply refuse any trade that isnt massive overs.

I cant see them trading him regardless. If they get Clarkson they will back themselves in to turning him, and their relationship with him, around.

Not sure how North are in a weak selling position if he asks to leave and they say yes.

Either they get what they ask for for him (which will be the world) or he stays and sees out his contract for next season.

They have full control of the situation as they can simply refuse any trade that isnt massive overs.

I cant see them trading him regardless. If they get Clarkson they will back themselves in to turning him, and their relationship with him, around.[/

If they put it out there that he is available then that shows they are selling a lemon. Culturally hasn’t fit and potentially damaging to their young group so they won’t have a strong bargaining position

I am not suggesting give away - but 2 firsts and a player etc will be off the table. Pick 4 and Sholl , pick 8 and Bergman May just about do it

9FDBF11D-E0A9-4EA6-B6AF-8F9D9114306A.jpeg

yeah, but they’ll still probably get something like that for him at the end of next year anyway.. unless by some freak of chance one of Port or the crows come bottom and thus have pick 1 in the PSD which isn't likely.

best to hold onto him and try and turn it around under their new coach. if their new coach is Clarkson then their will be no one better than him to try and guide the kid in the right direction.

View attachment 1477485

yeah, but they’ll still probably get something like that for him at the end of next year anyway.. unless by some freak of chance one of Port or the crows come bottom and thus have pick 1 in the PSD which isn't likely.

best to hold onto him and try and turn it around under their new coach. if their new coach is Clarkson then their will be no one better than him to try and guide the kid in the right direction.
Crows are a Taylor Walker injury away from finishing bottom 3 next year .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, I wouldn't want to risk next years first since we've struggled massively with the poor performance of our experience players for most of this year except for Walker and Laird who will be a year older and I can't see any change in the situation of Seedsman, Sloane, Crouch, Brown and no confidence in the form of both Smith, Milera, ROB and even Doedee and to some extent. If their forms was more consistent this year I would trade next year's first instead of this year's pick 5.

With Fogartys increase in form and an extra season of development into Thilthorpe, we should be ok if that happens. I doubt there is much hope of achieving more then a 7-8 win season though.

That said, we've certainly ridden our luck with it in the past two years.

Hmm. Sholl AND McAsey to the Blues for a 2nd?

So..

We’ve aparently got Himm going to Freo..

Frampton going to Pies..

And now McAsey to Blues..

Not gonna have any KPF or KPD depth at all next season by the sounds if it!.

McAsey’s contracted for next year.. the other two arent so you’d have to think the blues would need to give uo something decent to pry him out considering how shallow our depth is in defence and up forward..

So..

We’ve aparently got Himm going to Freo..

Frampton going to Pies..

And now McAsey to Blues..

Not gonna have any KPF or KPD depth at all next season by the sounds if it!.

McAsey’s contracted for next year.. the other two arent so you’d have to think the blues would need to give uo something decent to pry him out considering how shallow our depth is in defence and up forward..
Yeah there would have to be close to no chance of us getting rid of all 3. Who is our backup key defender at that point? Borlase, if he even gets another contract? And up forward we would have Gollant and then nothing.

I think 1 of those guys will leave this year, maybe 2 at most. Personally I'd like to keep McAsey another season and one of Himmelberg/Frampton.

Hmm. Sholl AND McAsey to the Blues for a 2nd?

Interesting, looking at the Carlton rumour thread and a bloke posted on August 5 that their list manager had made contact with Fish when they came over.

What does a high draft KPD who has shown very little in 3 years get you? Their supporter are saying 3rd round on wards, we are not getting a first but we’d be happy with a 2nd you’d think, anything more and Reid deserves a statue

Throw in our second for their first
Carltons first to GC for Rankine simples.

I was going to go the other way (the harder way some might say)
McAsey for 28 (Carl 2nd)
23 + 28 to Brisbane for 16
5+16 for Rankine and 7 valuing Rankine at 12 via points (yes I know points mean * all when there is no one for the club to bid on.)

Hold Frampton/Berg unless a deal better than Carlton's second comes forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back