Training 2022 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see TDK spending time forward. If big M turns into a decent ruck, I'd love TDK, McKay and Charlie up forward all together.
Nah. Too big and slow. Even though TDK and Charlie are good for their size at ground level and all three are mobile with the caveat of “for their size” we still lack the capacity to pressure opposition transition and switches. This would lead to easy exits and pressure on our undersized backline. I’m not a fan, Juddy.

Nah. Too big and slow. Even though TDK and Charlie are good for their size at ground level and all three are mobile with the caveat of “for their size” we still lack the capacity to pressure opposition transition and switches. This would lead to easy exits and pressure on our undersized backline. I’m not a fan, Juddy.
be more of a don't be sad, 2 out of 3 ain't bad

also assumes all three would be healthy at the same time

I think in scenarios like that, it really depends on the structure around them.

Hypothetically, is the trio of HM/CC/TDK still too slow and lacking pressure if they're surrounded by Honey, Durdin & Motlop/Owies, with the midfield group (inc. wing/hhf rotations, etc) being something like Walsh, Cripps, Cerra, Hewett, Williams, Martin & Fisher? Let's also include Saad & Docherty on the back flanks as running defenders getting up the ground a bit too.

That small forward & mid group could change, I've just thrown some names up, but the idea is that if we've got a good bunch of speed/running, pressure/tackling ability and quality ball use/decision making in that predominantly centre-and-forward group without too many plodders/s*** kicks, then having the 3 big guys plus a ruckman probably isn't detrimental at all.

Obviously in this scenario lets assume everyone selected is deservingly best 22, lets not go down the rabbit hole of "but player x will definitely be there!", yada yada...

Great to see Mirkov's physical development coming along.

View attachment 1316422

Will provide an enormous amount of flexibility as to how the club chooses to deploy TDK if his play can be successfully developed over the next year or so.

I just want to know, can he stand in a pack and catch it? Would love a Gawn/Cox type with great hands. It’s something you just can’t teach…

FJmGhAuakAInbiS

Still a way to go for big Mirk, let's not get ahead of ourselves

Hmmm, that’s a telling angle!

Needs to lay off the beach bicep curls and get on the bench press!

He gave ppl two tickets to the gun show.

But once inside the show, there was no merchandise... just an empty chest...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A number of our boys are still recovering from Covid. The common complaint is getting air into their lungs even though it has been a few weeks for some of them.
On a positive note the general consensus is that they're improving each and every day every time they excerpt themselves or go for a run.
Are you able to name who ?

I think it would be good to exploit teams lacking tall defenders. Especially if, an injury happens to a defender in game.

Plonk TDK in the goal square and have H and Charlie leading at the ball.

A third tall type or medium defender will likely either concede marks or free kicks.

He gave ppl two tickets to the gun show.

But once inside the show, there was no merchandise... just an empty chest...
Talking about empty chest...

Lachie Fogarty - has anyone else noticed body shape? From in front or behind he has fairly wide shoulders and thick arms, but side on he almost disappears. His chest seems concave.

Just something I noticed at the last open training.

Edit: you can see it at the 40sec mark of this video.

Last edited:
Talking about empty chest...Lachie Fogarty - has anyone else noticed body shape? From in front or behind he has fairly wide shoulders and thick arms, but side on he almost disappears. His chest seems concave.

When it game to chest day, he.... Fogart about it?

I'm so sorry...... Mods, how do you red card yourself?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back