VFL 2022 VFL R4 v GWS (Sat 16-Apr 2.05pm @ AIA Centre, Olympic Park) [Stream: AFL app & https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/4189]

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that his best game this year? I only saw the first half and he looked like he was working his way into it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, his best game. Last few weeks he would have one good quarter, but this his first real 4 quarter consistent game I felt. Thats what we have wanted to see, consistency.

The smart money was on Mayne‘s career being over a year into his tenure at the pies.
The smart money should have been spent on a key position and we win the 2018 flag, regardless those who were in a better position than either of us deemed he was done, hard to disagree given his glacial movement after injury.

The smart money should have been spent on a key position and we win the 2018 flag, regardless those who were in a better position than either of us deemed he was done, hard to disagree given his glacial movement after injury.

I think Stephenson was a big part of why we were even in a position to play for a flag.

There’s a big difference in saying we had the list to win, but Moore’s absence cruelled us.
And we DID NOT have the list and needed a KPF to win which is your view.
You don't get degrees of hypotheticals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We kicked some ripping goals that day, converted our chances really well. The defence held up magnificently as well. We lost that game in the midfield.
A key forward would have been the difference.

West Coast had a heap more entries and scoring opportunities that day - we were better in the arcs than them - they were better between the arcs.
Like I said a key forward would have been the difference.

A ruckman of any note would have helped the VFL team on the weekend.

This IS the VFL thread is it not?

Nah. We scored from a much higher percentage of opportunities - we just didn't create enough opportunities. Simpson won that game with his midfield moves - successful tags on Sidey and Grundy and then exploiting Greenwood's tag on Yeo to create extra space for Shuey, which gave their forwards a lot more opportunities than ours had. Our forwards took their chances and the defence held up really well, but weight of opportunity got us in the end.

Unlikely. Efficiency up forward wasn’t the issue that day. It was our midfield and subsequently defence that came under siege that was the issue. Any one of Moore, Dunn, or Scharenberg, players who were already on our list, could have been the difference that day. A key forward doesn’t prevent the midfield from being comprehensively beaten like ours was for 3 quarters that day.

Unlikely. Efficiency up forward wasn’t the issue that day. It was our midfield and subsequently defence that came under siege that was the issue. Any one of Moore, Dunn, or Scharenberg, players who were already on our list, could have been the difference that day. A key forward doesn’t prevent the midfield from being comprehensively beaten like ours was for 3 quarters that day.
It's not even controversial, it was self evident on the day, it was self evident last week, and the week before, the week before that. I'll keep hearing excuses and justifications til we actually go out and get a decent one.

Nah. We scored from a much higher percentage of opportunities - we just didn't create enough opportunities. Simpson won that game with his midfield moves - successful tags on Sidey and Grundy and then exploiting Greenwood's tag on Yeo to create extra space for Shuey, which gave their forwards a lot more opportunities than ours had. Our forwards took their chances and the defence held up really well, but weight of opportunity got us in the end.
A well balanced team lets you attack without being predictable, but hey I'm sure Richmond would have won 3 flags without Riewoldt and Lynch right?

Moore plays 2018 GF we win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back