VFL 2022 VFL R5 v Essendon (Mon 25-Apr 1.05pm @ Windy Hill) [Stream: AFL app & https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/4198]

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL - R5 | Essendon vs COLLINGWOOD

DATE:
Monday 25th April
GATES OPEN:
FIRST BOUNCE:
1.05pm
WHERE: Windy Hill
TICKETS: N/R

DOUBLE HEADER:
AFL vs Essendon 3.20pm @ MCG

APPROX. TIME BETWEEN AFL/VFL MATCHES:
Less than none - approximately a 50 minute cross over of actual play.

While it may be great for the players to play actually on ANZAC day instead of the day before or after unfortunately for the fans it means very few will be able to attend with a significant clash between matches once travel and the ANZAC day footy ceremony is taken into account.

To ensure I get to the G on time at best I’d see a quarter, which is a shame as I thought there was a good occasion developing pre-covid.

TV, LIVE STREAM or RADIO:
Live stream - AFL app & website:

MATCH CENTRE (INCLUDES ANALYSIS OF TEAM & PLAYER STATS):
As per streaming link above

SCORES:

TEAMS:
Collingwood
4E313D06-35C2-4AA7-BF8A-3F1F9152FBA7.jpeg

Essendon
76EE959F-DD4E-4FAC-AED0-4BC3F55D7523.jpeg

Last edited:
Crap scheduling really. If the AFL and channel 7 had any brains they’d have at least made it a televised double header.
There’s only 2 ways to make it a doubleheader, start the VFL game significantly before noon (11am?) or push the AFL game back to 4.20pm.

The former sits uncomfortably with me as it pushes into the remembrance time of the day, which is what the true meaning of the day is. While the latter would delay the news until after 7, no issue there for me, but for the broadcaster it would be. Another aspect with pushing the AFL game back is 3.20pm is already quite a delay for those attending ANZAC day ceremonies outside of the footy and 4.20pm would be even worse.

There’s only 2 ways to make it a doubleheader, start the VFL game significantly before noon (11am?) or push the AFL game back to 4.20pm.

The former sits uncomfortably with me as it pushes into the remembrance time of the day, which is what the true meaning of the day is. While the latter would delay the news until after 7, no issue there for me, but for the broadcaster it would be. Another aspect with pushing the AFL game back is 3.20pm is already quite a delay for those attending ANZAC day ceremonies outside of the footy and 4.20pm would be even worse.

Can’t start sporting events (that charge admission) before 1 on Anzac Day.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only 1 way. Start the AFL game later. Who gives a s**t if the news is delayed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the problem with naming a team?! It's ridiculous that an AFL club can't name a VFL team within 24 hrs of a game. If this is the new normal it can be stuck where it most appropriately belongs.

Terrible job by the Media Team

Supporter's rights have been put to the bottom of the pile by the club. Best thing you could do is boycott the game. Let the unnamed players play to an empty stadium.

Well with the Clash that be a Good Chance of Happening tommorow

COLLINGWOOD
IN:
J Raines (debut, 19, Pascoe Vale), A Begg, C Brown, M Cox, T Wilson
OUT: M Hartley (managed), C Lane, C Maxted, I Wallace, C Wellings (all omit)

Raines must be the 23rd man, given his age.

COLLINGWOOD
IN:

Brown, Cox and Wilson will really strengthen that team.

COLLINGWOOD
IN:

What’s happened to The Egg? Was he one of the players brought in to make up the numbers for Covid, and not actually on our VFL list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back