VFL 2022 VFL R8 v Footscray (SAT MAY 14 2.05pm @ AIA CENTRE) [Stream: AFL app & https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/4224]

Remove this Banner Ad

My observations:

- Bianco looked better later in the game when behind the ball rather than up front

- Chugg gets it and is good in the contest… but burns it by foot too often, and subsequently gives me C Brown vibes

- a case to be made go picking any one of Murphy, Ruscoe and McMahon to replace Madgen

- McInness needs to play in the middle. Wasting him as a forward

- Cox predictably looked good rucking against Schache and a VFL player who was only 6ft

My observations:

- Bianco looked better later in the game when behind the ball rather than up front

- Chugg gets it and is good in the contest… but burns it by foot too often, and subsequently gives me C Brown vibes

- a case to be made go picking any one of Murphy, Ruscoe and McMahon to replace Madgen

- McInness needs to play in the middle. Wasting him as a forward

- Cox predictably looked good rucking against Schache and a VFL player who was only 6ft
Would love to see Bianco play a role similar to that of Caleb Daniel. Similar size and speed, and I think there's a decent kick in there too.

Be good to see Murphy string some games together, kid deserves some luck with his body. shows how dire our list is when our coach is our best player , Jetta is a better option in our senior team than a third of the players who took the field last night , an indictment on our list management and shoddy recruiting. See ya later Hine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does very well against 185cm ruckmen doesn’t he.
When did Schache get a double below the knee amputation?

For comparison the dogs AFL and VFL rucks this weekend, all aged mid 20s. Reckon Cox could have put up similar numbers at either level this weekend.

VFL - Schache 199cm 98kg / Patullo 200cm, 94kg

AFL - Sweet 202cm 107kg

Be good to see Murphy string some games together, kid deserves some luck with his body. shows how dire our list is when our coach is our best player , Jetta is a better option in our senior team than a third of the players who took the field last night , an indictment on our list management and shoddy recruiting. See ya later Hine.
What you are shocked a guy two years younger than our skipper with 160 games experience is an indictment on a group of 19-20 year olds who have been hampered with development due to covid? What does it say for the Bulldogs recruitment that their number 1 pick was shut down with 5 touches?

Glad you are no where near recruitment.

We are 2nd on the VFL ladder and won convincingly with 11 players out injured. We should be 6-3 in the AFL and playing young players.

Two years ago we had Treloar, Beams, Langdon, Broomhead, Scharenberg, Reid, Varcoe, Wells, Greenwood, Mayne, Phillips and Stephenson on our list. For different reasons we have lost a great deal of experience and had to rebuild. I think the recruitment side is doing ok.

What day are we playing the AFL academy next weekend

Are the APS boys like Tsatis taking a week off school footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back