2023/24 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton bring their worst performance of the year to the years biggest game. Losing 2-0 to Oxford at Wembley in the League One Play Off Final.
The second highest scoring team in the division fail to register a single shot on target, are 2-0 down at the half and just don’t lift to press Oxford in any way.
Hard to fathom except to think that collectively they bottled it. What a shitshow for the 35,000 Bolton fans who turned up.
Stunned, disappointed, angry, embarrassed …. take your pick.

Coventry reportedly have signed Raphael Borges Rodriguez from Macarthur. Following in John Aloisi's footsteps - hopefully he does just as well.

Coventry reportedly have signed Raphael Borges Rodriguez from Macarthur. Following in John Aloisi's footsteps - hopefully he does just as well.

I honestly thought he was an import at the bulls!
Recently I’ve heard his agent FBK speak very highly of him.

FBK actually seems like the kind of agent who offers wise moves to his young players rather than a cash grab. He orchestrated the move for Yengi to Portsmouth which has proves a positive step in his career and development.

It'll be a shit game, these promotion ones where both sides have recently been in the Prem suck. Luton Town last year was pretty good, those Brentford series' too but they were all behind close doors and they were always choking.

My favourites though are the Windass Hull - Bristol City one, back when Nicky Carle was playing in it. great goal and moment aside, it was 0-0 for most of the match but they were both desperate to go up. really tense match. Swansea City's, going back up to the first tier for nearly thirty years (and after being genuinely irrelevant for a decade-plus) was good to see as well. total goalfest too.

Lots to be said looking back at some of the the previous ones though. Bristol City were always challenging and then went to shit after their loss; nuts to think Sheff Wednesday snuck into one; Derby County missing two has shades of 2000s Leeds about it... but they've mostly been pretty uninteresting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leeds will likely have to sell quite a few players as they would have been banking on promotion.

Southampton on the other hand seem like they will be much better prepared for next season compared to the year they went down.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Leeds will likely have to sell quite a few players as they would have been banking on promotion.

Southampton on the other hand seem like they will be much better prepared for next season compared to the year they went down.
Most of the players we’ll be selling weren’t here this season anyway. Imagine Summerville, Gnoto and Meslier are the ones to go from today, maybe Rutter too.

I guess do you think you'll get 70 for say Summerville, Gnonto and Grey?
I reckon Gray stays another season, then if we don’t go up next season he’ll be sold.

Think conservatively we’ll get something like this;
Summerville: 25m
Gnoto: 15m
Meslier: 15m
Wober: 10m
Harrison: 10m
Roca: 10m
Aaronson: 5m
Kristensen: 5m
Llorente: 5m (think Roma already triggered his clause).
Then there’s players like Poveda, Greenwood, Gelhardt etc who won’t fetch much but could up to a few mil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back