AFL 2023 Brownlow,Battle of the Bulls

Remove this Banner Ad

I think theyll go Cripps 3, Bont 2, Kelly 1 tbh... Cripps late goal be in their minds.. agree on Petracca.. no standouts definately Melksham for votes then Petracca is a good chance to steal 2 or 1 based on how even the spread was in the match

One round to go
1. N Daicos - 30
= M Bontempelli - 30
3. Z Butters - 28
4. C Petracca - 26.5
5. L Neale - 24.5
6. T Taranto - 23
7. Z Merrett - 22
8. N Anderson - 21
9. E Gulden - 20.5
10. C Rozee - 20
= J. Sinclair - 20
12. J Dawson - 19
= T Greene - 19
= C Serong - 19
I have Bont in the mid 20’s. Brownlow night going to be very interesting.

agree on Petracca.. no standouts definately Melksham for votes then Petracca is a good chance to steal 2 or 1 based on how even the spread was in the match
Feels like the type of game where they might give a back like Lever or Rivers the 3 votes... definitely one to keep in mind when they release the individual game 3 vote markets.

The shifty part about this market is there is no any other player option to bet on. So it's open to games where they take all the money on the market.
Correct me if im wrong but i believe sportsbet give a bonus if the player doesnt come from the market. Withdrawal-able cash back would be better tho.

Correct me if im wrong but i believe sportsbet give a bonus if the player doesnt come from the market. Withdrawal-able cash back would be better tho.
nah its just a lost bet. You can request a player to be added to the market but they often don't proceed with it.

Market liked bont really didn’t think he was good as his numbers Treloar Lobb Richards Libba all very good issac smith Stewart everywhere worried about the umpires
I may have to rewatch this game again.

But after the game I thought the best 5 players were in no particular order: Bont, Treloar, Tom Stewart, Isaac Smith and Liberatore. I dont use AFL Fantasy as a measure for Brownlow game-by-game betting but those 5 players were the highest ranked 5 players.

Instinct after watching it 1st time: 3) Bont 2) Isaac Smith 1) Treloar

Could see a world where Liberatore could get in the votes.

Think with the momentum and talk about Brownlow pre-game, that would be an influencing factor in umpire votes. Things that stood out for me was Bont had 2nd most Tackles on night and 2nd most Contested Possessions. He seemed to be under the umpire eye in those contests. Also think he was involved in a few goal assists on the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough game for votes. Rozee, Houston, Martin, Butters all good. I thought Butters ball use was a standout especially going inside 50. Lead clearances and contested possessions too.

Tough game for votes. Rozee, Houston, Martin, Butters all good. I thought Butters ball use was a standout especially going inside 50. Lead clearances and contested possessions too.
Interestingly that Eleni will be one of the umps giving votes, Im sure coming from a strong AFL following family, would know Butters is one of the favourites to win the Brownlow.

$250 win limit for round by round betting has been introduced

If I am right in saying, with a $250 max payout, we will probably not see multi game for game betting this year? I will assume they will offer it as a single market only. Some odds offered at say $51 to Poll 3 Votes in a game, means you will be limited to a $5 bet unless I am reading something wrong? (and if was a player at around $70 to $80 to Poll 3 Votes in a Match, means you would be limited to a few quid)

Sportsbet from memory capped the max payout for Individual game by game betting at $1,000 payout limit last year.

Game-by-Game betting was a fun market to bet on but as shown by Michael Pell (umpire) the system can be up for rort once 'insider trading' takes place.

was $500 I thought? At least that is what it started out at when they had them first a few years ago

They can offer multis but has to be capped to 250 too, you are correct in your examples.

These are just the max for new accounts, if you are limited then you are getting a % of that.

Every chance Sportsbet just don't do these markets this year and if they don't then no other book will.

Apologies if already asked (probably has) but any word on top 10/20 markets. Absolute joke from the bookies this season. 2 years ago they were about around 5 or 6. Even last season they were about around round 16ish

Apologies if already asked (probably has) but any word on top 10/20 markets. Absolute joke from the bookies this season. 2 years ago they were about around 5 or 6. Even last season they were about around round 16ish

PointsBet offered them in mid April, but I can only remember seeing them in just that week. I’m pretty sure there was Top 5, Top 10 and Top 20.

Can’t remember any other players and prices, but I’m sure that there will have been some value.

I’m on Serong Top 10 at $5.75.

There is never a set time but guessing will be early finals from Sportsbet and then the rest will copy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back