2023 Crowds and TV/Streaming

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be remarkable to get even 65k given that 9 out of the 16 metro lines and all V-Line trains will be out of action tomorrow and the MCC has announced the MCG car park will be closed to the public tomorrow. They’re making it hard as possible to just get there.
This has been the case basically all year, and crowds are higher than ever. People find a way.

But yes, 65k would still be an remarkable.

Unfortunately a bad loss tonight will mean a 47- 50,000 type crowd vs Port not the 55,000+ we’re all hoping for.
No chance. 50,000 becomes 35,000 ish. A would be blockbuster becomes a lopsided looking fixture.
Crowd will be impacted significantly next week. Lots won’t go, especially if looking wet.

Are there any concerns by the poor ratings footy seems to be getting in Perth this year? I'm always surprised how low they are, in saying that I can't believe they often shove games off to the secondary channels there.
If Thurs/Fri night games started at 17:50 AEST, when people are still getting home and making dinner, of course the ratings over east would go down the toilet.

It's never really been as big a thing over here besides the start time because for years it was shown on 2 hour delay after Better Homes and Gardens.

my final prediction for pies vs Adelaide is 66k.
The weather forecast is not good max 60K.

Min 8 Max 13 Shower or two. Windy.Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm Chance of any rain: 50%
rain_50.gif

Cloudy. Very high chance of showers about the Dandenongs, medium chance elsewhere. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 30 to 45 km/h in the morning then turning northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h during the afternoon and evenin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Sydney's crowds are holding up really well this year unlike the Storm in Melbourne who could only pull 13,000 to AAMI last night with no AFL matches on in Melbourne.
Storm crowds stack up pretty well compared to say the A league, reckon most of melbourne victory games were way less than that.

Storm crowds stack up pretty well compared to say the A league, reckon most of melbourne victory games were way less than that.
To be fair though, it's pretty obvious why Melbourne Victory crowds, and the rest of the league outside NSW, are down (to anyone who used to follow the league anyway).

The weather forecast is not good max 60K.

Min 8 Max 13 Shower or two. Windy.Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm Chance of any rain: 50%
rain_50.gif

Cloudy. Very high chance of showers about the Dandenongs, medium chance elsewhere. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 30 to 45 km/h in the morning then turning northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h during the afternoon and evenin
Could have said the same thing with Collingwood vs Sydney in round 8 but it only changed the crowd by a few thousand in my opinion. I think a crowd of at least 65k is possible.

If Thurs/Fri night games started at 17:50 AEST, when people are still getting home and making dinner, of course the ratings over east would go down the toilet.

It's never really been as big a thing over here besides the start time because for years it was shown on 2 hour delay after Better Homes and Gardens.
100% this.
Friday night footy is talked up as the game of the week and everyone looking forward to it after a week of working, all eyes on stand alone game - but for WA people are still at work and probably dgaf as its just not convenient. And always has been.

Back in the day when friday night games were held at the waca starting at 640pm perth time, they got good crowds (people go straight from work ), and there was more a hype. But even that was only 3-4 times a year at most.

Yes Sydney's crowds are holding up really well this year unlike the Storm in Melbourne who could only pull 13,000 to AAMI last night with no AFL matches on in Melbourne.

That's funny, coz hutchie tells us nobody wants afl content on sen Sydney, yet he puts heaps of storm content on sen Melbourne the scumbag. Then complains about the game having no relevance in Sydney on a Monday to Friday.

I w
That's funny, coz hutchie tells us nobody wants afl content on sen Sydney, yet he puts heaps of storm content on sen Melbourne the scumbag. Then complains about the game having no relevance in Sydney on a Monday to Friday.
I would suggest the Swans who consistently get 30,000 plus at the SCG have much more of a presence that Storm EVER have had in Melbourne.
It is going to be interesting to see how many the Storm get against top of the ladder Penrith to Marvel next Friday.

65,930 at the MCG.

Ripping Crowd.

Could have beaten it comfortably if Brisbane was at the G.

Side note - it’s quite funny how each clubs supporters have their own quirks.

A 65K Richmond crowd would be dispersed very differently throughout the G than today with the Shane Warne stand packed to the Brim and gaps in other places.

Same with Hawks and Dees.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back