Player Watch 2023 Father Son player watch - McCabe, Dear and Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I keep deleting posts referencing this, but can we move away from suggesting or making juvenile jokes about the bloodlines of players.

This is a public forum and parents of players do read here.

its nice to read about how he is going at the private school level in Adelaide, i have him in my top 30 to keep an eye on next year, but his draft year will determine where abouts he goes in the draft, he has great athleticism(speed and agility) for a big man and the way he flies into contests is very brave and tough which i love about his game.

last 2 games after the u16's champs in the sanfl u18's he has kicked 3.0 in both games, for 6.0 total, also taken 4 contested marks in 2 games, so things are looking good for his under age year since the champs.

if you want to sign into clutch tv you can watch some of his games here, he plays for SA and plays mostly CHB.

its nice to read about how he is going at the private school level in Adelaide, i have him in my top 30 to keep an eye on next year, but his draft year will determine where abouts he goes in the draft, he has great athleticism(speed and agility) for a big man and the way he flies into contests is very brave and tough which i love about his game.

if you want to sign into clutch tv you can watch some of his games here, he plays for SA and plays mostly CHB.

Is CHB his best position (in your opinion)? Article suggests he plays well as a forward, as well.

Is CHB his best position (in your opinion)? Article suggests he plays well as a forward, as well.
ive only seen him play CHB, but he could play forward, he is very quick and is brave in the aerial contest, he also has played 2 games in the sanfl u18's since the u16 champs and has kicked 6.0 with 4 contested marks, so they are good stats for a forward, also the article suggests he played well in private school footy forward too.

Will McCabe 196cm 75kg (im assuming they are measurements from the start of the season?) i would like him to put on some muscle this pre-season to help with his game.

ive only seen him play CHB, but he could play forward, he is very quick and is brave in the aerial contest, he also has played 2 games in the sanfl u18's since the u16 champs and has kicked 6.0 with 4 contested marks, so they are good stats for a forward, also the article suggests he played well in private school footy forward too.

Will McCabe 196cm 75kg (im assuming they are measurements from the start of the season?) i would like him to put on some muscle this pre-season to help with his game.

Can also play on the Wing and has has the odd stint in the Ruck, which he becomes another Midfielder when the ball is on the ground. Difficult to know where he is best suited, unlikely to be in the Ruck, but he could be a genuine utility in the true sense of the word. Probably more natural forward and hasn’t played back much, but has shown plenty when going back - very very good at peeling off and intercepting. Has learnt to curb his natural all out attack instincts to get the attack-defence balance much better.

Has some weapons in that he is an elite mark and a very good kick.

Anyone know if we have had him at the club at all? We seem to be pretty good with this side of things. First step is to get him to nominate F/S. Keen to hear any snippets about his appetite to join us.

SAAS Division 1 Player Focus – William McCabe (Sacred Heart College)

Michael Alvaro
PLAYER FOCUS
August 17, 2022

Image Credit: Rookie Me Central
SACRED Heart College took out the SAAS Division 1 college football flag on Saturday evening, downing Prince Alfred College by 26 points at Thebarton Oval. A key part of the Hearts’ victory was their key forward combination of Ashton Moir and William McCabe, two exciting 2005-born AFL Draft prospects.
The latter, McCabe, is a talent of intrigue for Hawthorn fans as a club-tied candidate, with his father Luke having played 138 games in brown and gold. Able to play as a key position outlet at either end of the ground, McCabe was named an Under 16 All-Australian at centre half-back, but plied his trade up forward on the weekend.

SAAS Division 1 Player Focus – William McCabe (Sacred Heart College)

Michael Alvaro
PLAYER FOCUS
August 17, 2022

Image Credit: Rookie Me Central
SACRED Heart College took out the SAAS Division 1 college football flag on Saturday evening, downing Prince Alfred College by 26 points at Thebarton Oval. A key part of the Hearts’ victory was their key forward combination of Ashton Moir and William McCabe, two exciting 2005-born AFL Draft prospects.
The latter, McCabe, is a talent of intrigue for Hawthorn fans as a club-tied candidate, with his father Luke having played 138 games in brown and gold. Able to play as a key position outlet at either end of the ground, McCabe was named an Under 16 All-Australian at centre half-back, but plied his trade up forward on the weekend.

Anyone have any idea on whether or not he'd be keen to go F/S?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had been meaning to post that Calsher Dear kicked 4 in the grand final win for the Beaumaris sharks under 17’s a week ago.

Not sure if he has any intention to play at the highest level(his brother Nate was also highly touted, but didn’t want to pursue the top level) but I will be watching to see if he pops up at the Sandringham Dragons next year.

Had been meaning to post that Calsher Dear kicked 4 in the grand final win for the Beaumaris sharks under 17’s a week ago.

Not sure if he has any intention to play at the highest level(his brother Nate was also highly touted, but didn’t want to pursue the top level) but I will be watching to see if he pops up at the Sandringham Dragons next year.
Saw him play in the preliminary final the week before and was very good as well. The mail is he will be at the dragons next year

Nice kid but he won’t make the grade unfortunately
I recall reading reports that he was considered better than Finn at the same age (or at least, supposedly had more talent - I forget which).

You don't think that is the case?

I recall reading reports that he was considered better than Finn at the same age (or at least, supposedly had more talent - I forget which).

You don't think that is the case?
No not close to being as good as Finn unfortunately. I think Dear’s son could have some upside if he has a good year next year with the Dragons

No not close to being as good as Finn unfortunately. I think Dear’s son could have some upside if he has a good year next year with the Dragons
He’s a good size too Calsher. His brother Harry is 197cm, so I’m assuming Calsher is 192+ based on them standing next to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back