brown
Hately
Newchurch
Mcasey
McPherson

That’s 5 + 1x cat B delisted

I’d add sloane but fear he gets 1 yr deal

Matt crouch is interesting one, I’d keep him and retire Sloane

Possible trades - Gollant ( I’d keep ) / Mchenry ( I’d trade if he wants to go)

We should sign McAdam asap IMO
Seedsman and Brown are the same single rookie spot.

I'd see how the next few weeks go but I'd only offer a year for Crouch. You can always make a case for longer contracts but you have to keep looking at ways to improve the list.

I'd see how the next few weeks go but I'd only offer a year for Crouch. You can always make a case for longer contracts but you have to keep looking at ways to improve the list.
That isn't happening .....2 year Contract if he stays .....3 years by another Club, if he goes

Yeah, except it'll probably have to be 2 if he's going to be getting offers from elsewhere

I still think no firm decisions on Crouch should be made for a couple of weeks

And yes to Sloane retiring regardless
What makes you think that he's going to get offers from elsewhere?

He tested the FA waters, and couldn't find any buyers, resulting in him accepting a much reduced contract from the AFC. Then he and the AFC tried to find him a new home last year, again no buyers. Since then he's spent most of the year in the SANFL.

2 decent games isn't going to reverse opinions formed from multiple years of observed performances.

If (and it's an unlikely if) another club is stupid enough to offer him a multi-year contract, then we say thanks for your service and good luck at your new job.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That isn't happening .....2 year Contract if he stays .....3 years by another Club, if he goes
Huge set of assumptions here, mostly based on ignoring recent history.

I would be bitterly disappointed if the club were to offer him a multi-year contract.

Most likely scenario is still Crouch playing for a SANFL club (not AFC) in 2024.

Huge set of assumptions here, mostly based on ignoring recent history.

I would be bitterly disappointed if the club were to offer him a multi-year contract.

Most likely scenario is still Crouch playing for a SANFL club (not AFC) in 2024.

Just my prediction .....I think it'll be 2 years by the Crows

A 28 YO offered 1 year by his incumbent Club, simply says ....we don't have faith in you ....play SANFL & act as you have this year

Emergency-Break-Glass.Crouch.png

To get Matt to move interstate ......he'll require 3 years

A 28 YO offered 1 year by his incumbent Club, simply says ....we don't have faith in you ....play SANFL & act as you have this year

View attachment 1762639

To get Matt to move interstate ......he'll require 3 years
How many senior list changes do you see happening, right now? Keep in mind we have to upgrade Parnell and Murray, too

How many senior list changes do you see happening, right now? Keep in mind we have to upgrade Parnell and Murray, too
Will depend on trade-in's & which players request a trade ......I expect McHenry to seek a trade

IMO .....4 delistings + the washup with trade-in /out

This doesn't include Newchurch, who is gone

Obviously there'll be some movement up & down with Rookies ......I'd add Brown and Himmelberg to the Rookies List

Will depend on trade-in's & which players request a trade ......I expect McHenry to seek a trade

IMO .....4 delistings + the washup with trade-in /out

This doesn't include Newchurch, who is gone

Obviously there'll be some movement up & down with Rookies ......I'd add Brown and Himmelberg to the Rookies List
Didn’t Ned just buy a farm with Muzz here? I can’t see it

I can see Sholl maybe looking for a trade, but that’s it re: contracted players. Maybe McAdam seeks a trade, but that wouldn’t be ideal for us at all

Tyler Brown is already a rookie, I’d probably look to add EH and/or Hamill

I think we can have one of Keays, Murphy and McHenry in the team. And Keays is probably the best of the three.
Murphy is better defensively. Keays better offensively.
McHenry is behind these two IMO.

However, playing all three is indefensibly offensive!!

He tested the FA waters, and couldn't find any buyers, resulting in him accepting a much reduced contract from the AFC. Then he and the AFC tried to find him a new home last year, again no buyers. Since then he's spent most of the year in the SANFL.

2 decent games isn't going to reverse opinions formed from multiple years of observed performances.

If (and it's an unlikely if) another club is stupid enough to offer him a multi-year contract, then we say thanks for your service and good luck at your new job.

I doubt he'll be dropped this week.

I imagine if his form is good again this week against GC, he'll play again.

Sure I think it's plausible other clubs may be interested if his form holds up through to the end of the season.

What are the realistic prospects for our three young SANFL mids? If yes, how far ahead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone shed any light on Zac Taylor’s foot? Is it normal to remove the plate at this stage in the recovery? Or is his career in jeopardy?

Which is exactly the message we should be sending.

The problem with offering him 2 years is that we most likely end up being stuck with him on our list for 2 more years.

Best and most likely case delist him at the end of the year, hopefully with Sloane retiring as well.

Can anyone shed any light on Zac Taylor’s foot? Is it normal to remove the plate at this stage in the recovery? Or is his career in jeopardy?
Regardless, it's a pretty s**t injury.

Apparently yes it's normal in a lot of cases to remove the plate and screws. Plate and screws are used to stabilise the bones while they heal.

Pulled this up last night after a bit of discussion last night. It's in layman's terms.

Normal

Very common for plate to eventually irritate

Taking out also means they confident it’s healed and stable

Hopefully the Penny has dropped for him re how fit and how hard you have to work to be an afl player , he couldn’t get thru some early pre season sessions

He actually turned up to pre season this year less fit than year before and it showed in his first month of sanfl before injury where his form was down on prev year

He needs to get started as in next month or 2 and get home self really fit , hopefully he’s got stronger with gym program all year and next it’s time to get running fit

Burgo should help but he has to do the work himself

Crouch's last game the showdown wasn't 'decent' - it was 'dominant' and he bullied the Power midfielders tbh. If he can continue that form then it would be negligent of the club to not at least try and get him to stay. Will almost certainly get a longer deal elsewhere.

I wouldn't mind giving Crouch a 2 yr deal and moving on Sloane. Then we bring in 2 young gun mids via draft/trade who can develop and eventually replace Crouch and Laird in 2 years time.

Sloane out and retain Crouch would be a sensible scenario. Crouch clearly looks comfortable at AFL level, whereas Sloane can barely run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back