List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elijah Hollands, we need to make it happen!

Hollands is really a player worth having a crack at, has that xfactor and burst ability that we might need. I know he has had an injury history, but he was never set for success with how the suns where using him. wouldn't hate giving up a second or third for him.

I wonder what Gold Coast are looking for in regards to their pick 4?

Is it likely there will be a bid on one of their players before hand? If so, how many points this year will they be after? I'd be very keen to see us make a jump up the draft order and a play for Hollands as well. I know he hasn't set the world on fire, but he has ability. Good time to get him working with Burgess and see if he can make himself a player?

Of course none of it will matter as Gold Coast will probably trade Pick 4 + Hollands + Flanders to Geelong for pick 40 and a future 4th rounder. The AFL will see it as a very sensible trade.
Yeah , would be interesting to see if GC keep pick 4 on the thought one of their academy players won’t get picked before their first pick.

Hollands is really a player worth having a crack at, has that xfactor and burst ability that we might need. I know he has had an injury history, but he was never set for success with how the suns where using him. wouldn't hate giving up a second or third for him.
I'd be really flat if we were not one of them trying to land him for one of our 2nds. Take the gamble as his best could be great and if it does not work out in a few seasons time, so be it

would you feel comfortable giving up pick 9 for him?
I don't see the need for him. We have Murray, Keane & Butts, plus Worrell who can play tall or small. What we need is KPD depth - we don't need to be forking out big coin for an A-grader.

Cox is worth pick 9, and I wouldn't hesitate if a gun KPD was our biggest priority - but it's not, and I simply don't see trading for Cox as a major need right now.

A second is completely off the table - third at most.

Or whatever we get for Crouch (if that's anything)

He had an injury history and now he has a no form history.

I'd be really flat if we were not one of them trying to land him for one of our 2nds. Take the gamble as his best could be great and if it does not work out in a few seasons time, so be it
Given the potatoes still on our list, I would rather give a shot and take a risk on Hollands than to keep playing Sloane and Murphy in the side.

Make no mistake, Suns also want/need salary cap space, so moving on Hollands, given what they have and are getting this draft is a worthwhile exercise for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You weren’t alone. A lot of us were stoked with that one.
I mean, I was stoked when we got Hately

I think we’ve now been burned too many times by the ‘bring in a young player not getting opportunity’ scenario to get excited about a Hollands acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back