Resource 2023 Membership Thread (51,084 members, our new record)

Remove this Banner Ad

Now get to the games you campaigners

Generally speaking this message isn’t for us nutters as we are always the most likely to turn up. It’s the throng of supporters who sit on the fence who require an incentive (hope being a start) who need the above drilled into them. Every club has them. We just come from a smaller base.

Look at the *Bummers and Hawks MCG Members area taking up all sections from behind the Punt Rd goals to the AfL Members section barrier on the wing when they’re losing games and it’s very sparsely populated.

And only a quarter of it attend games, sad.

So there are a few things here.

Attendance wise we actually did ok at Marvel(compared to ourselves), every home game crowd was over 20k.

Funnily enough the smallest Melbourne crowd we played in front of was against St Kilda where their home game only got 18k.

Hobart on the other hand didn't crack 10k once and the last round didn't crack 5. Although I did attend there for the first and last times this year and they did not scan my tickets going in. So I wouldn't have any faith in the attendance rates down there to an actual figure but they are clearly low.

All that said IMO the 50k is marketing. It is going to be made up something like this (take it with a sizeable grain of salt)

1) 15-20k rusted on
2) 6k Hobart
3) 5-10k those who want to get to more but can't through distance or time
4) the rest - 3 game or huddle memberships

It would be interesting to look at the data (if we even collect it) of those that go from 4 to 3, then those that got from 3 to 1.

If you had the time and the resources you would interview these subsets of people and work out what the most common drivers were and then do more of those things.

Taking someone from no team, to sometimes attends, to North is life is the pathway we need to understand more of. There are probably 4 steps for the club

1) win
2) Educate (people who don't know can't care)
3) Saturate ( the more a person does something the more likely they are to do it again)
4) win

It would be interesting to understand what the time horizon is supposed to be on the 3 game / Huddle memberships getting to rusted on is.

How about get off the rear ends on seats debate?

I pay a membership that is well paid up every year, including 2020 and 2021 when I dished up $500 for one rear end on seat/ game

We’re a losing club atm; giving up a whole day to attend a game that we were unlikely to win doesn’t make me any worse or better than the next Member

I even don’t know if we start winning 12 or more games a year whether I have the energy to get to week in week out games

How about get off the rear ends on seats debate?

I pay a membership that is well paid up every year, including 2020 and 2021 when I dished up $500 for one rear end on seat/ game

We’re a losing club atm; giving up a whole day to attend a game that we were unlikely to win doesn’t make me any worse or better than the next Member

I even don’t know if we start winning 12 or more games a year whether I have the energy to get to week in week out games

Has KFC queried your whereabouts yet?

Just a reminder that our 2023 member choice vouchers will expire 31/10/23.

The FAQ says you can't use more than one voucher in a single transaction but I just used 2 to receive a free hoody and it went through. Lets see how it plays out I guess.

Update: Its been shipped. Their faq lies. I now have 3 more vouchers to load up with.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that our 2023 member choice vouchers will expire 31/10/23.

The FAQ says you can't use more than one voucher in a single transaction but I just used 2 to receive a free hoody and it went through. Lets see how it plays out I guess.

Update: Its been shipped. Their faq lies. I now have 3 more vouchers to load up with.

Must rush in and pick up my 2023 merch.

What a year to forget.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back