Autopsy 2023 Round 13 – North Melbourne vs GWS Giants, Sunday June 11, 3.20PM AEST, Blundstone Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

I did jump early on my prediction in the 1st quarter but there were some poor efforts all over the field and well done to the players on turning that around and they were lucky it was only North Melbourne who were not able to capitalise on those errors and also throughout the game
Briggs and Greene the standouts for me and probably Bedfords best game so proof it was a good pick up by the club
Brown good in patches and several strong grabs from Hogan and players just need to repeat those performances and improve in order for the team to be able to push the better teams as lapses like the opening of the game and that will be 4-5 goal headstart to the opposition
Whitfield could be carrying another injury as he missed a gettable set shot and although better last week he is not near the heights he has played at before

Larkey 4 goals shows how the team is missing Taylor and how they need another taller defender and hopefully Leek is that although likely HH plays down back the rest of the year not sure how the makeup of the tall backs will go although it could just be learning to play together with a settled back 6/7

North Melbourne v Greater Western Sydney​

9 Kieren Briggs (GWS)
9 Toby Greene (GWS)
3 Nick Larkey (NMFC)
3 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)
2 Tom Green (GWS)
2 Callan Ward (GWS)
1 Tarryn Thomas (NMFC)
1 Connor Idun (GWS)

The Giants have unearthed a ruckman in Kieren Briggs. That is another major positive in a season that is laying the foundation for a solid era under Adam Kingsley. Their win over the competitive Kangaroos was built on the back of usual suspects Toby Greene, Stephen Coniglio, Callan Ward and Tom Green plus Briggs, who has been a revelation in the past month. They have a smattering of emerging youngsters who are building experience and a solid defence. Hanging on to Harry Himmelberg must be their biggest priority as losing him would slow progress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back