Autopsy 2023 Round 14 – GWS Giants vs Fremantle Dockers, Saturday, June 17, 4:35 PM AEST, @Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Saturday gameday is forecast to be sunny and 19 degrees - should be good conditions for GWS if they can get their running game going. I am worried by the team named - we're too tall. Kelly & Taylor back is great for the Giants. O'Meara in for Freo is good news for them but in place of Aish, who is a loss because of the balance he normally brings to their side. No Darcy, so the Briggs versus Jackson battle in the ruck is going to be important. With no second ruck (Freo has elected not to debut Liam Reidy), we really don't need Keeffe for that role - Riccardi or HH can handle the backup job. Hopefully we have Keeffe as a late out, with either Fahey or Cumming comes in. Given the favourable timeslot, hopefully there's a good crowd for (hopefully) Toby Greene's 300th goal.

GWS v FRE.png

Go Giants!

Given the favourable timeslot, hopefully there's a good crowd for (hopefully) Toby Greene's 300th goal.
Hopefully the half time kids promotion our club is running, as well as the prospect of Toby’s 300th goal (only the second Giant ever after Cameron to reach this milestone) will draw a good crowd. We haven’t hit 10k in Giants Stadium since our September 2019 final against the Bulldogs, so will be pleasantly surprised if we hit this 10k crowd number in this game.

The market sentiment has also shifted to us - we are now $1.72 favourites (Freo are $2.10). The return of both All-Australians Taylor and Kelly does give us an edge.

Go Giants!

Hopefully the half time kids promotion our club is running, as well as the prospect of Toby’s 300th goal (only the second Giant ever after Cameron to reach this milestone) will draw a good crowd. We haven’t hit 10k in Giants Stadium since our September 2019 final against the Bulldogs, so will be pleasantly surprised if we hit this 10k crowd number in this game.

The market sentiment has also shifted to us - we are now $1.72 favourites (Freo are $2.10). The return of both All-Australians Taylor and Kelly does give us an edge.

Go Giants!
It’d be nice if we got 10000 but unlikely given we aren’t playing Sydney or a big Melbourne club.

Who replaces Jesse ? If Cadman, hopefully he has a good game. I guess Himmepberg plays forward now? Keefe, Riccardi, Cadman as the talls is a bit inexperienced to me.

Who replaces Jesse ? If Cadman, hopefully he has a good game. I guess Himmepberg plays forward now? Keefe, Riccardi, Cadman as the talls is a bit inexperienced to me.
Cadman for Jesse. Jesse has never played 13 consecutive games for us and was due for a spell, but surprised that this happened before the bye week.

Yes, hopefully Cadman’s spell in VFL will inspire him to play well today, but from all accounts his VFL game last week was nothing to write home about

Cadman for Jesse. Jesse has never played 13 consecutive games for us and was due for a spell, but surprised that this happened before the bye week.

Yes, hopefully Cadman’s spell in VFL will inspire him to play well today, but from all accounts his VFL game last week was nothing to write home about
Makes sense to rest him this week so he gets a long break

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back