Autopsy 2023 Round 20 – Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants, Saturday July 29, 1.45pm AEST, Mars Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be a tough game for us. The market has us as definite underdogs at $2.67 (the Dogs are $1.46). Hopefully the self belief from the gutsy wins in the Adelaide Melbourne and Geelong games, will see us get the win against the Mutts. A win will be doubly satisfying as it will also dent the Bulldogs finals prospects, and reading their rabid fans whining in their Boards will be fun!

Our backline is going to dominate.

The question is, can we connect on the rebound, in cold and windy conditions, to our damaging forwards.

Also, can we contain (cause we won't beat) Bont and Libba. They were monstrously good last weekend.

Similar to the thoughts of many others, my main concern is the forward line.

Riccardi and Cadman as the tall forwards are just not the imposing type, especially in a pack contest so hopefully there is move away from the long bomb, and more towards carrying the ball through the midfield and targeting a leading forward.

TFG will most likely be tagged so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he plays more midfield so he can get 'lost' amongst other players in the ruck which he is damned good at, leaving Bedford and Daniels as the small forward target.

I'm nervous about this one. Obviously we've been playing really well to win our last 6 in a row, but with the exception of Melbourne, those were all sides I feel like we should've beaten. I was confident going into all those matches (again with the exception of Melbourne).

Now we have a chance to get our longest winning streak in club history against our most hated rivals and shore up a finals spot at the same time. I don't think it's too much to say that this is our most important game so far this season. The dogs are a tough team to beat, I'd say they're probably on par with where we're at at the moment. The game could honestly go either way in my opinion.

Fingers crossed. I'm sure Kingsley and the boys will be putting everything they have in today and a win will set us up beautifully for the end of the season.

Will need the secondary forwards to stand up , will be looking for contributions from brown, Bedford, and Daniels. Fingers crossed we see a breakout performance from one of Riccardi/Cadman.

Another game we need to win to prove our credentials. Hoping for a full blown muttdogs meltdown but not banking on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 7 was stating that we have won at 8 different grounds this year. If we win at Mars, it will be an AFL record!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back