Preview 2023 Round 20 – Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants, Saturday July 29, 1.45pm AEST, Mars Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

So Cadman stays and we dropped Haynes for Keeffe. Gotta say I didn't see that coming, but it gives us a strong, well balanced side and having Haynes as the sub will be valuable as well.

Feel bad for Wade. I guess making only minimal changes to a winning team on an (equal) club record winning streak, and defending a finals spot, made sense. Hence Cadman stayed

Feel bad for Wade. I guess making only minimal changes to a winning team on an (equal) club record winning streak, and defending a finals spot, made sense. Hence Cadman stayed
I think we have a pretty tall team. Maybe we can train one of our defenders as a winger/ forward in the off season.

Aren’t you shipping off Cadman for a 3d rounder or did you delete that thread?
I deleted and wasnt shipping him off, won't carry on about it but we have to do better with list management in my opinion.
We could have signed Cadman at 3 quite easily.
So why the hell didn't we. We should trade more with Gold Coast so neither of us get ripped off as much as we do.

We and Gold Coast need slightly better rules in order for the game to flourish. If a player wants to leave at end of 1st or 2nd year, the offer pick wise must be say 90% of original draft pick points wise ( using only 2 picks). So Geelong would have had to offer us better than just pick 18 to get him.

Last edited:
I deleted and wasnt shipping him off, won't carry on about it but we have to do better with list management in my opinion.
We could have signed Cadman at 3 quite easily.
So why the hell didn't we. We should trade more with Gold Coast so neither of us get ripped off as much as we do.

We and Gold Coast need slightly better rules in order for the game to flourish. If a player wants to leave at end of 1st or 2nd year, the offer pick wise must be say 90% of original draft pick points wise ( using only 2 picks). Do Geelong would have had to offer us better than just pick 18 to get him.
Yeah mate …. Whatever

Kingsley had the team humming but still picks Cadman …. You reckon he might not see a bit more in his play than you do? I’m very happy with the effort I see Cadman put in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow the delusion is real down there.

The “why not us” is from the Boston Red-sox. Not the Mutts.

From their match day.
“As Greater Western Sydney players debriefed with their coaching group following a heartbreaking six-point loss to Richmond in June, the message remained clear and defiant. "Why not us?" Adam Kingsley asked his troops.
Copying the dogs is still in full swing at plastic land.” 🤣🙄🤦‍♂️

Wow the delusion is real down there.

The “why not us” is from the Boston Red-sox. Not the Mutts.

From their match day.
“As Greater Western Sydney players debriefed with their coaching group following a heartbreaking six-point loss to Richmond in June, the message remained clear and defiant. "Why not us?" Adam Kingsley asked his troops.
Copying the dogs is still in full swing at plastic land.” 🤣🙄🤦‍♂️
When we start throwing the ball at every opportunity, then they may have a case.

I was in Melbourne for work and watched the Dogs v Bombers game live last Friday,

I feel the bulldogs are always set up for the switch and the setup to defend a kick into 50 by the opposition. But they get caught off guard if a team goes fast down the middle from turnover.

Dons got them on multiple occasions like this. This play is AK bread and butter play.

The boys must go the tsunami down the middle as much as possible.

PS - we missed Toby G4 last time, but the biggest loss was Taylor. That was the difference. If Taylor takes as many intercept marks as last week, then giants win

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

TFG and AK need to address the umps pregame regarding the amount of throws the mutts get away with.

Also need our pressure to be very high at the contest as they are a very good clearance team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TFG and AK need to address the umps pregame regarding the amount of throws the mutts get away with.

Also need our pressure to be very high at the contest as they are a very good clearance team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Our pressure at the clearance is well above average at the moment but more notably is that our pressure in open play is the best in the competition. I can see a pathway for us to win this one.

Our pressure at the clearance is well above average at the moment but more notably is that our pressure in open play is the best in the competition. I can see a pathway for us to win this one.
Need to stop Bontompelli somehow getting easy clearances as happened in the game earlier this year. I feel we are alot better team than when we played them earlier, most players are in better form. Need our first half to be better than against Gold Coast.
I think our players will be very up and confident for this game.

d759a6b734a349ca765e4897ef5e1f7a.jpg
4b7a700209639bfc8f8fc01c1c6b92f6.jpg

That’s not a great start to the preparation

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know I should get over this, but I hate the Dogs more than the Sydney Swans. The Dogs cheated their way to a premiership in 2016, aided by corrupt AFL umpires. I thought the best ever team in our history was the 2016 side, and we almost certainly would have been premiers if we had gotten past the Bulldogs in our home preliminary final, as we completely had the Swans measure that year. In 2019, whilst it was exhilarating to watch us win narrowly numerous times en route to making our inaugural Grand Final, it was a sinking feeling knowing at half time that Richmond were just too good for us.
2017 and 2018 we were amazingly strong, but had horrendous injuries.
2016 was a wonderful ride a year ahead of schedule really

Remove this Banner Ad

Back