Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The end of year statement suggests we are only interested if it fills a list need

View attachment 1788494
We have quite a few list needs. KPD, Ruck, Elite mid. Sounds like the club is saying they don't want no scrubs. That's actually a good thing as we don't want anymore Hately's but did they put all their time into Redman and now they have no one else? How about searching for a quality ruck and putting ROB on the trade table or bringing in a KPD.

We have quite a few list needs. KPD, Ruck, Elite mid. Sounds like the club is saying they don't want no scrubs. That's actually a good thing as we don't want anymore Hately's but did they put all their time into Redman and now they have no one else? How about searching for a quality ruck and putting ROB on the trade table or bringing in a KPD.
The main targets were both Day and Redman who has ended up a lesser need given Milera's regain of form and Hinge moving back there replacing Smith.

I remember an interview where he said he and Nicks had discussed it as something they wanted to do. Then, before the Port game Dawson went to Nicks and said let’s do it now.
The idea that Nicks had to be convinced is just one of those things that everyone thinks happens - but it didn’t.
Check out the post match press conference from round 3.

At about 5:50 they talk about it and again at about 9:50 they clarify how they had been training for it and planing for it and Dawson though that game was a good time to try it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson said a subsequent interview he trained less with the midfield this preseason than the previous year. Odd thing to do if that was Nicks plan all along.

Throw in the fact that Nicks had him playing in defence for the preseason and the first 2 games, it’s clear that’s where he was going to remain until Dawson told him to play him in the middle.
Not consistent with what the both of them said in the round 3 post match press conference. In particular see the 9:50 mark of the video.

Not consistent with what the both of them said in the round 3 post match press conference. In particular see the 9:50 mark of the video.
I’ve watched that previously and for the risk of upsetting sensitive posters and accusing me of keeping the discussion on going, I won’t comment further. Let’s see if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back