Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I just didn't buy into the Draft hype around Rachele, as the next Toby Greene .....everyone can see that's a laughable comparison

Can he be a cornerstone player of our Club ? .....3 years in & the jury is still out .....and so is Rachele's swagger

Because, if you study Crouch closely, he has reverted back to the gamestyle that saw him racking up possessions in the SANFL ....and everyone here saying no AFL Club would take him

Do yourself a favor ....go and watch one of the first 2-3 games of his late 2023 season return ....and compare his movements to what he's putting up now ....chalk & cheese

I think you're just a terrible judge of football.

Between your comments on Nicks, Rachele, Crouch and leaving the game against Carlton because it was boring (one of the most baffling statements I've ever read on here), there's basically nothing I agree with

He’s not Waynes boy so he doesn’t like him

I’m just waiting to see a response given we have McSpudley and Murphy who both are half forward flankers (and one is a first round draft pick) who Nicks seems to tolerate even though their output is substantially below that of Rachele and have been in the system much longer. But hey what would I know.

And what's with thinking that of the Crouch and Laird combo that Crouch is the one that should be dropped?

Crouch has been clearly better this season than Laird

Crouch started alright but the back half of last season was better than what he's produced this year, which is no surprise considering he isn't in a contract year this year.

Laird's definitely been worse though.

No, I just didn't buy into the Draft hype around Rachele, as the next Toby Greene .....everyone can see that's a laughable comparison

Can he be a cornerstone player of our Club ? .....3 years in & the jury is still out .....and so is Rachele's swagger
No, you’re prejudice is extreme, “playing a half decent game first”

The pre-draft hype call is irrelevant, hanging on to that is for nuffies who call draftees their boy.

Rachelle is 21, has played decent footy, albeit inconsistent but he’s playing a difficult role and he’s young. No one is comparing him to Greene now so you can let that go.

For the record he’s on track to kick close to 30’goals with around the same number of goal assists averaging 16 touches a game. That’s not bad.

Still working on the explanation for shape?

I think you're just a terrible judge of football.

Between your comments on Nicks, Rachele, Crouch and leaving the game against Carlton because it was boring (one of the most baffling statements I've ever read on here), there's basically nothing I agree with
Because I don't subscribe to emotional "group think" ? ..... I'll take that as a compliment

Not even close Kirky ...Rankine was doing what he's doing now in U18's

I said from day dot ....Rankine is a midfielder ....then there was this crap, he wasn't fit enough for the midfield .....more rubbish
And yet apparently during the preseason he was one of the fittest and up the front of the runs, another Wayne bogus call

Because I don't subscribe to emotional "group think" ? ..... I'll take that as a compliment

Take BigFooty out of the equation

Ask any Crows fan at a game, any AFL fan even, what they think of Rachele and the Carlton match

Would any say that Rachele hasn't yet played a "half decent game"?

Would any say the Crows vs Blues match was "boring"?

Not just in general. Could you even find other people with those opinions?

I doubt it. I think those opinions are ridiculous, extreme outliers among anyone that follows the sport. Anyone. Not just hardcore nuffies on here.

Would any say the Crows vs Blues match was "boring"?

Not just in general. Could you even find other people with those opinions?
You'll be surprised to know, there are plenty of posters who share my opinions on the state of the game

You're too young & easily pleased ....you don't know anything different ....or you haven't noticed the changes in standard

Take last night's game as an example .....name me the game highlights that everyone is talking about today at work ......I'd say, there might be 2 or 3 ......Warners Mark was superb, but footy highlights are few & far between

The standard is lower .....more teams, less talent ....less skills

Players missing goals from 40 mtrs out by 10 mtrs to either side is generally accepted these days .....players missing targets over 40 mtrs a constant ....as all players generally are chip, chip, chipping the ball around

So the in-game chatter and is about:
1. The Closeness of the game
2. Key injuries
3. Goal reviews
4. Umpiring decisions

Nothing about highlights ! .....players chip, chipping the ball around to un-marked players is soccer like & boring .....it's only the closeness of games, and the emotional investment of supporters that gets you excited ......not any highlights

I miss the Modra era !

Nothing about highlights ! .....players chip, chipping the ball around to un-marked players is soccer like & boring .....it's only the closeness of games, and the emotional investment of supporters that gets you excited ......not any highlights

I miss the Modra era !
And yet this is the style of play Nicks built his 2024 game plan around until it failed.

You’re being ridiculed for going to a game, apparently a sport you don’t rate, then watching a fast free flowing game, not a chip chip game, a high scoring game, a close game where at half time 15 goals had been scored and we led by a goal and deciding to leave and missing a good second half and classic finish.

You’re either a moron for going in the first place or leaving, it has to be one or the other.

You'll be surprised to know, there are plenty of posters who share my opinions on the state of the game

You're too young & easily pleased ....you don't know anything different ....or you haven't noticed the changes in standard

Take last night's game as an example .....name me the game highlights that everyone is talking about today at work ......I'd say, there might be 2 or 3 ......Warners Mark was superb, but footy highlights are few & far between

The standard is lower .....more teams, less talent ....less skills

Players missing goals from 40 mtrs out by 10 mtrs to either side is generally accepted these days .....players missing targets over 40 mtrs a constant ....as all players generally are chip, chip, chipping the ball around

So the in-game chatter and is about:
1. The Closeness of the game
2. Key injuries
3. Goal reviews
4. Umpiring decisions

I miss the Modra era !

You've taken a very specific statement (the Carlton game was "boring") and generalised this to the entire state of the game so you can find people who agree with you.

You're having a go at posters saying they are emotive group thinkers who are easily pleased.

Yet you turn around and claim Rachele hasn't played a half decent game yet and that Nicks deserves some credit up to this point in the season

There's a fair bit of mental gymnastics required to get to that position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've taken a very specific statement (the Carlton game was "boring") and generalised this to the entire state of the game so you can find people who agree with you.

You're having a go at posters saying they are emotive group thinkers who are easily pleased.

Yet you turn around and claim Rachele hasn't played a half decent game yet and that Nicks deserves some credit up to this point in the season

There's a fair bit of mental gymnastics required to get to that position
You've jumped all over the place here ....and by extension attempting to change the context of my comment

What I believe and have always subscribed to is, you get nowhere in life with group think .....successful people have different takes & approaches

There used to be a time, variable POV's were discussed & debated ....social media now is about group think, and screaming down any POV's outside group think

You've jumped all over the place here ....and by extension attempting to change the context of my comment

What I believe and have always subscribed to is, you get nowhere in life with group think .....successful people have different takes & approaches

There used to be a time, variable POV's were discussed & debated ....social media now is about group think, and screaming down any POV's outside group think
And so do a lot of unsuccessful nut jobs

I'd argue the groupthink comes from the coaching panel, who are all obsessed with the same low skilled battler types.

Your opinions are being discussed and debated fairly, it's just most people don't agree with you.

You're making outlandish statements backed by no evidence, getting called out on it, then putting up a shield from criticism and deflecting by saying your critics are group thinkers (etc.), in the process calling them out.

It's not group think to believe our win against Carlton wasn't "boring" or that Rachele might actually be good or that Nicks' record doesn't deserve credit. And I certainly don't believe most people on here are easily pleased.

If you think Nicks is doing well (or even average), go see the video posted by the club of Nicks talking to the players about last weeks loss after the game, where he says he's so proud of them. It should tell you all you need to know. The guy is a loser, who is proud of losses. And the club is so happy with him they are posting it like it's something good.
Elite standards my ass

If you think Nicks is doing well (or even average), go see the video posted by the club of Nicks talking to the players about last weeks loss after the game, where he says he's so proud of them. It should tell you all you need to know. The guy is a loser, who is proud of losses. And the club is so happy with him they are posting it like it's something good.
Elite standards my ass
This was exactly my point of the last member board elections and the 2 candidates who were both happy clappers that loved Nicks and the boys who give it a red hot go. Would rather be losers with Nicks than winners with someone they might not like as much.

Elite standards my ass
By way of example, if a league 1 side in the FA cup plays a premier league side and loses say 2-1 or 3-2 for example, its entirely fine for the league 1 club manager to heap praise on his side as there is a gulf in class and finances between the 2 leagues. Its justified.

There is no reason we should be cheering a close loss to Collingwood (from a club management perspective) as we are in the same league as them, have the same finances as them and we have constructed a decent side and we have some genuine stars in our side. Its the wrong mentality.

This was exactly my point of the last member board elections and the 2 candidates who were both happy clappers that loved Nicks and the boys who give it a red hot go. Would rather be losers with Nicks than winners with someone they might not like as much.

meeting office life GIF by South Park

Elite standards my ass
The comments are pretty funny though. People have finally had enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back