No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They surely will have some retirements this year. But yeah, they say its an even playing field but its clearly not. Players ask for overs to go North but will settle for evens if it means staying in the same state.

How would they have the assets aka picks to satisfy Geelong. Top 4/5 pick plus a first would surely be the minimum

The Fox Carlton power rankings. Collingwood second, yep, you read that right

View attachment 1926433
So basically they ranked the 3 games based on where the teams finished last season, then chose the winner of each match as the better team. Then ranked the rest of the teams almost in the position they finished with a couple of minor moves.

Expertise at its finest.

So basically they ranked the 3 games based on where the teams finished last season, then chose the winner of each match as the better team. Then ranked the rest of the teams almost in the position they finished with a couple of minor moves.

Expertise at its finest.

Apart from Carlton which one is wrong? I'd still have Pies top 2, Giants deserve no1.

Carlton the obvious one, Melbourne I don't think will make finals. Port will probably drop out as well. I think 2 of dogs, St kilda or suns will make finals.

But take my opinion with a grain of salt. I'm no expert

Melbourne probably are the back end of the 8, still enough quality to win games in that midfield they drop but not as much as many think. Port don't make finals for mine, I just do not rate that side, I'm probably way off the mark too, but the finals showed them up. Crows to jump up or GC.

Does anyone really care about a “rankings list” generated by a media outlet with half a round completed? It’s just space filler generated by an over abundance of journalists.
Exactly this , what a waste of money paying wages for the likes of Zita and Waterworth .
A former journo on there , now at another employer said they had to fill content , but it's content we don't need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone really care about anything generated by the media? It’s just space filler.

Fixed your post.

God I wish there was a way to filter threads out via flair.

THURSDAY, MARCH 14

Carlton v Richmond at the MCG, 7.30pm AEDT

CARLTON

IN:
C.Durdin
OUT: S.Docherty (knee)

Last week's sub: Jack Carroll

RICHMOND

IN:
D.Martin, T.Lynch, T.Nankervis, R.Mansell
OUT: S.Banks (omitted), J.Koschitzke (omitted), S.Naismith (omitted), S.Ryan (omitted)

Last week's sub: Jack Ross

How would they have the assets aka picks to satisfy Geelong. Top 4/5 pick plus a first would surely be the minimum
Not having a go at you or Ticky for posting or discussing, but it's ridiculous that we've played half a round of the 2024 season and we already have all this speculation of player movement, too many journalists have nothing to write about so they just produce articles that are as accurate and truthful as the latest Women's Weekly article about the Royal Family.

THURSDAY, MARCH 14

Carlton v Richmond at the MCG, 7.30pm AEDT

CARLTON

IN:
C.Durdin
OUT: S.Docherty (knee)

Last week's sub: Jack Carroll

RICHMOND

IN:
D.Martin, T.Lynch, T.Nankervis, R.Mansell
OUT: S.Banks (omitted), J.Koschitzke (omitted), S.Naismith (omitted), S.Ryan (omitted)

Last week's sub: Jack Ross

Strong Ins for the Tiges ( no adverse reflection on Naismith who I thought was handy.)

Hope the Tigers pull off an upset.

Not having a go at you or Ticky for posting or discussing, but it's ridiculous that we've played half a round of the 2024 season and we already have all this speculation of player movement, too many journalists have nothing to write about so they just produce articles that are as accurate and truthful as the latest Women's Weekly article about the Royal Family.
So well said , it's all content

In the coverage of the GWS v pies game, they had a segment about the 2023 GF. Daicos mentioned how he made an error and when the midfield gathered, he asked pendles if he should move out of the midfield and swap with Mitchell. And pendles response to daicos was words to the effect "What, don't you want to be a part of this?". Daicos remained in the middle. Had an important touch while the game was in the balance (one of many) and the rest is history.

Both daicos and pendles spoke about that moment and when I heard it, I thought that it was great leadership shown by pendles.

His words were simple yet effective. Without saying it, he showed daicos that he had faith in his ability to have an impact on the biggest stage, he issued a challenge without it being confrontational, and showed that he had faith in daicos over Mitchell, and accepted that while Daicos may have made an error, that shouldn't dictate his ability to impact the game beyond that point.

I just thought it was phenomenal leadership in that moment and proves why pendles has had the career he has had.

Definitely a coach in waiting when he calls time.

That’s Cricket dude. England are No. 1

Yep, they just had another magnificent series win against some anonymous subcontinental team.

On the actual Test ‘ladder’, they are second last. 😂

Yep, they just had another magnificent series win against some anonymous subcontinental team.

On the actual Test ‘ladder’, they are second last. 😂

The Kiwis are trying their best to outdo them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back