Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a shame we won't see him for at least half a season, but I'm glad they're taking a cautious approach. Maybe the stars align and we enter premiership contention this year, but it seems much more likely for the next few years so we need him back and firing then.

We now have a prolonged period to look at other options for our forwardline such as Burgess, Gollant, Cook, and himmelberg i guess.

As an outside (and probably stupid) option, is there any option of Strachan coming in as a stay-at-home forward?

I have been visiting my wife in the rehab ward at Calvary with a back surgery op. She is in the rehab ward. Surprising how many knee op patients. Modern surgery is amazing.

I was walking out through the revolving entrance door the other day and a young girl (young by my standards ) was walking out on crutches. Someone asked her when she had the op. She replied, "just then".
Walk in walk out. Amazing. Her leg was very black and blue though.

I have been visiting my wife in the rehab ward at Calvary with a back surgery op. She is in the rehab ward. Surprising how many knee op patients. Modern surgery is amazing.

I was walking out through the revolving entrance door the other day and a young girl (young by my standards ) was walking out on crutches. Someone asked her when she had the op. She replied, "just then".
Walk in walk out. Amazing. Her leg was very black and blue though.
Hope for a full recovery for Mrs

I had this procedure done quite a few years ago. Crutches for 3 months back then. Mine failed and they had to remove it 6 months later. Knee is now roo ted. Bone on bone etc.

Just thought I'd share some happy news :think:
Can I ask what age you were at the time?

so likely an injury he will need to manage theought his career, rather than a fix up and its gone scenario?

Not really once it’s healed then it’s really all about strength and that won’t be a problem

It was clearly an acute tear, not surgery for a chronic thing so once the rehab is complete it shouldn’t be an issue at all

My biggest worry is how much he seems to be a confidence player and that seemed to be there but when he comes back he could take longer to find form. Will be j treating in that respect how quickly they get him back into the team once physically able

You shouldn't, I had one done about 8 years ago by Dr. David Mitchell here at St. John Of God Private Hospital in Ballarat, apart from not being allowed to drive for a month there was only minimum of pain for a couple of weeks, 2 crutches for a fortnight and then the one crutch for 2 or 3 weeks after that. It's certainly not like a brand new knee but it's pretty close. Important according to Dr. Mitchell that you do the required exercises post op.
Im still pretty active. Do about 7 gym sessions a week plus other stuff as well. Im just a bit worried if I have it done, then that will limit what I can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we may need to evaluate his jump/landing mechanics. How many times now has he "jarred" his knee now?
agree bad development imo, also we messed around with him for years when he was a high talent with an excellent worth ethic who should never have been dropped, just move him to chb when the form is down to allow him to keep adjusting to the game and working into his frame.

I hope the hit between our pick 2 key forward in his 4th season and Chris Burgess is massive.
Long term - yes for sure

Short term , not sure it will be . Burgess could average 1.5 a game no sweat

TT Obvs very handy as chop out ruck but Burgess won’t be terrible at it

Round 1 is going to be like a wet weather game and not a great condition for marking talls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back