News 2024 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

The season starts March 7 next year.

Thursday, March 7
Sydney v Melbourne, SCG, 7.20pm AEDT

Friday, March 8
Brisbane v Carlton, Gabba, 6.50pm AEST (7.50pm AEDT)

Saturday, March 9
Gold Coast v Richmond, Heritage Bank Stadium, 3.20pm AEST (4.20pm AEDT)
Greater Western Sydney v Collingwood, Giants Stadium, 7.30pm AEDT

The conclusion of round 1 the following week.

Thursday, March 7

Friday, March 8

Saturday, March 9

Incorrect, round 1 is a full round of games. The 8 teams that compete in opening round will have a bye a few weeks later. So the ladder after round 1 will have some teams on 2 wins.

Thursday, March 7

Friday, March 8

Saturday, March 9

All these games are in rugby league territory. I think the rationale from the AFL is pretty obvious. Don't get jump-started by your main competition in expansion states.

Often thought of going to Darwin Cup, what is the vibe like?
Yeah really good.
Like a BIG country carnival vibe.
Bloody great IMO.
Never saw any trouble. Plenty of folk from all over the country.
Plenty of eats drinks and stuff to do for a 5-7 day trip.
We usually go up 3 days earlier and stay a few days later as it makes it cheaper to fly.
Bucket list stuff if u ask me.
Beautiful place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And 2.30pm or 3.20pm start times for Saturday and NO 3.20pm start times for Sunday but I know it'll be a cold day in hell before that ever happens. Cause of channel 7's coverage on a Sunday
Even allowing for Ch7 requirement to "lead into the news", a 3:20 start is shizen because there's no time for any analysis/summary after the game ends. Normally the game ends right on 6pm and boom, straight into the news.

If they started at (say) 2:40, they'd at least have time to engage audiences with interviews, reviews, maybe even a brief end-of-the-round summary, etc for about half an hour before going into the 6pm news.

Even allowing for Ch7 requirement to "lead into the news", a 3:20 start is shizen because there's no time for any analysis/summary after the game ends. Normally the game ends right on 6pm and boom, straight into the news.

If they started at (say) 2:40, they'd at least have time to engage audiences with interviews, reviews, maybe even a brief end-of-the-round summary, etc for about half an hour before going into the 6pm news.
and then if you have a stretcher case, etc quarters going long, it goes into the news.

3.20pm is a terrible start time.

Incorrect, round 1 is a full round of games. The 8 teams that compete in opening round will have a bye a few weeks later. So the ladder after round 1 will have some teams on 2 wins.
Cheers. Wasn't aware.

Can't say I'm a fan.

I’ve always agreed with you, but now if I’m working those days I like the 7.50 because I can usually catch a second half on tv.
It’s a personal opinion and im ok with that but 7:50 is way too late
Say you go to the game your not home until around 11/11:30
The excuse they’ve always used is to allow 9-5 workers to make it, if you can’t make it within 2 hours then you can’t make it.
The types of people who attend footy usually do it religiously, they will always find time to be there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back