Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd go with 4 weeks but he's he's carrying 110 kilos plus around for 80% game time. Soldo getting injured is about as predictable as it gets. We should be rotating him 2 weeks on 1 week off.
That's a terrible suggestion. Consistency in playing is a hugely important factor in form. If he's fit, he plays every week.

That's a terrible suggestion. Consistency in playing is a hugely important factor in form. If he's fit, he plays every week.

Which brings us to where we are today.

From day 1 I’ve called Soldo breaking down if not managed correctly.

From day 1 I’ve said we should be rotating the rucks to try and keep him in one piece.

We bring Soldo back in 4-6 weeks and give him the same workload we will break him down again.

You give him 2 on and 1 off or 4-5 weeks on and a month off.

The chances of this injury derailing his entire year are actually fairly high. It’s likely to be half baked rehab to try and save the season and we’ll end up with a Scott Lycett situation where we just end up running him into the ground.

From day 1 I’ve said we should be rotating the rucks to try and keep him in one piece.

We bring Soldo back in 4-6 weeks and give him the same workload we will break him down again.

The chances of this injury derailing his entire year are actually fairly high. It’s likely to be half baked rehab to try and save the season and we’ll end up with a Scott Lycett situation where we just end up running him into the ground.
I don't think the gap between Soldo and Sweet is that huge and honestly I don't mind that he is out. Sweet will need to develop some chemistry with our mids in case he is called on, so this is a great little window to have our backup in a position where he is fully ready to act as a backup. Injuries aren't always the worst thing.

I don't think the gap between Soldo and Sweet is that huge and honestly I don't mind that he is out. Sweet will need to develop some chemistry with our mids in case he is called on, so this is a great little window to have our backup in a position where he is fully ready to act as a backup. Injuries aren't always the worst thing.
I agree with this. I am happy to keep developing our group, rather than worrying about Hinkley's contract. After last week I have totally given up on the year. We have the players, but dont have the coaches to do it. I am stoked that Sweet gets to play in a block of games ... Too good for snafel, lets see how he goes in the AFL.

Felt exactly the same way about Soldo. Placing too much workload too soon and here we are. Got criticized harshly on FB by happy clappers pointing this out.

Heard Tredders last night saying that Port SANFL only played with 13 AFL contracted players last week.

Must be down to single digits now.

Dark(er) days ahead for Port supporters in coming months in both the AFL and reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And they are also saying rozee low grade hammy strain, if so he may be 2-3 weeks

Heard Tredders last night saying that Port SANFL only played with 13 AFL contracted players last week.

Must be down to single digits now.

Dark(er) days ahead for Port supporters in coming months in both the AFL and reserves.
He said/meant SANFL contracted players. I counted 13 SANFL top up players the next day after we lost to WWT.

Really makes you wonder why they sent him back out. Appalling player management if he's now out for 3 weeks after sending him back out on the ground.
Maybe they couldn’t tell? Potential cramp? Not sure if sending him out quickly to test was going to make much difference? Suits the agenda by many posters here of poor player management l! Sometimes it’s hard to determine!

Sometimes if the hammy doesnt completely ping, it can be hard to to differentiate from a cramp, or even a light corky. You could see him remonstrating with the medics, so he clearly thought it wasnt a hammy. He was only on for a short while and clearly was hampered, so off he came.

Hopefully just a light injury.

Last edited:
Maybe they couldn’t tell? Potential cramp? Not sure if sending him out quickly to test was going to make much difference? Suits the agenda by many posters here of poor player management l! Sometimes it’s hard to determine!
Yep.

He wasn't out there for long and was obviously told to give it a few runs to see if it's still tight. Came straight back to the bench.

Sometimes if the happy doesnt completely ping, it can be hard to to differentiate from a cramp, or even a light corky. You could see him remonstrating with the medics, so he clearly thought it wasnt a hammy. He was only on for a short while and clearly was hampered, so of he came.

Hopefully just a light injury.

The replay showed him grab at his hammy after the contest, but he was motioning with the doctors when he did that rushed kick. I wonder if he twanged it slightly earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back