List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Desperation for KPP coverage on short notice when Gunston demanded a trade with 3 business days left in the trade period.

The overpay (which I agree we did) was under the assumption we'd lose it as picks with Ashcroft coming in.
Given how tight we are for list spots is also a consideration of the stupidity in drafting a guy that is barely VFL standard.

As a club we desperately need quality KPF because Daniher will likely up stumps when we least expect and Hippy is well Hippy, you ain’t getting much there. The real stupidity was not stumping up to McStays terms.

Given how tight we are for list spots is also a consideration of the stupidity in drafting a guy that is barely VFL standard.

As a club we desperately need quality KPF because Daniher will likely up stumps when we least expect and Hippy is well Hippy, you ain’t getting much there. The real stupidity was not stumping up to McStays terms.
McStay was never going to stay in Brisbane. The thing that still p***es me off is the posters who laughed when supporters said we would miss him.

The talk of picking up Lloyd was ridiculous.

Having a crack at a few 20-25 year holds might reap some reward for next year and beyond.

Recruiters complain about a lack of talent but it’s more the KP players. I still see a lot of players that could make a big diff to our depth and even surprise at AFL level.

For us now the priority has to be to get players in that are good pressure and tackle players. Attributes like speed, agility, power and work rate. We just have a few plodders that look like they’re running on the spot and are weak in a tackle.

Players like McReery, Daniels etc that work their backside off in attack and defence.
I'd love to know in advance who these players that could make a big diff to our depth and even surprise.at AFL level?
Names please?

I feel like we have a fantastic list already but once again, Fagan just can't break out of his trusted in group. Would Sharp and anyone but Rayner or Bailey have made an influence today? Well yes, probably. This side is screaming out for two way running and what we do with the guy who is literally the best two way runner on our list? Plunk him on the pine for most of the game for Bailey, a noted downhill skier.

Given this season is a write off now, even if we scrape finals, we aren't doing anything. Get games into the kids and book in whoever needs surgery for surgery. Lets find out what we have in reserve and yes, let's make some big moves like getting rid of Rayner. We have two, maybe three gun academy kids coming in plus WAshcroft to come back. If Cluggs and Berry are staying, say goodbye to Rayner and maybe Dev. If they aren't staying, unfortunately we need Rayner for another year to help those kids get up to speed but either way, just cannot see how Rayner's days aren't numbered.

We also have an absolute fantastic prospect in Morris, so let's get as many games as possible into him. McKenna also needs to be dropped, let's see what Brain offers at this level now. As good as Zorks has been, we probably need to move on from him now too with Coleman to come back in 2025. Time to make some tough calls and get serious about 2025-2026.

Found a 3rd tall who fits the flaky profile which we usually love.
Let's get him !

I'd prefer to have no tall forwards on our list than target Lobb

Today was the nail in the coffin for Cam Rayner. Apart from anything else, he has hands that make Todd Banfield look good. get what we can.

Ryan wasn't brought in as a quality KPF, otherwise we would've had to stump up more than a second round pick and more money for him.

I think it's being overstated how good a player McStay was. He was a key forward that never kicked more than 28 goals in a season and averaged 1.4 contested marks per game last year. Our issues are much bigger than what McStay would supposedly bring to our side.

I'd love to know in advance who these players that could make a big diff to our depth and even surprise.at AFL level?
Names please?
In no particular order but these are just some of the players that from what I’ve seen have AFL qualities and attributes we could use beyond this year.

Velisarris (bullants)
Moi Moi (swans)
Szekely (N Adelaide)
Riding (Werribee)
Declase (Werribee, bit older but could easily do a job for 4-5 years from what I’ve seen of him the past two seasons, 195cm that can play anywhere, great kick)
Geordie Payne (Tassie)
Greene (our reserves)
Billy Richardson (academy/ reserves, pretty sure he’s nominated)
Matt Ling (Norwood)
Kye Turner (Port Melb, coming back off a groin injury and won’t be picked up but he can definitely play, even got a game for Melbourne late last year)
Jack Hutchinson (Collingwood)

It’s not about this year, hopefully one or two of those stick and we have found a couple. Picking up a Durham or a Newcombe type would be handy. Given our draft hand is restricted with paying up for academy players and Ashcroft we can use MSD as free hit draft selections. Could be a silver lining.

Last edited:
In no particular order but these are just some of the players that from what I’ve seen have AFL qualities and attributes we could use.

Velisarris (bullants)
Moi Moi (swans)
Szekely (N Adelaide)
Riding (Werribee)
Declase (Werribee, bit older but could easily do a job for 4-5 years from what I’ve seen of him the past two seasons, 195cm that can play anywhere, great kick)
Geordie Payne (Tassie)
Greene (our reserves)
Billy Richardson (academy/ reserves, pretty sure he’s nominated)
Matt Ling (Norwood)
Kye Turner (Port Melb, coming back off a groin injury and won’t be picked up but he can definitely play, even got a game for Melbourne late last year)
Jack Hutchinson (Collingwood)
Payne will go #1 in the MSD unfortunately. One player I'd add to this list is Jacob Heron from Southport, I've marvelled at how much speed he brings to the contest. He didn't nominate for the MSD though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of targeting Max King. Looks unhappy playing under Ross Lyon, might like the idea of living near his twin brother and some sun.
Would be nice to have a tall in the forward line that is capable of giving an honest areal contest and taking the odd mark.

Any chance of targeting Max King. Looks unhappy playing under Ross Lyon, might like the idea of living near his twin brother and some sun.
Would be nice to have a tall in the forward line that is capable of giving an honest areal contest and taking the odd mark.

You’d have to pay too much. He’s basically all they’ve got.

Might be time to gut the squad and prepare to rebuild. I don't even think it matters what we do personnel wise if we keep the coaching structures the same. Our gameplan hasn't adapted at all to how the game is played.

I don't think Cam will be traded ever. He's a symbol of players staying at Brisbane after a period of them not. Cam does need to be put in the VFL for a stint though, but this won't happen, as who comes in to replace him?

This is like the Berry on the wing debate. He doesn't continuously get games based on form; he gets games because he's the only one we have that plays that position well (Sharp isn't there yet but could own that position if given a decent stint of games in the starting 18). If Gardiner was still available, you'd play him at the moment over Rayner every day of the week in the pseudo 3rd/4th tall spot, but he's not around.

Come 2025, the team looks a lot different with Coleman, Gardiner, Doodee, both Ashcroft's and Marshall in the team. But until then, you've got to make a team with what you have.

Might be time to gut the squad and prepare to rebuild. I don't even think it matters what we do personnel wise if we keep the coaching structures the same. Our gameplan hasn't adapted at all to how the game is played.
Whether the article had legs about Cameron going to the Blues probably isn’t the worst idea for either party now. Same with Rayner moving on; surely it would be best for both parties particularly if Fagan stays on. Hugh’s not a $1M a season player either and you could explore what you’d get if you forced a trade by matching his restricted FA status.

Ryan wasn't brought in as a quality KPF, otherwise we would've had to stump up more than a second round pick and more money for him.

I think it's being overstated how good a player McStay was. He was a key forward that never kicked more than 28 goals in a season and averaged 1.4 contested marks per game last year. Our issues are much bigger than what McStay would supposedly bring to our side.
McStay ventured up the ground quite often. He regularly took strong contested marks to give us a long kicking option out of our backline. I think his reliability in the air was an asset that we've not been able to cover yet.

To me, we look absolutely stagnant around stoppages. I am not sure if Bailey or Wilmot could go into the midfield mix (along with Ashcroft when) for some stints? I'd be very interested in us looking to inject some pace through one of our MSD picks, and hope that exposure to a full-time professional environment might lead to some deficiencies being ironed out (skills or aerobic capacity for example). McCluggage, Neale, Berry and co being left behind when there is speed on the ball is something we need to address if we are to challenge again next year.

Whether the article had legs about Cameron going to the Blues probably isn’t the worst idea for either party now. Same with Rayner moving on; surely it would be best for both parties particularly if Fagan stays on. Hugh’s not a $1M a season player either and you could explore what you’d get if you forced a trade by matching his restricted FA status.
Wonder if there is also any truth to Lachie wanting to go back to Perth as soon as next year. I’d suspect if he wants to win a flag that he may think Freo is a lot closer than we are which I guess you could see some making such an argument.

ESPN links us with Will McLachlan, Noah Howes and Kyle Dunkley. I think McLachlan will be gone before our first pick. Howes will probably be there, and he's young and talented. Personally I'd prefer Oskar Smartt because I'm a sucker for a manic pressure player, but it's possible the club feels Howes is the more talented player.

ESPN links us with Will McLachlan, Noah Howes and Kyle Dunkley. I think McLachlan will be gone before our first pick. Howes will probably be there, and he's young and talented. Personally I'd prefer Oskar Smartt because I'm a sucker for a manic pressure player, but it's possible the club feels Howes is the more talented player.
I watch every VFL game, quite a few live and not once have I thought Kyle Dunkley is AFL material and I certainly don’t think he’d offer anything to the senior team. I find it odd that his barrel keeps getting pushed forward.

Back