Votes: 157 67.4%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Does fyfe even get a game if we get Warner
Warner is reasonably easy to accommodate as he spends a fair amount of his time forward and not actually on the ball. I'd even go so far as to say it'd be a forward that drops out of the 22 accommodate a hypothetical Chad, and all extant inside mids have their time on ball cut a little for when he is on it.

When Fyfe leaves the side (under his own steam or otherwise) it'll be one of Johnson / Ras / as yet undrafted-traded-for clearance mid I'm thinking.

Last edited:

A forward who impacts at stoppages and around the ground is Sam Switkowski. Chad is a better player than Sam.

If Sam is wanted by Sydney while contracted it will make the entire process smooth and relatively painless.

You wouldn't think there is any prospect of WC trading for Warner in contract. They simply couldn't justify it from a list position. They need to take those multiple picks. (He's still going to cost 2 firsts out of contract too actually, unless he's offered a Buddy contract).

If we are prepared to do so we'd want to keep it quiet as I don't the AFL would be keen on us poaching A graders from any of their northern teams. The Swans in particular.
The "no comment" vs "yeah he'd be awesome" is interesting in itself really

The "no comment" vs "yeah he'd be awesome" is interesting in itself reall
Yeah I was only half joking with the Office meme. To me not responding with the same platitudes WC did is tantamount to saying the contract is in the post.

It would be a funny quirk of the system if Freo offering Gulden a million a year had Sydney push up his contract with them to retain him with the intention of making it harder for Sydney to keep McDonald, but in doing so turned Warner's head and now we are in a position where both players are in the market.

It would be a funny quirk of the system if Freo offering Gulden a million a year had Sydney push up his contract with them to retain him with the intention of making it harder for Sydney to keep McDonald, but in doing so turned Warner's head and now we are in a position where both players are in the market.
Crows chipped in with a 8 x 1.3m or whatever for Gulden as well. Can't have hurt our chances.

The club has been chasing both players for years. Luckily for us Logan turned down a huge million dollar contract from the club. That could have hurt our chances of getting Jackson and re-sigining Sean. Now we are in a position to land Warner. I respect that he wanted to pay back his old club for drafting him but at the end of the day you got to put yourself first. That is why I wasn't upset about Logue or Cerra.

Sydney speedster Chad Warner reportedly rejects Swans offer amid West Coast, Fremantle interest​

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 3 firsts for him will not be enough.
I'd give them our first next year and 2 firsts and a 2nd this year, but I still think Sydney say no.

Thing is though if you nail those 3 Teen picks then it can really transform a side. For me Warner is to expensive in trade value. I would however love to get him if we can convince Darcy to be traded

The Darcy and Jackson situation will work itself out, they'll find a rhythm working together. If we trade Darcy we're a serious injury to Jackson away from not having a ruckman.

What are the chances of nailing 3 x picks in the teens? We're still waiting for Sturt and Erasmus as first rounders to force their way into the team. Liam Henry was on the list years as a top ten pick before he became a regular and Amiss was a top ten pick who should have a very good career but might be dropped this week.

We have enough youth and by all reports it's a shallow draft. We've lost Cerra, Acres, Logue, Neale, etc, etc which means we've been rebuilding for almost a decade. It's time to start winning finals.

Does fyfe even get a game if we get Warner

There has to be a small chance that Walters and/or Fyfe will retire at seasons end by mutual consent.

Fyfe in particular if he feels he's not best 23 in 2025 might pull the pin. He'd rather focus on non footy pursuits than play for Peel in 2025 IMO.

So Warner is managed by Anthony Morabito's brother?

Looks like it. Hopefully that works in our favour.

LUCKLESS defender Anthony Morabito’s younger brother Luke has taken to social media to pay tribute to the “inspirational” former Docker, who was delisted after seven injury-ravaged seasons on Tuesday.

Luke Morabito, a former WAFL reserves and colts player for Peel Thunder, posted the heartfelt message on Instagram just hours after Fremantle released the news they wouldn’t be renewing his brother’s contract.

“The incredible fortitude you’ve shown when facing such adverse events is truly inspirational and a testament to yourself,” he posted.

I believe we currently hold #10, #12 and #16

Chad Warner and #19 for #10, #12 and #16 values Warner at pick #2.

But if it's a F2 that comes back it puts him at pick #1.

WC have pick #3 and their future first.

They could offer #3, F1 for Warner and #19

Surely the Eagles are going to the draft, especially after the Tim Kelly trade?

Imagine if they trade their future first and finish bottom 3 in 2025 and the fallout that would come from that.

Surely the Eagles are going to the draft, especially after the Tim Kelly trade?

Imagine if they trade their future first and finish bottom 3 in 2025 and the fallout that would come from that.
He’s 23 and a known quantity, they will push to get him. It will all depend where he wants to go. Hopefully his old mates like Dogga, Sharp can convince him

Back